P605 stuck at recovery booting...need help

Search This thread

Ilman

May 5, 2013
So I just tried to flash 4.4 on my P605 (file being P605XXUCNE2_P605OXACNE2_NEE.zip).
Sadly, I forgot to tick 'phone bootloader update' in Odin, soooo....now I'm stuck on the Samsung logo with 'Recovery booting' written in blue on the top left edge.
I've searched the Net for a solution, but all the ones I've found require me to remove my battery, which is kinda impossible on the P605 without hardware modifications.

I really need some help here, as I'm sure there is another way to get to Download Mode.
:D

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
So I just tried to flash 4.4 on my P605 (file being P605XXUCNE2_P605OXACNE2_NEE.zip).
Sadly, I forgot to tick 'phone bootloader update' in Odin, soooo....now I'm stuck on the Samsung logo with 'Recovery booting' written in blue on the top left edge.
I've searched the Net for a solution, but all the ones I've found require me to remove my battery, which is kinda impossible on the P605 without hardware modifications.

I really need some help here, as I'm sure there is another way to get to Download Mode.
:D

Flash stock JB rom,let it reboot then Flash Kitkat rom after... Flash TWRP 2.7.0.1 and let reboot, go into recovery, now should be TWRP, flash latest supersu.zip file(1.99r3). Now Kitkat, rooted and custom recovery.
If you don't want root and TWRP, skip those steps...
Just be aware you will have difficulty accessing external sd card with any but stock file manager and not all 3rd party apps will be allowed to use it (unless rooted)...

Ilman

May 5, 2013
Flash stock JB rom,let it reboot then Flash Kitkat rom after... Flash TWRP 2.7.0.1 and let reboot, go into recovery, now should be TWRP, flash latest supersu.zip file(1.99r3). Now Kitkat, rooted and custom recovery.
If you don't want root and TWRP, skip those steps...
Just be aware you will have difficulty accessing external sd card with any but stock file manager and not all 3rd party apps will be allowed to use it (unless rooted)...

The problem I'm currently facing is that I can't get to d/l mode, recovery or w/e. It's just stuck in a bootloop...
Thanks for the reply, tho.

jbm76

The problem I'm currently facing is that I can't get to d/l mode, recovery or w/e. It's just stuck in a bootloop...
Thanks for the reply, tho.

I had the same problem, just hold down power and down vol and get to into download mode so you can tick that bootloader update and it will work.
Took me a few goes to get it to go there... but it did work for me.. Hope that helps

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I also found the flash jig for the S2 works to get to download mode...
Don't know what I mean, here's a youtube video demonstrating, just forget the bit with the battery, you just need to insert and power down - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yqWf6JU3o

Worth around $3 on ebay... Look for S2 usb jig...

Last edited:

xda_user_p600

Dec 30, 2013
I had the same problem, just hold down power and down vol and get to into download mode so you can tick that bootloader update and it will work.
Took me a few goes to get it to go there... but it did work for me.. Hope that helps
You must do it at the right moment between screen cycles. Took me 1 minute, but for some people here on forum it took 30.

Ilman

May 5, 2013

I've been trying that since yesterday, no dice. :(

I also found the flash jig for the S2 works to get to download mode...
Don't know what I mean, here's a youtube video demonstrating, just forget the bit with the battery, you just need to insert and power down - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yqWf6JU3o

Worth around $3 on ebay... Look for S2 usb jig...

That looks like a nifty thing, minght look into one if I can't fix it the next couple of days.

You must do it at the right moment between screen cycles. Took me 1 minute, but for some people here on forum it took 30.
What does a screen cycle mean exactly? Sorry if the question is dumb. :p

Edit: Just got into d/l mode.
I did that by holding Vol- and power. It restarted a couple of times but in the end it got there. Thanks for all the help. :D

Last edited: