Verizon P905V Note Pro12.2 LTE Root & Recovery Bounty

Search This thread

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
I'm willing to donate for the purposes of obtaining root for the Verizon Note Pro12.2 LTE model P905V. When I try to ask normally it's on with other versions and the thread gets confused for my purposes.

Has anyone achieved root on p905v?

If not, what files can I provide from my unrooted P905V? How can I extract them?

Has anyone managed to make a custom Recovery or port one for the p905v?

Thanks in adavance

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

laffen13

Feb 10, 2008
I'm willing to donate for the purposes of obtaining root for the Verizon Note Pro12.2 LTE model P905V. When I try to ask normally it's on with other versions and the thread gets confused for my purposes.

Has anyone achieved root on p905v?

If not, what files can I provide from my unrooted P905V? How can I extract them?

Has anyone managed to make a custom Recovery or port one for the p905v?

Thanks in adavance

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

I am willing to donate also. I can't wait to root my Verizon Note Pro!

tdetroit

Sep 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
Count me in for at leaast $10.....can't donate more because we have to replace our Front Porch this spring....thanks to the Brutal Winter we had in Detroit and the fact that stairs are crumbling. AnyWHO....I'm in. Can't wait to root my P905V.

Sent from my SM-P905V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sudbury78

Jan 1, 2013
I feel like someone on the CF root thead noted they were successful at rooting out version. I had asked and was no response. I think it was a few pages back, I'll do some digging.

Xeeg

Apr 18, 2014
Root sm-p905V please

I'm completely new to this and unsure about how donation works. Just got my first android device as this sm-p905V.
Likely one of the best pieces of technology I ever purchased. Was very excited about getting perfect-dark for n64 with 2 controllers, but turns out i need root access to get the ps3 cotrollers to bluetooth to the thing.

I just heard about rooting for the first time yesterday while trying to get these controllers working. Sounds like it is alot more exciting than just playing some old school nintendo.=D
I look forward to getting root access and really exploring the usefulness of this device.

tdetroit

Sep 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
They've just posted the first 4.4.2 Rooted Rom for the Verizon Note 3, so I wonder if that will help our devices, which has pretty much the same chipset in it?

JarkMackson

Jan 7, 2007
We're up to about $200 for the bounty (as far as I have counted). Let's do this!!! (pretty) Please!!!

laffen13

Feb 10, 2008
Has anyone been able to get the system.img or recovery.img for the P905V? I looked around all day yesterday and couldn't extract from my tablet because of lack of su and sammobile.com doesn't have the system.img either. I don't think chainfire will be able to root our tablets until we get a copy of the system.img and extract the recovery for him.

Last edited:

JarkMackson

Jan 7, 2007
Has anyone been able to get the system.img or recovery.img for the P905V? I looked around all day yesterday and couldn't extract from my tablet because of lack of su and sammobile.com doesn't have the system.img either. I don't think chainfire will be able to root our tablets until we get a copy of the system.img and extract the recovery for him.

I don't know how to extract it but if there is a way to for me to help, someone PM me the details and I'm on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Towelroot v3 works to root this version without tripping knox 0x0. I like that it has added some capabilities that i was looking for but now we need custom recovery (TWRP). How does one pull recovery? Someone had posted the software for p905v. I can share it from my mega acct. https://mega.co.nz/#!WFB21CzA!TLRT_CQC1Dmj1O6Rd3FM_FLLKue-rktvxX-wCbdDG0w

Hopefully someone can get this figured out for Bigbiff over on twrp

Sent from my SM-P905V using XDA Free mobile app
    No love for SM-P905V

I check this forum about once every couple of months with hopes that someone finally rooted Lollipop for this tablet. I've been sitting on KitKat root since 2014, and it looks like that's where I'll be for good. This place is becoming a ghost town.

Such a shame too. Even today, this is still a fantastic tablet.
    I feel like someone on the CF root thead noted they were successful at rooting out version. I had asked and was no response. I think it was a few pages back, I'll do some digging.

Nope, I just checked and it's not been possible to use the CF method....yet.
    It works on the ATT version.
    any updates on this?? i wish i had known the 905v un rootable before i got it.