Search This thread

IamIrene

Mar 15, 2011
Phone don't even release in market yet lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

shredzone

Jul 30, 2012
Cologne
Hopefully soon... I want this phone so badly! :D But I hate Sense and all the other preinstalled bloatware, so I will only buy it if there is a fully functional vanilla custom ROM.

crea78

Jan 17, 2011
Charlotte, NC
How is HTC nowadays when it comes to unlocking the bootloader? I like the look of the One and its features, but coming from the GNex, rooting my phone is a must.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

MrPhilo

Dec 12, 2010
Sheffield
It's easy to unlock HTC Bootloader if it's supported in there bootloader tool, only around 5-10minutes. It's not fully s-off though like the HTC One X but its possible to flash kernels and roms.

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
Don't be fooled by the htcdev site boot unlock. You still remain s-on, and the boot is still locked. Kernel needs to be flashed separately, cant flash radios... Worse, htc has avery poor track record in providing firmware source codes for its phone h/w components (twin 3D cam in evo3D, cam f/w for almost all phones, no third party support), ergo, no official cyanogen mod 10,11 or wany such official roms. What you get is some unofficial hack using ersatz codes by a dev experimenting...never stable....no hope outside stock rom....its time to abandon ship than stay on a burning platform (to quote steven Elop).

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Sort of false. You can flash radios just can't downgrade it. Also when S-On you still can flash the kernel through fastboot or TWRP has a feature to let you flash the kernel.

With regards to S-Off I'm not sure but the S-Off method found on One X was just made days ago and I think HTC haven't patched it yet so assuming this is the case HTC One can be S-Off by using the same method.

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
I'm a fan of CM, but I'm buying this phone wholly expecting to be using nova launcher (or similar) over the top of sense. HTC kernels deviate a reasonable amount from AOSP and as stated things like cameras are just released as packed drivers, so it's very hard to manipulate for AOSP roms.

M.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Sort of false. You can flash radios just can't downgrade it. Also when S-On you still can flash the kernel through fastboot or TWRP has a feature to let you flash the kernel.

With regards to S-Off I'm not sure but the S-Off method found on One X was just made days ago and I think HTC haven't patched it yet so assuming this is the case HTC One can be S-Off by using the same method.

How do you flash radios if htcdev unlocked.? Other than running a RUU? HTC Evo LTE got s-off quite a while back, but also, the first hboot it shipped with actually allowed radio and kernel flash. But they patched that quickly. I never update an hboot though. Lazy panda got S-off for Evo lte just a couple months after release, if even that long. And for all the fools who updated hboot before S-off, team unlimited has been able to get s-off for every hboot since.

From my Evo LTE, yup.

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Don't be fooled by the htcdev site boot unlock. You still remain s-on, and the boot is still locked. Kernel needs to be flashed separately, cant flash radios... Worse, htc has avery poor track record in providing firmware source codes for its phone h/w components (twin 3D cam in evo3D, cam f/w for almost all phones, no third party support), ergo, no official cyanogen mod 10,11 or wany such official roms. What you get is some unofficial hack using ersatz codes by a dev experimenting...never stable....no hope outside stock rom....its time to abandon ship than stay on a burning platform (to quote steven Elop).

Hi :)

I think jcase tweeted that the HTC one is cid write protected though

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Cookie Ninja

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll try and port CM once I get my phone

Hi :)

I think jcase tweeted that the HTC one is cid write protected though

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda app-developers app