Have a Google Edition One? Look here before you do ANYTHING to it!

Search This thread

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
So it has been reported that GE HTC One's are shipping. We would like to get all the paritions dumped so that we can use the images to fully convert our normal Ones into full fledged Google Edition Ones.

Before you do ANYTHING with it (before you root, before you flash a recovery etc...) Follow these directions courtesy of cschmitt Found Here This will ensure we get all the partitions

I have pasted the steps below. This will help the community out greatly!

I have a windows command script that uses adb to dump and pull every partition from a One, excluding cache (meaningless) and userdata (to large).

He would need adb and fastboot on his computer, no need for S-off, since we are only reading partitions.

Generally the process would be:

Enable USB Developer options and USB debugging on phone.
Connect phone to usb, install drivers from zip folder if prompted.
Copy SuperSU-v1.41.zip to sd card.

Reboot into bootloader. (Power off, hold power on an vol-down.)
Open command prompt into \htconedump folder.
Unlock bootloader, fastboot oem unlock should do it.

Reboot back into bootloader (via hboot menu.)

From command prompt:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot boot openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-m7.img (Take note we are not flashing recovery, just booting into it so we can root. If you flash the recovery we will not be able to get the stock GE recovery pulled)

Once TWRP boots, flash SuperSU-v1.41.zip via TWRP to root device.

Reboot back into system.
Run pullmmc01-37.cmd command script from a windows command prompt.
Zip up the dump directory containing all of the mmcblk0p??.bin files.

I've packaged everything up into a zip file containing ADB, fastboot, HTC drivers, superuser.zip, TWRP image, and the pullmmc01-37.cmd command script.

htconedump.zip"

Also make sure to take note of your CID in the bootloader and also report that in this thread. You can get this by running fastboot getvar all while in the bootloader. The MID and the CID will be listed. Please make note of both.

I would advise anyone doing it that they do it without fully setting up the phone because once you unlock the bootloader it will wipe your data. So boot into android and just skip through the whole set up process because you'll just have to do it again after you unlock the bootloader

EDIT: Got this info from the Dump thread on Android Central. Just need to confirm it's correct with someone who has the device

ro.product.name=m7_google
cid=GOOGL001
mid=PN0712000
cidlist=GOOGL001

Last edited:

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com

We have the system and the boot.img but for us to do a full conversation we need the bootloader, the recovery etc.. Sure, we can all run the rom now but if we get ALL the partitions dumped we can essentially convert our normal ones into full fledged google editions (I think if we had just the bootloader and the recovery we would be ok)

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Have you asked Mike?

Mike used the same dump everyone has been using. It was only system and boot not the bootloader or recovery. The guy who did the dump flashed a custom recovery before he did the dump so we did not get the stock GE recovery which is needed if we want a full conversion and be able to get OTA's just like the GE One would get.

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
we would need the 4.3 system dump

Yeah here is to wishing they ship with 4.3 lol

The idea here is not for us to be able to run the rom but to fully do a conversion. As of now we have the 4.2.2 rom and boot image. I have two ones and I want to fully convert one to a GE. I know others are interested in performing a full conversion as well. And if we do the full conversion when the 4.3 OTA drops we would get it as an OTA and not have to wait for other devs to package it all up for everyone

Mike used the same dump everyone has been using. It was only system and boot not the bootloader or recovery. The guy who did the dump flashed a custom recovery before he did the dump so we did not get the stock GE recovery which is needed if we want a full conversion and be able to get OTA's just like the GE One would get.

Ok. I assumed that, due to the delay in Mike releasing his GE rom, that he had perhaps acquired his own information.
If anybody lives in the viscinity of Old York City, struggling to dump the required information, I could offer the same service as you have for those near New York City........Highly unlikely I guess. :D

Edubyah

Jul 1, 2010
Mobile
This is a great idea. If not for the missing T-Mobile LTE band I would have bought the GE. I hope you get what you need. Would probably cure my Flashaholics disease too, if you're always up to date with the latest and greatest.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 2

serialtoon

May 25, 2006
Yea i cant wait for the dump. I bought this phone specifically to make it a GE. Im on AT&T, running an unlocked Tmobile HTC One. The best of both worlds :)

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
Hey! I remember you! Didn't you use one of my roms at one time(Either on the HTC View or GS3)? If I remember correctly you're also from NY?

I did on the HTC View and very likely the GS3 as well and I am from NY :) Its nice to run into you again. The HTC One is finally a phone worth KEEPING, finally. Now that I am off VZW and enjoying GSM and a Developer Edition H1 life is far more interesting.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Yea i cant wait for the dump. I bought this phone specifically to make it a GE. Im on AT&T, running an unlocked Tmobile HTC One. The best of both worlds :)

I look forward to what the devs cook up in the ROM kitchen. I am very keen to try out the GE ROM's but I would also like HTC to just offer up the option for DE to get it now and to allow anyone to flash it if they want.

slikr

Jul 28, 2008
I am also interested in converting my s4 gt-9505 into a full google edition s4 with OTA.

Last edited:

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Hopefully in the next few hours it will arrive! Cant wait to receive it:D:D

Are you going to try to dump the partitions? If so, I would advise anyone doing it that they do it without fully setting up the phone because once you unlock the bootloader it will wipe your data. So boot into android and just skip through the whole set up process because you'll just have to do it again after you unlock the bootloader

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So it has been reported that GE HTC One's are shipping. We would like to get all the paritions dumped so that we can use the images to fully convert our normal Ones into full fledged Google Edition Ones.

Before you do ANYTHING with it (before you root, before you flash a recovery etc...) Follow these directions courtesy of cschmitt Found Here This will ensure we get all the partitions

I have pasted the steps below. This will help the community out greatly!

I have a windows command script that uses adb to dump and pull every partition from a One, excluding cache (meaningless) and userdata (to large).

He would need adb and fastboot on his computer, no need for S-off, since we are only reading partitions.

Generally the process would be:

Enable USB Developer options and USB debugging on phone.
    Connect phone to usb, install drivers from zip folder if prompted.
    Copy SuperSU-v1.41.zip to sd card.

Reboot into bootloader. (Power off, hold power on an vol-down.)
    Open command prompt into \htconedump folder.
    Unlock bootloader, fastboot oem unlock should do it.

Reboot back into bootloader (via hboot menu.)

From command prompt:
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot boot openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-m7.img (Take note we are not flashing recovery, just booting into it so we can root. If you flash the recovery we will not be able to get the stock GE recovery pulled)

Once TWRP boots, flash SuperSU-v1.41.zip via TWRP to root device.

Reboot back into system.
    Run pullmmc01-37.cmd command script from a windows command prompt.
    Zip up the dump directory containing all of the mmcblk0p??.bin files.

I've packaged everything up into a zip file containing ADB, fastboot, HTC drivers, superuser.zip, TWRP image, and the pullmmc01-37.cmd command script.

htconedump.zip"

Also make sure to take note of your CID in the bootloader and also report that in this thread. You can get this by running fastboot getvar all while in the bootloader. The MID and the CID will be listed. Please make note of both.

I would advise anyone doing it that they do it without fully setting up the phone because once you unlock the bootloader it will wipe your data. So boot into android and just skip through the whole set up process because you'll just have to do it again after you unlock the bootloader

EDIT: Got this info from the Dump thread on Android Central. Just need to confirm it's correct with someone who has the device

ro.product.name=m7_google
    cid=GOOGL001
    mid=PN0712000
    cidlist=GOOGL001
    It's dumping :)

Haha, sorry all for the newbness in all this, I'm no dev, just one of the two guys that actually bought the phone, haha.

UPDATE: crap, ok hold up it's giving me permission denied errors :-/

Wtf the motochopper said it was gtg and rebooted the phone..
    Are you going to try to dump the partitions? If so, I would advise anyone doing it that they do it without fully setting up the phone because once you unlock the bootloader it will wipe your data. So boot into android and just skip through the whole set up process because you'll just have to do it again after you unlock the bootloader

Okay ill try :cowboy:
    Ok update we now have the Bootloader and stock recovery pulled! Bootloader is working fine on my one. Recovery we are having issues with. It will go to boot into recovery the screen will go black and then the phone boots into android
    Excellent. I'm mainly just interested in the Bootloader.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Bootloader is working without a hitch :) I have it flashed