Samsung Galaxy s3 reading SD Card Problems

Search This thread
Jan 31, 2014
If u took the 4.3ota u shouldn't have twrp custom recovery or non tw rom will brick ur fone. Leave those settings as it

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Check u have Samsung drivers on ur pc. By the looks of it. It will be a hardware issue... One last thing try different sdcard jst cover all the bases

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Or different usb cable or pc as well

I didn't take the 4.3 via OTA, I upgraded to it using the file on my sd card, on the unrooted phone. I do have TWRP recovery on it, and it does not brick my phone. My rom is stock 4.3, which is a TW rom. So, I don't think any of that has anything to do with my microSD card problem.

I do have the proper Samsung USB drivers, and I did try using several different sd cards. I did not try a different cable, as there were times I could see the sd card over the cable, but the card had to be reported as mounted on my phone in order for that to happen. And my phone keeps unmounting the card randomly.

I think you are correct in that this appears to be a hardware issue. I took the back cover off my phone and left it off, and the card stays mounted. However, as soon as you press the sd card area on the back of the phone (I just put my finger over it), the sd card becomes unmounted. The reverse is NOT true though--you can't just press that area to get it to mount again. It appears that, for an sd card to remain mounted on this phone, I can't have battery cover on it, and can't have anything pressing on that area. Yeah, that's not exactly a realistic expectation. It's a defect. This puppy needs to be replaced. Thanks for helping me rule out "user" issues.

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
Ok put it back to stock and get a replacement.. If u would to call they would jst say factory reset. I got in a argument with Samsung regarding a hardware issue they keep saying software or user issue

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: procrastistamper
Jan 31, 2014
Ok put it back to stock and get a replacement.. If u would to call they would jst say factory reset. I got in a argument with Samsung regarding a hardware issue they keep saying software or user issue

Thanks--my hubby is an embedded systems engineer and does board design, and after I told him what you guys said, and all I had done to rule out other problems, he said this has to be hardware. So the seller better not give me crap over it.

5ft24

Apr 21, 2011
Mount Vernon
I've tried several different sizes/classes. What I have in there now is a 32g class 10 Transcend card. I can write to it from the phone and read it on the PC when the phone is mounted, but only if the stupid phone doesn't randomly decide to unmount the card. So, maybe it actually *is* the hardware that's hosed. Are you rooted on 4.3? Just trying to figure out if that makes any difference with the sd card situation.

Im on the 4.3 OTA, rooted, safestrap loaded etc. Triangle away is running, and SuperSU is installed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

sinanan9

Feb 12, 2014
FIX FOR SD PROBLEM Use Samsung UHS-I Plus cards it fixed mines

I would like to know can someone help me with SD problems on my samsung galaxy s3 it don't seem like is reading the SD card if someone can help me thank you?

***************Use Samsung UHS-I Plus cards it fixed mines

Geekboy26

Feb 12, 2014
I would like to know can someone help me with SD problems on my samsung galaxy s3 it don't seem like is reading the SD card if someone can help me thank you?

Hi there

I had the same problem when I changed phones, switched the SD card I used in my BB 9900 to my S3 and it didn't recognise it. I've tried formatting the card even though I didn't want to lose the pictures I had on there but still nothing. Can anyone recommend a type of recovery software that will work?

TurboAAA

Nov 29, 2012
Hi there

I had the same problem when I changed phones, switched the SD card I used in my BB 9900 to my S3 and it didn't recognise it. I've tried formatting the card even though I didn't want to lose the pictures I had on there but still nothing. Can anyone recommend a type of recovery software that will work?

If Recuva doesn't find them your hosed. If you've overwritten the data your hosed, flash media is funny that way ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on the 4.3 OTA, and have a sandisk 32g class 10 card I picked up at Radio Shack. Never had any issues with the phone accessing it (and it's loaded with 25g of media and data), or with the PC accessing it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk