[Q] HTC rebooting by itself.What should i do?

Search This thread

plaYer25

Feb 3, 2014
I have a HTC desire HD hboot-2.00.0029, radio 26.14.04.28_M .I installed on it RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_Orange_UK_3.13.61.5_Radio_12.65.60.29_26.14.04.28_M_release_235697_signed .I turn it off and leave it off like 3 weeks. After that when i wanted to turn it on , it starts on a white background with HTC letters and then turn off and start again doing the same thing.
Can somebody help me?Thanks

that's mean boot lop..right..

is the phone still can go to the bootloader...?
if yes...you can try go to bootloader and try select factory reset from there..

anyway..what the detail state of your phone bootloader..?, i mean..is it already unlocked..?, s-off?, or what...?
are you sure... that's the RUU you flashed is the correct that are suitable for your phone..?

hope this help..

Last edited:

plaYer25

Feb 3, 2014
that's mean boot lop..right..

is the phone still can go to the bootloader...?
if yes...you can try go to bootloader and try select factory reset from there..

anyway..what the detail state of your phone bootloader..?, i mean..is it already unlocked..?, s-off?, or what...?
are you sure... that's the RUU you flashed is the correct that are suitable for your phone..?

hope this help..

yes, i tried to do a factory reset..nothing..still rebooting..

nope..it's locked on orange..s-on..but the thing is that i operated on it after i installed that ruu.

i dont know what to do :(..

yes, i tried to do a factory reset..nothing..still rebooting..

nope..it's locked on orange..s-on..but the thing is that i operated on it after i installed that ruu.

i dont know what to do :(..
so you mean that your phone still in stock right..?

while you installing that RUU before..is that already finish..?

did you already tried flashing that RUU again...?, maybe you can try it to flashing it that RUU again but now is tried flashing it from your bootloader..
to do that you must go to bootloader and select FASTBOOT..then connecting it your phone to pc until indicator is FASTBOOT-USB..then try open cmd from your adb / sdk folder..then typing "fastboot oem rebootRUU"..then after that..you can try running again RUU.exe from your computer..and wait until finish..then just tell me if that success booting or not..

hope this help..

plaYer25

Feb 3, 2014
so you mean that your phone still in stock right..?

while you installing that RUU before..is that already finish..?

did you already tried flashing that RUU again...?, maybe you can try it to flashing it that RUU again but now is tried flashing it from your bootloader..
to do that you must go to bootloader and select FASTBOOT..then connecting it your phone to pc until indicator is FASTBOOT-USB..then try open cmd from your adb / sdk folder..then typing "fastboot oem rebootRUU"..then after that..you can try running again RUU.exe from your computer..and wait until finish..then just tell me if that success booting or not..

hope this help..

after i did this command : "fastboot oem rebootRUU" it appers like a menu(see the picture) What should i do?run again that RUU?write a command before i run it?cheers

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 24

plaYer25

Feb 3, 2014
are you sure you do that command while your phone connected to pc and it's in bootloader FASTBOOT-USB mode..?
and you sure htc driver at your pc correctly detected your phone..?

if so..just try another fastboot command "fastboot getvar all" and just show me the output of this command..

What should i do?you have all details about my phone!!thank you for helping me!!

Last edited:
What should i do?you have all details about my phone!!thank you for helping me!!

firstly remove your phone serial number and imei from the attachment picture...avoid someone can cloning your phone...

you can try download this RUU from here..
after that without connecting your phone to pc..firstly you must find the rom.zip file from that RUU.exe..to do that..
just running that RUU.exe until two steps next..then hold there..do not continued and do not closed that..just let it open..then open your explorer..
C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Temp\[here you will find a lot folder like this "{5CAD3393-EEC0-44CE-9F93-BCAA365B77FB}"] ..search the latest folder by date..and inside that folder you will find subfolder like that again..open it..here you will see the rom.zip file..just copied the rom.zip file to another location...then after that you can cancel and close it RUU.exe

rename it the rom.zip file to "PD98IMG.zip" then copied to the root directory of your sd card (do not place it in any folder)..you can using card reader to copied that file..
after that...just put it in back your sd card to your phone..then boot up your phone to bootloader..then let the bootloader check it the PD98IMG.zip file..and wait until they ask to updating it..just confirm it with volume up..then wait until finish and ask you to confirm reboot with pressing power button..after that if your phone is already success a booting normal again..you must remove it the PD98IMG.zip file from your sd card..

just let me know if this work or not...

hope this help..

Last edited:

plaYer25

Feb 3, 2014
firstly remove your phone serial number and imei from the attachment picture...avoid someone can cloning your phone...

after that without connecting your phone to pc..firstly you must find the rom.zip file from that RUU.exe..to do that..
just running that RUU.exe until two steps next..then hold there..do not continued and do not closed that..just let it open..then open your explorer..
C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Temp\[here you will find a lot folder like this "{5CAD3393-EEC0-44CE-9F93-BCAA365B77FB}"] ..search the latest folder by date..and inside that folder you will find subfolder like that again..open it..here you will see the rom.zip file..just copied the rom.zip file to another location...then after that you can cancel and close it RUU.exe

rename it the rom.zip file to "PD98IMG.zip" then copied to the root directory of your sd card (do not place it in any folder)..you can using card reader to copied that file..
after that...just put it in back your sd card to your phone..then boot up your phone to bootloader..then let the bootloader check it the PD98IMG.zip file..and wait until they ask to updating it..just confirm it with volume up..then wait until finish and ask you to confirm reboot with pressing power button..after that if your phone is already success a booting normal again..you must remove it the PD98IMG.zip file from your sd card..

hope this help..

I cant find the root directory in my sdcard...neither the PD98 imagine

plaYer25

Feb 3, 2014

hope this help..

i did that..same thing..:((..just restarting...

i cant find any flder with that name
what windows version you are using..?

I cant find the root directory in my sdcard...neither the PD98 imagine
the root directory is mean just place it that file inside your sd card..don't place it that file in any folder "sdcard\[here the root directory]"

i did that..same thing..:((..just restarting...
can you more cleared and detailed what you mean is..?

did you mean you are already to do all the step i say to flashing it the PD98IMG.zip file through bootloader from the RUU.exe the link that i give it to you above...but the result is still boot loping..?

can you show me detailed of your bootloder correctly..i mean example like this..
***UNLOCKED***
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT - X.XX.XXXX
blah blah
blah blah..

because you say before in your first post is that you already had hboot 2.00.0029 version.. but in your attachment picture above is your hboot still 2.00.0027..which are exactly your hboot version is...?

did you already tried unlocking your bootloder via htcdev.com..?, and what exactly your reason to installing that RUU in your first post above..?

Last edited:

plaYer25

Feb 3, 2014
what windows version you are using..?

the root directory is mean just place it that file inside your sd card..don't place it that file in any folder "sdcard\[here the root directory]"

can you more cleared and detailed what you mean is..?

did you mean you are already to do all the step i say to flashing it the PD98IMG.zip file through bootloader from the RUU.exe the link that i give it to you above...but the result is still boot loping..?

can you show me detailed of your bootloder correctly..i mean example like this..
***UNLOCKED***
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT - X.XX.XXXX
blah blah
blah blah..

because you say before in your first post is that you already had hboot 2.00.0029 version.. but in your attachment picture above is your hboot still 2.00.0027..which are exactly your hboot version is...?

did you already tried unlocking your bootloder via htcdev.com..?, and what exactly your reason to installing that RUU in your first post above..?

i have finnished all the steps you told me..nothing still booting loop..after i installed that version i tried to update to another RUU(exactly the RUU you told me to download).

now i have RUU ARA:
hboot-2.00.0027
radio: 26.14.04.28_M

i am using win7.after i follow all your steps the phone is still in booting loop..

i have finnished all the steps you told me..nothing still booting loop..after i installed that version i tried to update to another RUU(exactly the RUU you told me to download).

now i have RUU ARA:
hboot-2.00.0027
radio: 26.14.04.28_M

i am using win7.after i follow all your steps the phone is still in booting loop..
that's so weird things...
what if you try too installing that RUU.exe like normal way...i mean just connecting your phone with pc (select FASTBOOT mode from your bootloder) then running that RUU.exe until finish..

if that still fail too...then another way is you can try it to unlocking your bootloader via htcdev.com first..then after that you can continued installing custom recovery like 4ext, twrp or cwm..and then installing custom rom..
to unlock your bootloader via htcdev.com...firstly you must update your hboot version to 2.00.0029...that hboot update file is already in there site..just follow instruction from site it self..

plaYer25

Feb 3, 2014
that's so weird things...
what if you try too installing that RUU.exe like normal way...i mean just connecting your phone with pc (select FASTBOOT mode from your bootloder) then running that RUU.exe until finish..

if that still fail too...then another way is you can try it to unlocking your bootloader via htcdev.com first..then after that you can continued installing custom recovery like 4ext, twrp or cwm..and then installing custom rom..
to unlock your bootloader via htcdev.com...firstly you must update your hboot version to 2.00.0029...that hboot update file is already in there site..just follow instruction from site it self..

i have already tried that...i tried for 3-4 times..same results :booting loop.

i will tomorrow that thing with htc..after i unlock it how can i install a recovery?what rom do you advice me to install?and how?thank you..

i have already tried that...i tried for 3-4 times..same results :booting loop.

i will tomorrow that thing with htc..after i unlock it how can i install a recovery?what rom do you advice me to install?and how?thank you..
This so weird...because that you told me with these both RUU that you had already installed is all process had success completed until finish....but what i know is...that's impossible the phone while still in stock condition can received two different stock RUU with different cid num too...accept if your already had a goldcard and flashing it just through bootloader..

Anyway...just unlocking that bootloader first then after success unlocking...i will continued told you what step by step you must to do next...

Now i'm gone a sleep..

Sent from my HTCSensation using Tapatalk

plaYer25

Feb 3, 2014
This so weird...because that you told me with these both RUU that you had already installed is all process had success completed until finish....but what i know is...that's impossible the phone while still in stock condition can received two different stock RUU with different cid num too...accept if your already had a goldcard and flashing it just through bootloader..

Anyway...just unlocking that bootloader first then after success unlocking...i will continued told you what step by step you must to do next...

Now i'm gone a sleep..

i receive this error when i try to unlock bootloader

... INFO[ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.007s]
finished. total time: 0.007s

fastboot oem get_identifier_token

Did you already update your hboot to version 2.00.0029 first before running that command..?

if not yet...just download this hboot from here.. then flashing this via bootloader..
to flashing this hboot through bootloader is just the same way as my guide in my #8 post..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    are you sure you do that command while your phone connected to pc and it's in bootloader FASTBOOT-USB mode..?
    and you sure htc driver at your pc correctly detected your phone..?

if so..just try another fastboot command "fastboot getvar all" and just show me the output of this command..