[PRJ] The Manhattan Project - 1.6GHz - Shelved/Succeeded by Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

KellyLewis3985

Jul 28, 2010
Lake Charles, LA
Hey everyone, I modified Eugenes (Thanks to Eugene373) kernel support and put the JI6 modem in it. If your like me and have to use the JI6 modem and will be using this kernel this is for you.
http://db.tt/kZ8175E
Also Viral my phone told me to tell you it loves you. This is already smoother then jacs and voodoo imo. I cant wait till its finished. Morfic and Viral, great work I love it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

EZ14U2NV

Feb 25, 2009
1300 quad 12 lin pre 2.2 lagfix
3200 quad 13 lin inc 2.2 lagfix

holy hell
78 fps on neo governor on performance!!

3d 5 row 250+app drawer in launcher is like butter!!
However same contacts list and settings menu scroll choppiness as in bionix and fusion!

violinistmd

Jul 10, 2010
Ive been using this all night...
Flashed Stock, then had JI6, then flashed Bionix Fusion 1.1 (Stock),
then flashed The Manhattan PRoject,
Then Used OCLF after reinstalling boot animation...no problems at all...

3300 Quad Scores, Tested super smooth on several 3D's like Nova, Raging Thunder, Reckless Racing...no problems, lags, or glitches

holding steady around 42 degrees C (107F)

violinistmd

Jul 10, 2010
You definitely must disable voodoo lag fix, as it is incompatible with this kernel, but more importantly, you have to disable voodoo whenever you want to flash something new...

Azrael.arach

Jul 5, 2010
So far kernel is great problem I have is when doing the Oclf lag fix it comes up with playlogos1 less than 5k. Any ideas

zombioptic

Oct 17, 2010
Originally from Philadelphia
Hey,

do i need to disable voodoo lagfix befor flashing this kernel? i'm running bionix

Are you just joking around, our are you serious? I can never tell anymore... If you are serious, the answer is yes, but this has got to be the single most asked question in the entire forum. Try reading and exploring a bit. If you don't even know to disable voodoo before you do ANYTHING, you might not even be ready for this. It tells you right in the OP. Either way, good luck, and God's speed (something the Manhattan Project will practically give you!).

djf8

Dec 1, 2009
Choctaw, OK
So far switching setcpu to performance has fixed my lockups. Ran stess test for 20+ mins this morning. Not one lockup so far.

Sent from my Fusion powered Vibrant.

IDtheTarget

Jun 21, 2010
I am currently using and can vouch for RyanZAs OCLF 2.2 APK

Viral,

Just curious, I was running RyanZAs update.zip a month or two ago, and found that after awhile I'd get corruption and the phone would brick. I haven't had that problem with Voodoo. (I need a lagfix, or it literally takes minutes to open a novel in Aldiko.)

Are you running RyanZA's APK for long enough periods to determine if there are still corruption issues? Or is it stable enough to use instead of Voodoo now?

thanks!

violinistmd

Jul 10, 2010
So far kernel is great problem I have is when doing the Oclf lag fix it comes up with playlogos1 less than 5k. Any ideas

Go into the application, and click on Restore Boot Animation. It will solve your problem. Of course, Reading this thread would have solved it sooner....

BTW Thanks to the developers this is really sick, and I love the name....Classic

bootsie99

Sep 1, 2010
Restored boot animation, loaded Ryans 2.2

with voodoo - Quad was 1350
with Ryans - Quad was 3175

Battery temp is solid, never really gets above 100

Very nice!~

Also have my screen off profile setup on Setcpu and have had no issues with that at all either

Viral -Do we still want to run Setcpu on conservative, or switch to performance like in your screenies?

Daddy_617

Sep 9, 2010
Ran several neocore benchmarks stayed at 55.6? Im jealous of everyone who gets 78 and above :(

Edit: so tried to put it on performance, and it froze on neocore 2 times... I'm still going to push this thing :)

biigreen

Sep 29, 2010
Ran several neocore benchmarks stayed at 55.6? Im jealous of everyone who gets 78 and above :(

Edit: so tried to put it on performance, and it froze on neocore 2 times... I'm still going to push this thing :)

I've found the same thing. Set on Conservative it would hit upper 50's and run fine. Tried Performance and it bombed.

Can play 3D games like Asphalt, Need for Speed, etc... without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://board.teamwhiskey.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53&start=0

Project is simple in design and is a work in progress, overclock as far as we can go with ample supplied voltage for maximum stability. These are the screenshots taken last night from the last few builds of the evening, were up to something like 40 builds so far trying to get everything just the way we want it to run, look, and feel.

Currently we are overclocking both the GPU and CPU using both base frequency modifiers and multipliers. This is allowing us to directly push the GPU to its stable limit while adjusting out the CPU accordingly.

Project Developers
    Morfic and Viralblack of Team Whiskey. This is and will continue to be Morfic's baby until the phone prints money and/or can transform into a jet.

The Short and Long term goals are the following:

-To optimize the kernel with the best toolchains available to us
    -Inject vital code enhancements for stability and to extend the feature set of the SGS Vibrant line
    -To determine Min/Max Voltage, Bus Clock, and Multiplier values for Maximum Overclock and Maximum Effecient Overclock
    -Continue to push the GPU to its theoretical maximum independant of CPU clock values.

Target Numbers and Current Results.
    CPU Target 2.0GHz, Current Maximum Overclock 1.6 Stable (Time limitation only, havent rebuilt to try more)
    GPU Target 85 FPS Stable Bench, Current 78 FPS
    At current this is a JFD Stable build thats more than fairly bulletproof on battery life. To use with JI6 builds just flash Eugene's JFD/JI6 support package.

1600mhzVibrant1.png
    1600mhzVibrant2.png
    1600mhzVibrant3.png
    1600mhzVibrant5.png

This is NOT a hoax or scam, these are real DDMS screenshots from the build currently in progress, as it has not yet been released we do not have code or kernels available until we know its running smoothly. The following zImage is a prerelease alpha. Its strictly for proof of concept. This kernel is mildly optimized and includes the CPU and GPU overclocks. In three of three test phones the CPU was stable, in two of three phones the GPU was stable. One test phone was not able to complete neocore under this coding.

Battery life has proven about the same as traditional OC/UV kernels. This is NOT our finished product, this is an Alpha for proof of concept for other developers. Run at your own risk. There is no failsafe, this does not require SetCPU to engage. It comes out of the box at 1.6GHz with steppings of 1,2,4,8,16

Currently, tested incorporations with the zMod have shown that overclocking renders the zMod unstable and bricks the device. I personally preferred to use RyanZAs OCLF v2.2 APK.

I had one out of 20 quadrant runs fail because I switched scheduler away from deadline. CFQ proved to be less stable for one reason or another when running quadrant.

This thread will be updated as work progresses, Do not flash this if you do not know what youre doing. Suggestions are welcome for integrated features you would like to see in this kernel, we will not however be fielding bug reports as this right now is staged as a Prerelease Alpha or RC0.

If when this is flashed your phone crashes and is unable to work, my suggestion is odin the stock kernel back in place and wait for a lighter overclock version to be released.

Download -
    Removed while core is being rewritten

EDIT 10/28:

To update the project and to iterate why the download link was removed, the kernel seems to be misbehaving and we havent yet nailed down the correction as of yet.

As many people pointed out once it was released, the kernel seems to slow down 3D graphics. With this information and taking a day to go through all the options and data available to me, we discovered this issue isnt limited to just 3D graphics.

Imagine if you were running at 10MPH, and while you were running time slowed down but the slowdown didnt effect you. So youre still running at 10MPH but to the rest of the slowed down world, now youre running at 15MPH, even though your speed and direction havent changed.

The changes in the code for one reason or another arent playing nice with the Android system. Instead of pushing the clock up, in most cases, what its doing is simply slowing the internal clock down to the tune of about 30%. This is what is actually providing the benchmark gains that were being recorded, not an actual gain. This doesnt mean that the project is dead, we are recompiling to get a stable overclock with the new configurations. This doesnt mean the project was a failure, it just means we need to rewrite the alpha.

Edit 10/30 -
    So, we are having distinct issues removing the timing error from the kernel while maintaining the integrity of the time system. So, being that the timing is much more important, we began rewriting it all from scratch. This is currently marked as Project Core in the same forums. Core is taking the best of the overclocking and fine tuning that this kernel has and combining it with energy effeciency and stability a daily driver phone needs.

So, we will be balencing the high end power thats desired and the low power use that is needed in this new project. With that being said, I dont believe that 1.6GHz (in my own humble opinion) is even remotely necessary for 99 percent of phone, let alone for daily use. This project is being succeeded by Core to make a power friendly daily driver kernel.

The kernel will still be available from the forums Alpha/Beta Download Section, but will not be supported as its being replaced by Core.

We found the redline :) Now we need to find the happy medium. If you enjoyed this release, youll love Core and Core with zMod.

Thread Locked until release, OP PM me when you want to release it
    Can't wait to try quake3droid with this FPS hop! ;)

Tried it ...70-80 FPS but seems allot slower than normal
    I know how to read. I know what the OP says. Im stating that its running good for me, so why are you calling me a Liar or saying im wrong I have been playing several 3d games like Quake3Droid and Heavy Gunner 3d to name a few without the issues that I have read about. Just bc your phone isnt doing good doesnt mean I havent done anything to mine to make it work better.

I mainly put that since allot of people dont read not necessarily you.
    And it only took you 3 post to hint/brag that "you might have done something to make yours work better" not cool misinforming others that kernel is working great when in fact you're supposedly using an optimized version :rolleyes:

BTW quake3droid was the first game i tried even Anderdroid the developer of quake3droid said something wasn't rite

quake3droid renders in slow motion. But it renders at 90FPS. It really is 90FPS. That is definitely the power of this.

The problem is that there is a timer that isn't matching up with the clock speed- leading to 'perceived' slowness. It's noticeable in menus. The processor is processing faster than the timer is going. It's just an imbalance. Once this is fixed.... Oh.... man....

90FPS on quake 3 arena... Ninety.