[Q] Which KDZ file I should use

Search This thread

hash.86

helloo everybody as u can see i am new here and i dont know much about flashing and everything i just bought LG F180 yesterday.. now i want to convert my phone to E975 as i saw few threads that it is possible .. The thing is in software information menu my software version is F180S20n i need your help which KDZ file i should use? and is it safe to convert my phone ? like many people here have issues like no signals etc..

thanks in advance cheers :laugh:

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
helloo everybody as u can see i am new here and i dont know much about flashing and everything i just bought LG F180 yesterday.. now i want to convert my phone to E975 as i saw few threads that it is possible .. The thing is in software information menu my software version is F180S20n i need your help which KDZ file i should use? and is it safe to convert my phone ? like many people here have issues like no signals etc..

mostly not recommended to do so...!!happy with way yu have....

Reactions: hash.86

hash.86

In stock its 4.1.2
In custom roms its CM11(4.4.2)
ya yu can remove korean apps....yu need to root and unlock the bootloader...checking FAQ thread in this section

is it still risky if i flash a rom on my f180 and have signal problem? i saw few post here that people having problem like no signals after flashing?
can u recomend a stable,smooth and fast rom?

sunyakram

is it still risky if i flash a rom on my f180 and have signal problem? i saw few post here that people having problem like no signals after flashing?

I convert my f180l to e975 successfully. Now am using avatar rom 4.2.2 nightly. I recommend you a external link.keep in mind about your model s/k/l. I use Europe open kdz from here.
we from same country using same network and having same phone.hahaha

Last edited:

hash.86

Originally Posted by hash.86

I convert my f180l to e975 successfully. Now am using avatar rom 4.2.2 nightly. I recommend you a external link.keep in mind about your model s/k/l. I use Europe open kdz from here.
we from same country using same network and having same phone.hahaha

Got it... But the thing is my phone is F180s but if I want to convert my phone to E975 I have to flash E975's kdz first and that doesn't come with s k or l... Getting my point ??

Sent from my LG-F180S using xda app-developers app

sunyakram

Got it... But the thing is my phone is F180s but if I want to convert my phone to E975 I have to flash E975's kdz first and that doesn't come with s k or l... Getting my point ??

Sent from my LG-F180S using xda app-developers app

Yes I know but keep in mind about s. Coz if there is any problem S help you allot for flashing your own baseband. I recommend you European open kdz.but I am not responsible for any thing. Do it on your own risk. Its not danger all the time coz many people do that successfully.

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013
instead of kdz e975 firmware, why not try to flash a rom directly from f180 fw? maybe in this manner you won't have any signal prob. HTH

hash.86

what method did you used?

PHASE ONE (BACK UP PHASE)

1- made efs backup using "g tool pro"

2- downloaded "Android Terminal Emulator" from playstore
open emulator in phone wrote

su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem of=/sdcard/modem.img

after some seconds this came out :

131072+0 records in
131072+0 records out
67108864 bytes transferred in 15.229 secs

then :

exit
exit

after that i checked sdcard but there was no img file...
then i open file manager from the phone and there it was my precious

PHASE TWO TOOLS YOU NEED

first of all thanks to dreamkill3r

1)pc with windows
2)cable usb
3)the phone
4)internet access
5)kdz flasher
6) the kdz itself (all of these files you can find on the topic of converting f180 to e975)
7)framaroot app from playstore
8)drivers Lgunitedmobiledriver + other drivers described in xda topic
9) root explorer

PHASE THREE CONVERSION

1) Charge your phone at least 50 %
2) Save your data (photos , music, documents, etc. )
3 ) install on your phone framaroot and get root acces
4 )install Root Explorer
5) Make a Hard reset (turn off the phone,when it's turned off,hold down volume "-" and then press the power button , the text will appear , confirm the process by pressing twice the power button , the phone automatically reboots )
6) Turn off the phone
7) Install all the drivers
8) Extract the KDZ flasher
9) Run the file ( in the extracted folder ) msxml.msi
10) Connect your phone in "Download" mode ( simultaneously hold down the volume "-" and "+" and plug into your computer the USB- cable; it should appear a gray box on a black background where should be written download mode)
11 ) Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe ( for windows "seven " as an administrator ) , in the box choose - 3GCQT; in the window phonemode - DIAG
12) Click on the blank line with a folder , select where your firmware(kdz) is , click "Launch software Update"
13 ) Wait 10-15 minutes , when the phone is flashed , click "Exit"
14) Turn off the phone, do a Hard reset ( see item number 6)
15 ) install again Framaroot and Root Explorer, get root acces
16) Reboot your phone
17) your phone is ready to use
18) if you have the signal problem use ur modem backup.. flash it and issue gone :)
now u can flas any E975 ROM you want :D

Reactions: sunyakram

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

mostly not recommended to do so...!!happy with way yu have....
    you didnt tell me which KDZ file i should use sir :rolleyes:

I'm telling it is not recommended to convert F180 to E975...many facing problems coz of that..even in custom roms..
    okay... is it possible to remove these korean apps? and whats the latest rom available for f180? :(

In stock its 4.1.2
    In custom roms its CM11(4.4.2)
    ya yu can remove korean apps....yu need to root and unlock the bootloader...checking FAQ thread in this section
    what method did you used?

PHASE ONE (BACK UP PHASE)

1- made efs backup using "g tool pro"

2- downloaded "Android Terminal Emulator" from playstore
    open emulator in phone wrote

su
    dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem of=/sdcard/modem.img

after some seconds this came out :

131072+0 records in
    131072+0 records out
    67108864 bytes transferred in 15.229 secs

then :

exit
    exit

after that i checked sdcard but there was no img file...
    then i open file manager from the phone and there it was my precious

PHASE TWO TOOLS YOU NEED

first of all thanks to dreamkill3r

1)pc with windows
    2)cable usb
    3)the phone
    4)internet access
    5)kdz flasher
    6) the kdz itself (all of these files you can find on the topic of converting f180 to e975)
    7)framaroot app from playstore
    8)drivers Lgunitedmobiledriver + other drivers described in xda topic
    9) root explorer

PHASE THREE CONVERSION

1) Charge your phone at least 50 %
    2) Save your data (photos , music, documents, etc. )
    3 ) install on your phone framaroot and get root acces
    4 )install Root Explorer
    5) Make a Hard reset (turn off the phone,when it's turned off,hold down volume "-" and then press the power button , the text will appear , confirm the process by pressing twice the power button , the phone automatically reboots )
    6) Turn off the phone
    7) Install all the drivers
    8) Extract the KDZ flasher
    9) Run the file ( in the extracted folder ) msxml.msi
    10) Connect your phone in "Download" mode ( simultaneously hold down the volume "-" and "+" and plug into your computer the USB- cable; it should appear a gray box on a black background where should be written download mode)
    11 ) Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe ( for windows "seven " as an administrator ) , in the box choose - 3GCQT; in the window phonemode - DIAG
    12) Click on the blank line with a folder , select where your firmware(kdz) is , click "Launch software Update"
    13 ) Wait 10-15 minutes , when the phone is flashed , click "Exit"
    14) Turn off the phone, do a Hard reset ( see item number 6)
    15 ) install again Framaroot and Root Explorer, get root acces
    16) Reboot your phone
    17) your phone is ready to use
    18) if you have the signal problem use ur modem backup.. flash it and issue gone :)
    now u can flas any E975 ROM you want :D