[Q] Bricked Phone - Save Photos/Videos? (Stock Everything, No Root)

Search This thread

ashens

Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Hey,

I have a AT&T HTC-One, all stock with locked bootloader.

Currently, stuck in boot loop where if you turn on the phone - it will just keep rebooting itself over and over until the battery drains. Only way to shut off would be to boot into bootloader and power down.

I could care less about fixing the phone at this point. But I have lots of pictures that I would rather not lose.

I searched around and tried to flash TWRP recovery in order to mount the sd card to my PC. However TWRP failed to flash since my boot loader is locked. I can unlock the bootloader but I will lose all my data.

Is there any way I can salvage data off my phone? Any help will be appreciated.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hey,

I have a AT&T HTC-One, all stock with locked bootloader.

Currently, stuck in boot loop where if you turn on the phone - it will just keep rebooting itself over and over until the battery drains. Only way to shut off would be to boot into bootloader and power down.

I could care less about fixing the phone at this point. But I have lots of pictures that I would rather not lose.

I searched around and tried to flash TWRP recovery in order to mount the sd card to my PC. However TWRP failed to flash since my boot loader is locked. I can unlock the bootloader but I will lose all my data.

Is there any way I can salvage data off my phone? Any help will be appreciated.

did you try fastboot erase cache

Extract the zip below to c:\
then from c:\fastboot - right click - command prompt here
in the command windowtype
fastboot devices
your device serial no will be here
then
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

hopefully your phone will reboot on it's own

Your case reminds me why I unlock and flash custom recovery the first day I get a new phone. Backups !!

Attachments

• Fastboot.zip
    542.6 KB · Views: 7

ashens

Jun 17, 2012
NYC
did you try fastboot erase cache

Extract the zip below to c:\
then from c:\fastboot - right click - command prompt here
in the command windowtype
fastboot devices
your device serial no will be here
then
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

hopefully your phone will reboot on it's own

Your case reminds me why I unlock and flash custom recovery the first day I get a new phone. Backups !!

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, just tried it and still no dice. Reboot still puts it back into the bootloop.

...definitely lesson learned. :(

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, just tried it and still no dice. Reboot still puts it back into the bootloop.

...definitely lesson learned. :(

sorry to here that ... unfortunately everything else will be destructive... but your phone may be savable
If you want to proceed post your fastboot getvar all results minus your serial no and IMEI and I'll help you get the phone going again