[ROM] [24/08] Froyo DeLite 1.1 - A New Begining

Search This thread

gReg0r

Jul 13, 2009
first off: great evolution of your rom. really like where you're going!
second: just did a wipe of cache and dalvik by myself and updated to 0.85. getting no bootloops.

ItsDace

Aug 14, 2010
No errors at all. Atleast for me. Wiped all, flashed ROM, added some Apps and made some tweaks via DeLite Config.

Thanks Klutsh!

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
Trying to solve another problem at the minute, no matter what zip I try to apply now it's failing signture check!!

jchoong

Jun 10, 2008
Singapore
Nothing, it seems that 0.85 is not working right with the add-on packs, possibly due to including A2SD this time.
Will be working on this over the next couple of days.

This is getting confusing now, just gone from 0.80 to 0.85, then added the Sense Less mod, all without error.

Try without using Rom Manager?

Thanks for your prompt attention; I'm testing another ROM and will try 0.85 again later, without the Rom Manager.

jedininja666

May 30, 2007
ChavCentral (Sutton)
Hi Klutsh, just wanted to say that this ROM is your best ever, it feels so solid! Thanks!

Quick question, I'm using A2SD (not the '+' version) for the first time as Froyo A2SD is next to useless. I've successfully made a 512MB ext3 partition, of which so far my apps are using about 100MB. So far, so good. However, my internal space is less than I thought it should be, only about 47MB free.

I thought if you're using A2SD with an ext3 partition, only data and cache should remain on internal storage. 47MB free seems a bit low to me, or is it right?

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
Hi Klutsh, just wanted to say that this ROM is your best ever, it feels so solid! Thanks!

Quick question, I'm using A2SD (not the '+' version) for the first time as Froyo A2SD is next to useless. I've successfully made a 512MB ext3 partition, of which so far my apps are using about 100MB. So far, so good. However, my internal space is less than I thought it should be, only about 47MB free.

I thought if you're using A2SD with an ext3 partition, only data and cache should remain on internal storage. 47MB free seems a bit low to me, or is it right?

Your dalvik-cache & cache remains on internal, so your space will still go down.
Only data/app and data/app-private are moved to ext when using a2sd.

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
I'm going to back to the drawing board on this ROM.
Not wanting to sound like an ass, but I think their are enough variations of the same thing going around now, I should keep this rom as I first intended, an as close to stock as possible rom.
To me this Rom has near as damn it ended up a Pinky Desire clone, not what I wanted.
Perflock, CFQ etc, is their really any point in these? (Over 24 hours battery life without them)
For the 1-2% performance increase you get, they only really come into play when you have a un-locked and over clock-able Kernel.

I would like your thought's on this guy's?
(No Expresso-Mod support, it really does hit battery & performance running a de-odexed rom)

noble8

Jun 8, 2010
Not wanting to sound like an ass, but I think their are enough variations of the same thing going around now, I should keep this rom as I first intended, an as close to stock as possible rom.
To me this Rom has near as damn it ended up a Pinky Desire clone, not what I wanted.
Perflock, CFQ etc, is their really any point in these? (Over 24 hours battery life without them)
For the 1-2% performance increase you get, they only really come into play when you have a un-locked and over clock-able Kernel.

(No Expresso-Mod support, it really does hit battery & performance running a de-odexed rom)

+1
10 characters

jedininja666

May 30, 2007
ChavCentral (Sutton)

Hi Klutsh, thanks for your help with my A2SD post.

For me personally, the main things I'm concerned about are Root, Busybox and A2SD, possibly also the adhost block. If you wanted to scale down your DeLite Config and still support these great additions then that's fine by me! :)

The good thing about your ROM is you can keep it very stock, or at the press of a button make it extra tweaked if you want to, the user has that option! But I can totally see that this must be a programming nightmare for you!

ItsDace

Aug 14, 2010

I like that you remove Apps from Stock - who needs Stocks and Teeter anyway ;-)

All i want is a clean&fast ROM with some tweaks aka "I'm trying to keep this rom as close to stock as possible, with only worthwhile or optional mods adding"

bogartuk

Feb 2, 2009
I tried to flash 0.85 3 times unsuccessfully, all with the same results. I used Rom Manager - wiped, flashed 0.85 and setup; then flashed the sense less mod. It ends up with the FC and error - process android.process acore has stopped unexpectedly. What have I done wrong?

I seem to get FC - process android.process.acore when I sync Twitter for HTC Sense. Not to much of a problem for me because I use the official client anyway.

I did have the same FC while using MCR r8 so going to see if it is the same issue.

jchoong

Jun 10, 2008
Singapore
Would be helpful to have APN in; I'm from Spore and after flashing, there is no APN. A2SD seems to work so that's very good progress.

Psych0Chimp

Aug 7, 2010

I'm liking this idea, as you said there are many other heavily modified ROMs around...
Keep the base ROM as simple as possible, no de-odexing, just root and busybox. Then worry about add-on zips such as A2SD, kernel tweaks, CFQ etc!

ikabot

Aug 17, 2010

Hi Klutsh,
If I were rom chef I'd try to build a under-stock rom. I'd try to remove almost everything: facebook, twitter, footprints, youtube, news, wheather, google search, google voice, voice search... everything that an user can install later. There is too much garbage running my phone that I dont need.
And then, my rom would have the a simple theme like this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7734167&postcount=1443.
For me, this is what a Lite Rom should be.

But whatever you do will be great and I'll try it! Keep up your great job! :D

Regards

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
One thing you can possibly look forward too is, that (so long as you used unrEVOked for now) you will be able to partition your SD Card using DeLite Config.
Got most of that mod done. (Am even trying to get it right so you can remove your Ext Partition if you wanted too.

ItsDace

Aug 14, 2010
One thing you can possibly look forward too is, that (so long as you used unrEVOked for now) you will be able to partition your SD Card using DeLite Config.
Got most of that mod done. (Am even trying to get it right so you can remove your Ext Partition if you wanted too.

Nice to hear that. I really appreciate the work you put in DeLite Config. Its awesome.

teppic74

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 5, 2010
London
I like the idea of sticking to the stock ROM as much as possible. There are plenty of adventurous ROMs around, many which introduce hard to trace or fix bugs, and are fine if you want to be more experimental. That being said, things like CFQ and the Interactive scheduler are useful to have as an option.

I wouldn't like to see the ROM stripped bare - that is moving away from the stock ROM just as much as anything else.

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
I like the idea of sticking to the stock ROM as much as possible. There are plenty of adventurous ROMs around, many which introduce hard to trace or fix bugs, and are fine if you want to be more experimental. That being said, things like CFQ and the Interactive scheduler are useful to have as an option.

I wouldn't like to see the ROM stripped bare - that is moving away from the stock ROM just as much as anything else.

I agree, however CFQ is causing some problems of it's own, and isn't used if you turn on Interactive scheduler, so I think that 1 thing can go.

As for stripping out youtube etc, more people use those than don't, so I think they will be staying.
Friend Stream, I would love to see that go, but it causes a endless sync loop if it's removed, hence keeping the HTC Twitter.