[TUTORIAL]Update firmware through flashing the kdz files( With Picture )Step by Step

Search This thread

esag21

Nov 3, 2009
Here we go ( Read all instruction and comment before start flashing ) :

1 ) Download these 3 apps: http://www.4shared.com/rar/Re4VCOAS/kdz- udpate.htm (the original link is deleted, re-uploaded by RuedasLocas)
To get KDZ file you can find it here : http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=15

2 ) Once downloads complete Extract the file (ex.: C:\KDZ\) and u will get folder like this :-
Untitled_zpsc3ea8d25.jpg

3) Install B2CTools LG ( B2CAppSetup.exe ) this file is located on the folder that yr extract before .
b2c_zpsd19ae0ce.jpg

4) Run LGMobile update (must be on your desktop) and install the usb drivers .
b2cUpdate_zpsf5d2e267.jpg

5 ) Turn off yr device and remove the battery .

6 ) Now just hold down vol - key ( hold hold hold dont release !!!! ) and plug the USB cable until you get screen like this :-
upgrade_zps0f5b8db3.jpg

7 ) Wait for while due to yr computer will install some driver . Once the install is complete find "Device Manager" > Modems > disable the LGE Mobile USB Modem on yr computer ( me using win 7 -----> start ---> computer ---> right click / and you can find device manager )
my_zps93cd8996.jpg

my2_zps583bf7a0.jpg

8) Run as administrator KDZ_FW_UPD.exe ( file located at step no 2 )
updatekdz_zpse95a2ead.jpg

9) - Run as administrator Windows Enabler.exe ( file located at step no 2 ) . After run the app, an icon will appear on your tray, single-click on the icon util the "ON" text appears over the icon like this :-

ON_zpsda3ecbdd.jpg

10 ) Go back to KDZ, locate press on the yellow folder and locate the .kdz file that you want to flash
READY_zps7eea5f1f.jpg

11) Click on "Launch Software Update"

12 ) Please see below picture !! Very important !!!! Now standby to put yr battery back !!!!!!
When the log start to run, put the battery back on. ( thanks to RuedasLocas ) im copy from u
bettery_zpsf2586c6f.jpg

13 ) - WAIT until your phone reboots automatically and unplug the cable , ( ALL IS DONE ) please check yr firmware on yr phone ....
- Dont care about the errorlog, it's normal
If you got only bootloop after flash .kdz, just do a hard reset:
- press and hold [vol -] and [power] until you got the "android recovery figure" and wait until they reboot again.

INFO !
When you tried to update yr LG Optimus 4x HD , the error comes " Your Device Is Not Registered Yet "
That because you're using different version than the original country and you wont receive OTA update .
The only way to get it back is by using LG software or KDZ method and install yr country's firmware.

I hope this will help for those want to update firmware via KDS
And thanks to RuedasLocas because always help if we in trouble .. Thanks bro ..............

Before start flashing please do backup first ( yr photos , Videos , music on yr SD card )
For clean install wipe yr data / factory reset !!!

Last edited:

esag21

Nov 3, 2009
Did you really need to make another thread but with pics? Honestly, I think reading is enough.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

yup i think so .. because on pinned tutorial there some confusion step . If think this thread rubbish just delete it !:good:
Someone will use this thread to upgrade the firmware .. Reading + picture = :good::good::good::good:

Last edited:

Hansey

Sep 1, 2012
Hangzhou

1 ) Download these 3 apps: http://www.4shared.com/rar/Re4VCOAS/kdz- udpate.htm (the original link is deleted, re-uploaded by RuedasLocas)
To get KDZ file you can find it here : http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=15

2 ) Once downloads complete Extract the file (ex.: C:\KDZ\) and u will get folder like this :-
Untitled_zpsc3ea8d25.jpg

3) Install B2CTools LG ( B2CAppSetup.exe ) this file is located on the folder that yr extract before .
b2c_zpsd19ae0ce.jpg

6 ) Now just hold down vol - key ( hold hold hold dont release !!!! ) and plug the USB cable until you get screen like this :-
upgrade_zps0f5b8db3.jpg

7 ) Wait for while due to yr computer will install some driver . Once the install is complete find "Device Manager" > Modems > disable the LGE Mobile USB Modem on yr computer ( me using win 7 -----> start ---> computer ---> right click / and you can find device manager )
my_zps93cd8996.jpg

my2_zps583bf7a0.jpg

9) - Run as administrator Windows Enabler.exe ( file located at step no 2 ) . After run the app, an icon will appear on your tray, single-click on the icon util the "ON" text appears over the icon like this :-

ON_zpsda3ecbdd.jpg

10 ) Go back to KDZ, locate press on the yellow folder and locate the .kdz file that you want to flash
READY_zps7eea5f1f.jpg

12 ) Please see below picture !! Very important !!!! Now standby to put yr battery back !!!!!!
When the log start to run, put the battery back on. ( thanks to RuedasLocas ) im copy from u
bettery_zpsf2586c6f.jpg

13 ) - WAIT until your phone reboots automatically and unplug the cable , ( ALL IS DONE ) please check yr firmware on yr phone ....
- press and hold [vol -] and [power] until you got the "android recovery figure" and wait until they reboot again.

INFO !
When you tried to update yr LG Optimus 4x HD , the error comes " Your Device Is Not Registered Yet "
That because you're using different version than the original country and you wont receive OTA update .
The only way to get it back is by using LG software or KDZ method and install yr country's firmware.

And thanks to RuedasLocas because always help if we in trouble .. Thanks bro ..............

Before start flashing please do backup first ( yr photos , Videos , music on yr SD card )

Thanks ,I think If this or any other articles have helped you in any way, please tell one (or many) people about us. It's good job

:thumbup: Thanks

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium

23anand23

Feb 25, 2012
Mumbai
Thank u sooo muchh! :D

All tht i needed..step by step :) :) :) thnks a lot. now seems easier

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

one doubt...In type> does 3GQCT matters? if so..then what do i select for Indian GSM/3G sim?

esag21

Nov 3, 2009
All tht i needed..step by step :) :) :) thnks a lot. now seems easier

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

one doubt...In type> does 3GQCT matters? if so..then what do i select for Indian GSM/3G sim?

ur welcome .. enjoy with new firmware .....:highfive: just follow the instruction then everything is done smoothly ...

Last edited:

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
Did you really need to make another thread but with pics? Honestly, I think reading is enough.

Even with pictures will appear someone with some problem...

Normal, even cause there are other settings available and required to specific kind of flashes.

The work is very good specially the intention.

Thanks @esag21 :good:

elfen.lied

Dec 28, 2012
I updated my firmware , just by downloading the update software and following the instructions on the screen. Didn't disable modem and didn't remove battery. As far as I can see everything works fine. Battery is a bit crazy sometimes. One night I left it 100% before I went to sleep and found it at 100% in the morning and the other night I lost around 4% which is still ok.

I do get tiny lags in some games sometimes, not sure if I'm imagining it or not, but it didn't happen before, now I'm not sure if it's bcs I didn't remove the battery or disabled modem as you described.

Also is it possible for me to reflash from v10h to v10h but now disabling modem and removing battery?

reas0n

Dec 23, 2010
Google Pixel 6
I updated my firmware , just by downloading the update software and following the instructions on the screen. Didn't disable modem and didn't remove battery. As far as I can see everything works fine. Battery is a bit crazy sometimes. One night I left it 100% before I went to sleep and found it at 100% in the morning and the other night I lost around 4% which is still ok.

I do get tiny lags in some games sometimes, not sure if I'm imagining it or not, but it didn't happen before, now I'm not sure if it's bcs I didn't remove the battery or disabled modem as you described.

Also is it possible for me to reflash from v10h to v10h but now disabling modem and removing battery?

Elfen Lied, ftw! :cool:

and yeah, You can do it

Last edited:

elfen.lied

Dec 28, 2012
Elfen Lied, ftw!

and yeah, You can do it

and will I get anything by doing that. Since I don't seem to be having any issues right now as far as I understand android ;)
Also why go through all that procedure of removing the battery and disabling the modem when the simple version plug and follow instructions works as well? At least it did for me.

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
Some program behavior depends on your own computer setting, programs and drivers. Don't mean that the tutorial is wrong cause it's not. Your all welcome to post helpful hints but please, don't flood with minor issues. Thanks :)

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

elfen.lied

Dec 28, 2012
Some program behavior depends on your own computer setting, programs and drivers. Don't mean that the tutorial is wrong cause it's not. Your all welcome to post helpful hints but please, don't flood with minor issues. Thanks :)

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Well in order to be helpful here's what I did:

1. Installed LGMobile Support Tool (I'm sure you can google it ;))
2. Run the program and click on Install USB Driver.
3. After the driver finished downloading and installing, close the LGMobile Support Tool and plug in your phone via USB cable.
4. Now run LGMobile Support Tool again and it will start checking your device. At this time I also changed my Country by going to Options & Help ----> Country and Language.
5. After that I clicked on START UPDATING and followed the instructions.

I'd describe instructions in detail, but since my phone is already updated, the START UPDATING button is greyed out.

After the process has finished phone reboots into a new firmware which you can confirm in settings and the Tool itself confirms it.

Hope this helps!

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
Well in order to be helpful here's what I did:

1. Installed LGMobile Support Tool (I'm sure you can google it ;))
2. Run the program and click on Install USB Driver.
3. After the driver finished downloading and installing, close the LGMobile Support Tool and plug in your phone via USB cable.
4. Now run LGMobile Support Tool again and it will start checking your device. At this time I also changed my Country by going to Options & Help ----> Country and Language.
5. After that I clicked on START UPDATING and followed the instructions.

I'd describe instructions in detail, but since my phone is already updated, the START UPDATING button is greyed out.

After the process has finished phone reboots into a new firmware which you can confirm in settings and the Tool itself confirms it.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your help but, in order to avoid another messed thread like all the others, lets get stick to the topic please.
"Update firmware through flashing the kdz files"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Untitled_zpsc3ea8d25.jpg

b2c_zpsd19ae0ce.jpg

upgrade_zps0f5b8db3.jpg

my_zps93cd8996.jpg

my2_zps583bf7a0.jpg

ON_zpsda3ecbdd.jpg

READY_zps7eea5f1f.jpg

bettery_zpsf2586c6f.jpg

INFO !

Untitled_zpsc3ea8d25.jpg

b2c_zpsd19ae0ce.jpg

upgrade_zps0f5b8db3.jpg

my_zps93cd8996.jpg

my2_zps583bf7a0.jpg

ON_zpsda3ecbdd.jpg

READY_zps7eea5f1f.jpg

bettery_zpsf2586c6f.jpg

INFO !

Thanks ,I think If this or any other articles have helped you in any way, please tell one (or many) people about us. It's good job

:thumbup: Thanks

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium

yup i think so .. because on pinned tutorial there some confusion step . If think this thread rubbish just delete it !:good:
    Someone will use this thread to upgrade the firmware .. Reading + picture = :good::good::good::good: