CyanogenMod 10.2.1.x - GT-I9195 - Stable/Nightlies - Bug Reports & Discussion

Search This thread

Whosat

May 9, 2013
logo-cid.png

*UPDATE: Both the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE and international 3G variants now have official STABLE releases on CM10.2.1.x! Get them at http://get.cm/?device=serranoltexx and http://get.cm/?device=serrano3gxx respectively.

This thread is to discuss any issues you may have or bug reports to raise regarding the CM10.2.1 nightlies AND stable versions for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE variant (GT-I9195) only.

Opened this thread so that newbies can also post their issues here, as well as to keep the release thread clean for development-related discussions only.

** DO NOT USE THE JIRA BUG TRACKER TO REPORT BUGS FOR NIGHTLIES!

Nightlies changelog

-------

Links
Release thread / Development discussion | CyanogenMod 10.2

How to install CM10.2

1. Root and install using ONLY CWM recovery (available here: [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195))
  2. Copy all the files you downloaded for CM10.2 (From http://get.cm/?device=serranoltexx) into your SD card along with the Google Applications (Optional, recommended - get the latest one for CM10.2.x)
  3. Boot into CWM (Vol Up + Home just as the phone is booting up, navigate using Vol btns, HOME to select, POWER to back)
  4. Make a backup of your NANDroid (Optional - Do this if you wish to return to your previous ROM)
  5. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and press Yes
  6. Select wipe cache partition" and press Yes
  7. Flash cm-10.2-2013xxxx-XXX-serranoltexx.zip file FIRST (or RC or stable)
  8. Then flash gapps (Optional, recommended)

Notes
  • When upgrading between CM versions, you still need to flash the gapps module after upgrading as /system is wiped.
  • Notes about updating to latest stock FW before flashing custom ROMs
  • Screenshot is Vol-Down + Home in CM
  • The ROM comes with a Superuser app. You don't need to install another one.
  • When installing themes which appear to be improperly compiled, apply the default system theme and reboot and try again.
  • CM doesn't come with a IR Remote app.

-------------------------

It would help greatly to be detailed in your bug reports and to provide logs (in [code][/code] blocks), in an organised manner.

LIST OF ISSUES

Unverified
  • Camera doesn't work / HDR crashes camera [1] [2] [3]
  • Screen Mirroring not fully working [1]
  • Unable to turn volume down in call [1] [2]
  • Charger: screen does not turn off when power button short-pressed [1]

Verified & Reproduced / Work-in-Progress
  • -

Fixed / In coming build

User-fixable
  • none yet

Unable to reproduce / Unique to certain users / Unable to fix / Kernel issue
  • Missing 4.3 feature: "App Ops" [1] - CM merged it with Privacy Guard

FEATURE REQUESTS

Requests
  • Display Calibration
  • Button Lights Notification (BLN) kernel support
  • USB-OTG, MHL kernel support [1]

Accepted (being/will be worked on in the future)

Rejected

----
Last updated: 31 Oct 2013, 1821hrs (+8GMT)

Last edited:

leripe

Mar 18, 2012
4.3 should have this new feature called app ops? Can't find it in the settings. Also reporting that both back amd front camera work, but theres some issue with the hdr option. Enabling hdr caused camera to not connect, worked after reboot.

labbe-

Jun 4, 2012
Turku
4.3 should have this new feature called app ops? Can't find it in the settings. Also reporting that both back amd front camera work, but theres some issue with the hdr option. Enabling hdr caused camera to not connect, worked after reboot.

app ops: settings -> security -> privacy guard

same location it was in cm 10.1 :p

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

leripe

Mar 18, 2012
Last edited:

labbe-

Jun 4, 2012
Turku
Reactions: leripe

iKlutz

Feb 9, 2013
London
OnePlus 7T Pro
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Hi. I think cm10.2 should have the display settings from cm10.1.3 such as screen temperature and mode etc that 2 really nice. And please add a hot - plugging feature to the kernel, saves loads of battery!

Nimdastas

Sep 12, 2012
Hi. I think cm10.2 should have the display settings from cm10.1.3 such as screen temperature and mode etc that 2 really nice. And please add a hot - plugging feature to the kernel, saves loads of battery!

Hi,

yeah i agree, the only thing missing for me is the screen calibration feature! would be awesome if you could include that arco!

Thanks

// just an addition. i am half way through the day and i had to observe some massive battery drain issues. usually by this time i would have 75% battery left, but since cm10.2 its already down to 52%. better battery stats doesnt give me much, seems like the rom is just.. consuming a lot more energy.
i'll monitor the stats further but i wanted to ask, does anybody else face this problem?

Last edited:

ZM3U5

Apr 5, 2013
Munich
Hi,

yeah i agree, the only thing missing for me is the screen calibration feature! would be awesome if you could include that arco!

Thanks

// just an addition. i am half way through the day and i had to observe some massive battery drain issues. usually by this time i would have 75% battery left, but since cm10.2 its already down to 52%. better battery stats doesnt give me much, seems like the rom is just.. consuming a lot more energy.
i'll monitor the stats further but i wanted to ask, does anybody else face this problem?

No battery drain and no other problems with cm10.2 :)
The IR also works very well.

So far, so good..

Well done Sir Arco!! THX :D

leripe

Mar 18, 2012
Reporting that FM radio also works with Spirit FM
Headphones must be plugged in as it functions as an antenna.

Settings in Spirit FM:

BAND - World 200khz (This might not be the same for you)

AUDIO - METHOD MODE (DigitalXL/ONE/S)

UI - RDS: (ON)

AF - AF MODE: RDS+Region

DEBUG - FM CHIP: (QC V4L HTC) & Motorola FW Load: (HCI)

The rest is default.

jemeljsh

Jul 20, 2012
Riga
Not sure whether it's supposed to be so but tiles/toggles in notification drawer are not perfectly aligned as it used be in CM 10.1.X, so if you decide to have 6 toggles/tiles you end up seeing 5 full toggles/tiles and one half of the sixth one :D

Attached please find examples of 6 and 5 toggles - in both situation it does not look good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-08-18-49-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-08-18-49-06.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 348
  • Screenshot_2013-10-08-18-50-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-08-18-50-08.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 322
  • Screenshot_2013-10-08-18-57-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-08-18-57-44.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 1,241
Last edited:

leripe

Mar 18, 2012
Not sure whether it's supposed to be so but tiles/toggles in notification drawer are not perfectly aligned as it used be in CM 10.1.X, so if you decide to have 6 toggles/tiles you end up seeing 5 full toggles/tiles and one half of the sixth one :D

Attached please find examples of 6 and 5 toggles - in both situation it does not look good.

I find this very annoying too, but I think it's a general cm10.2 "problem". I would want it to scale up or down to fit either 5 or 6 toggles, not 5.5.

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010

I think you're supposed to swype on it, like you do on Samsung stock rom.

Reactions: geniusboy93

Nimdastas

Sep 12, 2012
Hi,
Concerning battery drain, a reboot and optimizing the apps seems to have fixed the problem!
Back to awesome battery life :)

Just the screen calibration missing now.

Thanks

leripe

Mar 18, 2012
I think you're supposed to swype on it, like you do on Samsung stock rom.

Yes of course but in cm10.1 with the older icons they align perfectly as 6 toggles showing fully, but in cm10.2 with the new icons they don't align right, as shown in the screenshots.

With older icons:
screenshot_2012-09-26-21-49-10.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jemeljsh

shayne77

Mar 31, 2011
Gold Coast
ASUS ZenFone 8
- So if you set it to 5, you see 5...
- Set it to 6+, it shows 5.5 which also indicates to the user that they can swype to find more toggles?
- If you set it to 6+ and it only showed 5, you wouldn't know you could swype to find the extra toggles so therefore, the user may think that it just doesn't work.
- Scaling would look horrible imo, imagine if you had 10? all scaled to fit across the screen?

I think it's fine the way it is?

jemeljsh

Jul 20, 2012
Riga
- So if you set it to 5, you see 5...

Wrong. You see 5 and an empty space for the 0,5 toggle which is not there (see print screen), since you have chosen to have 5 toggles. Your arguments do not hold ground since the user knows how many toggles he/she has enabled and leaving half toggle at the end of 5 toggles just looks incomplete no matter what follows :).

Lets say that if someone with your reasoning would apply this same toggle layout to how photo gallery layout looks, it would mean that when viewing a picture in full screen we would see one full picture and half of the next picture :laugh:.

attachment.php

The point I am making is that notification toggles should have option to have certain amount of toggles whose layout is perfect with no stretching, no half-ass toggles and so on. I don't need 10 toggles to be squeezed into one line, I am fine with 5, but please let it be aligned :fingers-crossed:.

Last edited:

xuleca

Sep 18, 2012
Aveiro
Error on change user info.
When I try to change and click on picture to change, it open and close.

shayne77

Mar 31, 2011
Gold Coast
ASUS ZenFone 8
Wrong. You see 5 and an empty space for the 0,5 toggle which is not there (see print screen), since you have chosen to have 5 toggles. Your arguments do not hold ground since the user knows how many toggles he/she has enabled and leaving half toggle at the end of 5 toggles just looks incomplete no matter what follows :).

Lets say that if someone with your reasoning would apply this same toggle layout to how photo gallery layout looks, it would mean that when viewing a picture in full screen we would see one full picture and half of the next picture :laugh:.

attachment.php

The point I am making is that notification toggles should have option to have certain amount of toggles whose layout is perfect with no stretching, no half-ass toggles and so on. I don't need 10 toggles to be squeezed into one line, I am fine with 5, but please let it be aligned :fingers-crossed:.

So you removed some tiles for your screenshots? By default, I get the attached standard tile layout.
Fair enough though.... Hope they sort it out for you...
I like it left aligned as it shows there is more toggles to the right. Whether 5, 5.5 or 6, you still have to swype to get to the 6th+ tile.
Anyway, good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381309056816.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381309056816.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 199

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Short list from the top of my head:

BLN
    Fixed emergency calling
    Some camera fixes
    Some kernel updates

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
    logo-cid.png

*UPDATE: Both the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE and international 3G variants now have official STABLE releases on CM10.2.1.x! Get them at http://get.cm/?device=serranoltexx and http://get.cm/?device=serrano3gxx respectively.

This thread is to discuss any issues you may have or bug reports to raise regarding the CM10.2.1 nightlies AND stable versions for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE variant (GT-I9195) only.

Opened this thread so that newbies can also post their issues here, as well as to keep the release thread clean for development-related discussions only.

** DO NOT USE THE JIRA BUG TRACKER TO REPORT BUGS FOR NIGHTLIES!

Nightlies changelog

-------

Links
    Release thread / Development discussion | CyanogenMod 10.2

How to install CM10.2

1. Root and install using ONLY CWM recovery (available here: [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195))
    2. Copy all the files you downloaded for CM10.2 (From http://get.cm/?device=serranoltexx) into your SD card along with the Google Applications (Optional, recommended - get the latest one for CM10.2.x)
    3. Boot into CWM (Vol Up + Home just as the phone is booting up, navigate using Vol btns, HOME to select, POWER to back)
    4. Make a backup of your NANDroid (Optional - Do this if you wish to return to your previous ROM)
    5. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and press Yes
    6. Select wipe cache partition" and press Yes
    7. Flash cm-10.2-2013xxxx-XXX-serranoltexx.zip file FIRST (or RC or stable)
    8. Then flash gapps (Optional, recommended)

Notes
    • When upgrading between CM versions, you still need to flash the gapps module after upgrading as /system is wiped.
    • Notes about updating to latest stock FW before flashing custom ROMs
    • Screenshot is Vol-Down + Home in CM
    • The ROM comes with a Superuser app. You don't need to install another one.
    • When installing themes which appear to be improperly compiled, apply the default system theme and reboot and try again.
    • CM doesn't come with a IR Remote app.

It would help greatly to be detailed in your bug reports and to provide logs (in [code][/code] blocks), in an organised manner.

LIST OF ISSUES

Unverified
    • Camera doesn't work / HDR crashes camera [1] [2] [3]
    • Screen Mirroring not fully working [1]
    • Unable to turn volume down in call [1] [2]
    • Charger: screen does not turn off when power button short-pressed [1]

Verified & Reproduced / Work-in-Progress
    • -

Fixed / In coming build

User-fixable
    • none yet

Unable to reproduce / Unique to certain users / Unable to fix / Kernel issue
    • Missing 4.3 feature: "App Ops" [1] - CM merged it with Privacy Guard

FEATURE REQUESTS

Requests
    • Display Calibration
    • Button Lights Notification (BLN) kernel support
    • USB-OTG, MHL kernel support [1]

Accepted (being/will be worked on in the future)

Rejected

----
    Last updated: 31 Oct 2013, 1821hrs (+8GMT)
    @everyone that has tried 10.2 nightlies...in your user opinion , which 10.2 nightly do you consider as more stable and bug free?

cm-10.2-20131022-NIGHTLY-serranoltexx, but on the other hand none of them is that stable and bug free so I just use the latest.
    New Nightly for Cyanogenmod 10.2 ist up :good:
    the default cm-kernel will not be replaced by my kernel in the cm-rom. you have to flash it every time you flash new rom(version).