(Q) EXT4/.SIN File extract/read/write

Search This thread

MARKOZD15

Dec 19, 2013
Zadar
Hello!

Is there any tool for windows 7 to extract, read, write EXT4 or .SIN files? Tried ext2extract tool but it can only extract, I need something that can read/write, anyway to do it? Or should I install linux for that?

Thanks

Last edited:

MARKOZD15

Dec 19, 2013
Zadar
You can dump the system.sin (and other .sin files) to .ext4 using flashtool
Then you can use ext2explorer to read and extract individual files.

If you want to write a .sin....that going to be difficult. Unless you have signatures from Sony you wont be able to do it.

Hmm.. I need something to write EXT4, it's easy to extract it, how can I repack EXT4?

Yeah, i know that :(

gauravbhakuni90

Mar 21, 2014
New Delhi
No, this is what you need
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2307311

FTF's cannot be pre rooted or have anything added to them, unless you work for Sony and have their security keys
you need a pre rooted .zip file

Hi, I know that it is 3-year-old post but want to ask. So I've already unpacked ftf file and extracted system.sin file to .ext4. My question is I wanted to remove all that bloatware software I don't need or use so can I remove files directly from ext4 or first extract ext4 files repack it to .ext4 and then it to .sin . I know it's wishful thinking but wanted to know is this possible.

HURONN

Dec 9, 2020
hi
can i add an old feature to the .ftf file?
with the flash tool last version i can't dumb the system.sin?
what the version flash tool compatible withe xz2 compact?
thanks in adevance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can dump the system.sin (and other .sin files) to .ext4 using flashtool
    Then you can use ext2explorer to read and extract individual files.

If you want to write a .sin....that going to be difficult. Unless you have signatures from Sony you wont be able to do it.

FTF's cannot be pre rooted or have anything added to them, unless you work for Sony and have their security keys

Hi, I know that it is 3-year-old post but want to ask. So I've already unpacked ftf file and extracted system.sin file to .ext4. My question is I wanted to remove all that bloatware software I don't need or use so can I remove files directly from ext4 or first extract ext4 files repack it to .ext4 and then it to .sin . I know it's wishful thinking but wanted to know is this possible.
    What is it you want to do? If I knew what your goal was I could suggest something

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    What is it you want to do? If I knew what your goal was I could suggest something

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm trying to make prerooted FTF with preinstalled dual recovery, is that possible?