Problem with bloatware after installing ROM from different country

Search This thread

kmatisic

Nov 14, 2009
Zagreb
Hi!

Yesterday I tried on my G3 855 to install various firmwares from different regions in Europe.
Tried Italian 10G, Europe Open 10E, German 10A, French 10A.

some of them I installed via TOT file and some via KDZ. Similar and simple way both of them. Every of them had some bloatware.

PROBLEM!
Every of that different firmwares worked OK but what happened...when installed UK rom i got BLOATWARE from ORANGE telecom.
After that I erased that one and installed another EU rom and I got TELENOR bloatware.
After that i installed new ITALIAN 10G rom and I got VODAFONE + bloatware from every rom that was before on my LG....
Before new rom I always fully erased memory.

What the hell?
After first initialisation of every ROM my LG automatically downloads all the bloatware from the past roms. So now i am having Vodafone, Orange, Telenore end etc. bloatware that I cannot remove.

Also after rom reinstalling after first initialisation again bloatware is automatically installed.
HELP!

Thank you

Last edited:

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
Hi!

Yesterday I tried on my G3 855 to install various firmwares from different regions in Europe.

some of them I installed via TOT file and some via KDZ. Similar and simple way both of them. Every of them had some bloatware.

PROBLEM!
Every of that different firmwares worked OK but what happened...when installed UK rom i got BLOATWARE from ORANGE telecom.
After that I erased that one and installed another EU rom and I got TELENOR bloatware.
After that i installed new ITALIAN 10G rom and I got VODAFONE + bloatware from every rom that was before on my LG....

What the hell?
After first initialisation of every ROM my LG automatically downloads all the bloatware from the past roms. So now i am having Vodafone, Orange, Telenore end etc. bloatware that I cannot remove.

Also after rom reinstalling after first initialisation again bloatware is automatically installed.
HELP!

Thank you
Ahh this issue! It happend to me with any KDZ. If i flashed without the sim in, as soon as i insert it and reboot BOOM 40 apps start installing, wallpaper changes etc The eaisest fix is to flash the Sphinx ROM. It seems to somehow debloat and un brand our device even after a kdz flash. Even if i flash the three uk kdz, my g3 remains unbranded.

Reactions: kmatisic

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
@kmatisic

root then Look in the /data/.OP folder for a carrier folder and delete it then the bloatware will be no more.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: kmatisic

kmatisic

Nov 14, 2009
Zagreb
I installed SPHINX and with this rom no bloatware. good.
After that i reinstalled stock rom. I thought that all the bloatware will not come back.

But...after initializing, 102 application automatically started to download. More that 100 bloatware apps!!! Again...

From where they are downloaded? Like LG is looking my IMEI number and says OK for this IMEI lets start to download 100+ useless apps.

So it looks that I am stuck with bloatware if wanted to use stock rom. I tried erasing via root but again they are back with any kind of rom update or etc.

I really do not understand anymore.

thx

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
I installed SPHINX and with this rom no bloatware. good.
After that i reinstalled stock rom. I thought that all the bloatware will not come back.

But...after initializing, 102 application automatically started to download. More that 100 bloatware apps!!! Again...

From where they are downloaded? Like LG is looking my IMEI number and says OK for this IMEI lets start to download 100+ useless apps.

So it looks that I am stuck with bloatware if wanted to use stock rom. I tried erasing via root but again they are back with any kind of rom update or etc.

I really do not understand anymore.

thx

Just delete the carrier folder under /data/.OP

Joao Oliveira

Oct 30, 2006
Do I need to delete this folder after all the bloatware is installed and then to maybe reinstall rom again or?

Thx very much

Do not delete the entire .OP folder. There's LG stuff in there that needed to be installed. Just look inside the folder for the folder containing all the bloatware and delete that one alone. It's easy to spot has all the bloatware apk files inside ;) Normaly the name resembles to carrier names.

Then do a factory resert and all bloatware will be gone (you can re-install firmware just in case )

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
Do not delete the entire .OP folder. There's LG stuff in there that needed to be installed. Just look inside the folder for the folder containing all the bloatware and delete that one alone. It's easy to spot has all the bloatware apk files inside ;) Normaly the name resembles to carrier names.

Then do a factory resert and all bloatware will be gone (you can re-install firmware just in case )

I made that mistake once by deleting the entire folder... never again.

kmatisic

Nov 14, 2009
Zagreb

Thank you.

But. Ok i am rooted. I am having root explorer. I found data in root...but where is .op folder? I cannot find it

Thx

uniqvoid

Jul 22, 2014
Use nobloat free, easy and simple and you can even backup stuff before you delete.

Sent from my GT-19505

kmatisic

Nov 14, 2009
Zagreb
Thank you all! :good:

Interesting what happened in last 2 hours:

- i installed again sphinX and I was bloatware free
- after that i reinstalled stock 855 10a rom and after initialization bloatware was again here (100+ apps from Vodafone, Orange, Telenor...)
- then back to sphinX. Tried your way to find this .OP folder but no luck. Maybe ther is no .OP folder in SphinX?

- then again reinstalled to try Italian 10g rom and no bloatware download after first startup? Still now after 15 minutes bloatware is not reinstalling by itself.

I do not understand, but now - in this moment no bloatware on Italian 10g (HUTCHISON) rom for me.
Strange but I will not complain :)

UPDATE:
Installed desired apps and changed setting as I desire on this 10G rom. I have zero bloatware apps.
Didnt root still.

Last edited:

sajjadkamal001

May 9, 2015
No Network

Hi!

PROBLEM!

What the hell?

HELP!

Thank you

same bloatwares problem here but also no network.......help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

PROBLEM!

What the hell?

HELP!

Thank you
    Ahh this issue! It happend to me with any KDZ. If i flashed without the sim in, as soon as i insert it and reboot BOOM 40 apps start installing, wallpaper changes etc The eaisest fix is to flash the Sphinx ROM. It seems to somehow debloat and un brand our device even after a kdz flash. Even if i flash the three uk kdz, my g3 remains unbranded.
    @kmatisic

root then Look in the /data/.OP folder for a carrier folder and delete it then the bloatware will be no more.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app