[Q] Please help me, I was a dumbA**

Search This thread

jcmaddox1

Aug 23, 2011
Lexington
So, I've bricked my ATT G2, It will NOT go into anything but fastboot mode, and it will not turn off. When i attempt to turn it off it just reboots itself into fastboot. My computer will not recognize the device, either. Am I completely fu****?

joewaz

Dec 27, 2013
So, I've bricked my ATT G2, It will NOT go into anything but fastboot mode, and it will not turn off. When i attempt to turn it off it just reboots itself into fastboot. My computer will not recognize the device, either. Am I completely fu****?

If you play around holding power button and vol button eventually you will be able to turn off the phone.. Lol I kno this because ithapoened to me.. Just keep playing with it until the phone goes off.. Then be careful and get it in download mode

sottey

Apr 12, 2011
Seattle
Problem is it doesn't recognize fastboot commands.
Drivers are installed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

If the power button thing doesnt do it, and you aren't under warranty, you could pull the case and disconnect the battery.

Have you ever been able to connect with adb?

Also, maybe try different USB ports and computers.

HTH

jcmaddox1

Aug 23, 2011
Lexington
If the power button thing doesnt do it, and you aren't under warranty, you could pull the case and disconnect the battery.

Have you ever been able to connect with adb?

Also, maybe try different USB ports and computers.

HTH

Fixed - Different computer worked. For some reason my Windows machine just didn't want to see it as a fastboot device, However my old macbook came in and saved the day, now i can put it safely back on it's shelf to never be used unless i brick the phone again. Woot.

Top Liked Posts