Buying a used ATT S4, can I have ATT look up phone to make sure I can activate?

Search This thread

Raistlin1

Oct 1, 2010
I have been on Sprint for over ten years and I am used to buying used Sprint phones, all I have to do is call Sprint and give them the ESN and they tell me yes or no for activation.

I know GSM phones are different but I thought I read that a GSMs phone IMEI (spelling) can be blacklisted or blocked, is this true? If so will ATT look up the number for you to confirm it is ok?

Looks like I am moving my family plan from Sprint to ATTs 10GB family share plan, I will keep using my Nexus 5 but my wife has an S4 for Sprint so I need to buy a used S4 for ATT.

Thanks

John The Rhino

Dec 25, 2013
I have been on Sprint for over ten years and I am used to buying used Sprint phones, all I have to do is call Sprint and give them the ESN and they tell me yes or no for activation.

I know GSM phones are different but I thought I read that a GSMs phone IMEI (spelling) can be blacklisted or blocked, is this true? If so will ATT look up the number for you to confirm it is ok?

Looks like I am moving my family plan from Sprint to ATTs 10GB family share plan, I will keep using my Nexus 5 but my wife has an S4 for Sprint so I need to buy a used S4 for ATT.

Thanks

If you're buying it local, say from Craigslist or whatever, then just have the person meet you at the local At&t store & check it before you buy it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use the esn/imei checking feature on swappa.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app