[Q] T-Mobile LTE Just not working.

Search This thread

Silentwidow

Apr 24, 2013
Kannapolis
Hey guys, I am having a bit of a problem.

I had a Motorola Atrix HD, before I got the LG Optimus G(E970). I always had LTE here at work, matter of fact, most everyone else still has LTE here.

Since I got the Optimus G, I can't seem to get anything but HSPA+, on any rom/stock I have tried. I've tried a lot, and none seem to work.

I have a question. While writing this out, I thought of something. When I first got the device it was on 4.04. I don't have ATT, so I couldn't get the OTA, so I flashed a 4.1.2 stock rom through CWM. I swear I had LTE When I first used this phone, as it's pretty obvious on stock (4GLTE) next to signal.

Would me flashing that rom, instead of upgrading it via OTA, or that LGNSP program cause issues?

I also would like to point out, no matter what radio I flash, it never actually changes.

I've tried all the "tricks" to get LTE to work for T-Mobile, the service menu change, the *#*#4636#*#* menu. Nothing seems to change it.

If anyone has any insight on this, I would definitely appreciate it.

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
A lot of people have talked about having problems getting LTE to work on the T-Mobile network...have you tried hybrid modems ? The thread is somewhere around general subforums I believe...

Sent from my LG Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Silentwidow

Apr 24, 2013
Kannapolis
A lot of people have talked about having problems getting LTE to work on the T-Mobile network...have you tried hybrid modems ? The thread is somewhere around general subforums I believe...

Yea, I think that may be the problem, they don't seem to be flashing, as my baseband isn't changing at all. Is it safe to use a factory image after unlocking the bootloader?

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
I'm not 100% sure about that. I've never done that so I don't wanna tell you yes. Than you screw your phone up. I (think) you'd be safe doing so but I doubt that will change the fact of you not getting LTE...