Black screen after Xposed update

Search This thread

FatKris

Jan 29, 2013
Can anyone help me out on this black screen I'm getting now after updating Xposed to 2.6/2.6.1

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1400905038102.jpg
    1400905038102.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 403

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
Does this happen with all modules disabled? If not, find out which module is causing this and ask for help in its support thread.
EDIT: if you can't access the Xposed Installer, check the FAQ for info on how to temporarily disable all modules or the framework.

Last edited:

FatKris

Jan 29, 2013
Yeah, I disabled all of them. I also tried reinstalling the rom, it happen after I installed the 2.6 update from Xposed. I'm not really sure what else to do.

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
Just to make sure Xposed is causing this, does this still happen if your uninstall the framework?

FatKris

Jan 29, 2013
I'm not 100% sure on that but I am a little nervous about uninstalling it, the last time I did that I had to wipe my phone and it was a pain. I'm working off of a Mac so I'm limited on what I can do. I do k ow that I have not added anything since I was on Xposed 2.5

EvilDragonEX

Just to make sure Xposed is causing this, does this still happen if your uninstall the framework?

i can confirm its Xposed (v2.6.1) causing the problem as my friend using HTC One X is also having screen problem (the entire screen is fuzz) (Xposed v2.5 is working fine for him until he updated to v2.6.1)

after uninstalling the framework (not the app) the screen is working fine again

will try to take a picture of it soon

xposed v2.6.1 working fine on moto x

Sent from my Moto X Developer Edition (XT1053) using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Skrip

May 27, 2014
Hey huys having the same problem but how to uninstall framework ? my screen is black like say i can see the notification bars but the touch is not working :( is there a way uninstalling it?

EvilDragonEX

Hey huys having the same problem but how to uninstall framework ? my screen is black like say i can see the notification bars but the touch is not working :( is there a way uninstalling it?

reboot your phone... while its booting, spam press Power / Volume button when you see the splash logo, it should vibrate twice. if it doesnt vibrate twice, reboot and try again.

if your phone did vibrate twice, continue spamming until a long vibrate, it means Xposed is disabled.

if your phone vibrates when pressing the buttons, its disabling Xposed Framework.
if your phone is not vibrating, reboot and try again.

Sent from my Moto X Developer Edition (XT1053) using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rovo89

Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2012
pictures in attachment

Looks really strange. I understood that you already tested that this even happens without any modules, but not if you downgrade or uninstall the framework. Correct?

Could you please try if the "disable resources API" setting in the installer makes any difference?