Fix- Battery drain 2.3.3 - high android OS

Search This thread

xmfpdlemalnz@hotmail.com

Sep 14, 2010
Hi there

I just like to share my experience with battery drain in both JVK and JVB and give you a possible fix.

I experienced battery drain both in jvk and jvb and when you go setting - battery check, I would see high android OS - up to 60 percent which just drank the juice out of my phone.

I've decided to test all the apps, deleting one by one in order to locate which app was causing this problem and I found it to be "software update".

So here is a possible fix for you guys who are experiencing similar problem.

Go to setting - manage apps - all apps - find software update - delete data

In both JVK and JVB it solved my battery drain problem almost instanly.
I also did battery recalibration but doubt it played any part.

I hope above method will solve the battery drain problem.

P.S

does anyone know what exactly software update does?
and how to delete it completely off the phone.
I doubt I will be using OTA update or anything like that since I'm a big fan of odin.

Cheers

SpaZzzzz

Feb 19, 2011
thanks man.
i'm checking it out, i really hope this solution works!

this is my second night in a row, where im going to sleep with exactly 89 percent battery and when i got up i saw the phone is at 8 percent.

made me so pissed i wanted to go back to my sony-erricsson from 2005

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
...fix...
P.S

I doubt I will be using OTA update or anything like that since I'm a big fan of odin.

Cheers

Hmm, this "fix" was kinda known a long time ago? (you can see it even in the thread called something with Android OS and few more) http://goo.gl/Hpc5a . And I think its the OTA update which does nothing currently. Hmm, am confused about your question. You ask what it does then you say you wont need it anyway :) .

And for example freeze it with titanium backup? Now when click the option it does nothing :) (no fc and phone works normally)

Last edited:

xmfpdlemalnz@hotmail.com

Sep 14, 2010
Hmm, this "fix" was kinda known a long time ago? (you can see it even in the thread called something with Android OS and few more) http://goo.gl/Hpc5a . And I think its the OTA update which does nothing currently. Hmm, am confused about your question. You ask what it does then you say you wont need it anyway :) .

And for example freeze it with titanium backup? Now when click the option it does nothing :) (no fc and phone works normally)

Yea just found out that this fix was known a long time ago.
Well, I hope this helps some people anyway..

anyone know how to delete this software update apk??

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
Do you read what I wrote? The same way you can freeze it, you can delete it... Best with titanium backup, should be foolproof enough. Do a backup before etc.

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
Yes, i triedd also to delete sns apk and email.. nothing.. also to delete samsung account data :-( ... i have the brightness setted on 20% !! and i lose 10% of battery every hour in standby.. i unplugged the device at 10:00 am and now i'm oat 40% ot battery.. with a really small use :-/

Ok but is your Android OS usage high? like 40-60 percent? Or something else is high?

JJustin

Dec 16, 2010
BC (Bell)
When I was on JVK, I was able to fix the android OS problem but had another one where after playing a graphically intense game, the CPU would not ramp back down when the phone went to sleep. That was draining the battery a lot for me and the only way to fix it was to reboot the phone. I'm back on 2.2.1

AdamLange

Dec 9, 2003
Warsaw
Disabling software update seems to not work for me also, im using stock Ginger (latest version - probably final) and after 1-2 days after flash Android os is taking 70% of battery :/

Looks like software update isnt the issue.

xRainbowZx

Dec 11, 2010
So you are wrong here :) . This thread is like the other ones for the ppl with high Android OS usage. 9 percent is ok.

Well if display is 61 :), how many hours on? And what else is there? More data we need.

I lost the data about it, but i have the screens about the test i made yesterday and the one i made today morning. Yesterday it was for the most time in standby with data off , and today i tried to leave it 3h in standby without touch it.
I lost 10% !! in 3h !! WITHOUT DATA! is really too much! With the 2.2.1 i used to lost 1% every 2-3 hours! o_O ! And as you can see in the first day , in the last part i tried to use it (ONLY FOR READ A MANGA , so only img on the sd and i had the brightness to 20% ) O_O !
Help me :-/

Attachments

• SC20110416-221754.jpg
    SC20110416-221754.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 899
  • SC20110417-133012.jpg
    SC20110417-133012.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,149
Last edited:

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
When I was on JVK, I was able to fix the android OS problem but had another one where after playing a graphically intense game, the CPU would not ramp back down when the phone went to sleep. That was draining the battery a lot for me and the only way to fix it was to reboot the phone. I'm back on 2.2.1

HA so I am not the only one :p this happens to me with Cordy!Phone warm etc. But reboot helps. I dont need that game :)

xRainbowZx

Dec 11, 2010
HA so I am not the only one :p this happens to me with Cordy!Phone warm etc. But reboot helps. I dont need that game :)

That's bad ! I think i'll go back on a 2.2.1 untill the samsung release the kernel source :-/
:(

I think an iphone is better , i can't have a working phone! I bought this phone because i love android!! I hate iOS but.. what the hell?!?! I have every day to stay hours & hours to search and try new roms or kernel in serching to find something with that i can use this PHONE like a PHONE ; and don't see a lag every 2seconds! The hardware of this phone is good! (really good!) But why the hell it doesn't work good? Now i finally found a rom (juwe's) that work really good ! But if i put the phone on the battery die! Also on the OFFICIAL (AN OFFICIAL? why official roms have bugs?!?!?!) i have battery drain problem!
And also the problem of the browser! It work really good on the 2.2.1 , and now on ginger it have a bug on the scroll! :-/
That's really bad! I hope samsung 'll do a great work on the sgs2 or that monster 'll not be exlpoit :(

Last edited:

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
That's bad ! I think i'll go back on a 2.2.1 untill the samsung release the kernel source :-/
:(

I think an iphone is better , i can't have a working phone! I bought this phone because i love android!! I hate iOS but.. what the hell?!?! I have every day to stay hours & hours to search and try new roms or kernel in serching to find something with that i can use this PHONE like a PHONE ; and don't see a lag every 2seconds! The hardware of this phone is good! (really good!) But why the hell it doesn't work good? Now i finally found a rom (juwe's) that work really good ! But if i put the phone on the battery die! Also on the OFFICIAL (AN OFFICIAL? why official roms have bugs?!?!?!) i have battery drain problem!
And also the problem of the browser! It work really good on the 2.2.1 , and now on ginger it have a bug on the scroll! :-/
That's really bad! I hope samsung 'll do a great work on the sgs2 or that monster 'll not be exlpoit :(

Aaa you wrote too much and now am watching something in TV. BUT the problem ISNT in samsung but the app ... All games work one makes trouble. And you all assume its the roms fault?...

Grrr. That rom has like 2 bugs and 1 of them is fixed. Second one forgot...

xRainbowZx

Dec 11, 2010
Aaa you wrote too much and now am watching something in TV. BUT the problem ISNT in samsung but the app ... All games work one makes trouble. And you all assume its the roms fault?...

Grrr. That rom has like 2 bugs and 1 of them is fixed. Second one forgot...

What is the fixed bug? I have the battery drain bug and the browser bug? And no one of them are fixed :-|

_-mike-_

Nov 11, 2010
The bugfix worked in my case!

I charged my phone to 100% in the forenoon (~11:00am) and I only had 21% left at 7:20 pm.

Now it's 11:30 pm and I still have 20% after I removed the data of the OTA-Update app.

nice regards
aelo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there

I just like to share my experience with battery drain in both JVK and JVB and give you a possible fix.

I experienced battery drain both in jvk and jvb and when you go setting - battery check, I would see high android OS - up to 60 percent which just drank the juice out of my phone.

I've decided to test all the apps, deleting one by one in order to locate which app was causing this problem and I found it to be "software update".

So here is a possible fix for you guys who are experiencing similar problem.

Go to setting - manage apps - all apps - find software update - delete data

In both JVK and JVB it solved my battery drain problem almost instanly.
    I also did battery recalibration but doubt it played any part.

I hope above method will solve the battery drain problem.

P.S

Cheers
    The fix has been working on JVK and JVB ROMs, check other threads about this issue. You can delete the data of the Software Update application, but it will be regenerated after a reboot. If you want to get rid of this, just root the phone and delete the following APKs

syncmldm.apk
    syncmlds.apk
    wssyncmlnps.apk

Just look at this: After 17 hours with light usage, still 68% battery.

sc20110420110308.png
    Hey Angel, I posted a thread about this fix, can I quote you? So that credits will go to you. I think they need to know also your above post. :)

Sure, go ahead.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
    How to reduce the usage of display,cuz mine reach 72% on XXJVK.The rest got minimum usage.

Set brightness level to minimum and/or flash a custom rom that tweaks the brightness to go even lower. Its still going to be the highest thing you see in usage, it takes a lot of juice to power this beautiful screen.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
    Like I said Android OS is not triggered only by software update, actually there is NO supporting evidence that it is the main culprit! A lot of things can trigger Android OS to gobble up battery...

If you want a simple fix and want to know more, read this.