[APP][UPDATE 1.2] Moto Tethering USB ★ root

Search This thread

elaware

May 22, 2011
www.elaware.it
**PAY ATTENTION**
This App works _ONLY_ on Motorola Phones with "Motorola Phone Portal" USB support!!

**REQUIRES ROOT**

** [15/July/2011] Version 1.2 should solve some root related problems **

**THIS APP IS TOTALLY FREE - NO EXTRA HIDDEN COST!**

** Moto Tethering USB uses exactly the same data plan that is used for the on-phone Internet access like in the built-in browser or e-mail app or youtube application. No additional tethering fees.

Moto Tethering USB allows your computer to go online through the Motorola Android phone's Internet connection.
It supports USB Tether and it needs root.

It's a real tethering not a simply MODEM Tethering, you should NOT pay extra cost to your Carrier!

Moto Tethering USB uses "Motorola Phone Portal" USB connection to establish a link between your computer and your Motorola Android phone.
Simply Select "Motorola Phone Portal" from USB OPTIONS after you've connected your Motorola phone to pc and then you can start sharing your Mobile Connection using Moto Tethering USB!
After starting Tethering Service it will provide you an info box with settings about pc's network connection, you've to configure these on your PC to enable the sharing!
(The settings should not change every time so you've to set them ONLY one time!)

https://market.android.com/details?id=it.elaware.mototetheringusb

For any further question feel free to contact us by mail or comment this thread.

chart

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 495
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:

ServError

May 29, 2007
Very nice app, very useful for those uncomfortable with changing their entitlement checks or other edits to enable normal tethering.

albez01

Dec 29, 2007
"No Root Access"

Hi,
On my milestone (CM 7.1.0), launching the app give me a message box "No Root Access". Please note that I've installed superuser.apk but no message appears to ask me to include this one in the allowed apps.
any ideas?
Thxs!

elaware

May 22, 2011
www.elaware.it
Hi,
On my milestone (CM 7.1.0), launching the app give me a message box "No Root Access". Please note that I've installed superuser.apk but no message appears to ask me to include this one in the allowed apps.
any ideas?
Thxs!

Hi, this is very strange, have you tried other apps with root access? (like Titanium Backup?)

Which version of SuperUser are you using?

Thanks for replying,

elaware

May 22, 2011
www.elaware.it

Sorry,

I can't know all the devices where they've inserted Motorola Phone Portal, from our app's usage stats we can show you the devices that actually are using Moto Tethering USB:

it.elaware.mototetheringusb
1 Motorola Droid X 13,4%
2 Motorola Droid 9,1%
3 Motorola Defy 8,0%
4 Motorola Atrix 5,2%
5 Motorola Droid II 4,5%
6 Motorola Spice 4,4%
7 cdma_ciena 4,3%
8 Motorola Droid II 3,4%
9 umts_basil 3,0%
10 Motorola Devour 3,0%

See you,

Gusar321

May 5, 2011
Hi,
any ideas?
Thxs!
Hi, this is very strange, have you tried other apps with root access? (like Titanium Backup?)

Which version of SuperUser are you using?
Same thing on my Defy which runs CyanogenMod 7, "No Root Access". Seems it's a Cyanogen thing. Other apps requiring root work ok, the superuser popup appears, I confirm, and the app works. Superuser app version is 2.3.6.3

is there any way to share pc internet to the phone through usb cable?
The process is similar to the one Moto Tethering USB uses,
I will try to develop this feature for the next releases,
Reverse-tether on Android? That would be awesome!

A question though... does this thing work in Linux? Or is it Windows only?

elaware

May 22, 2011
www.elaware.it
Same thing on my Defy which runs CyanogenMod 7, "No Root Access". Seems it's a Cyanogen thing. Other apps requiring root work ok, the superuser popup appears, I confirm, and the app works. Superuser app version is 2.3.6.3

Reverse-tether on Android? That would be awesome!

A question though... does this thing work in Linux? Or is it Windows only?

We will release an update to solve root related problems, for reverse tethering you have to wait a bit,

Moto Tethering USB should work on Linux too.. :)

see you,

elaware

May 22, 2011
www.elaware.it
** Version 1.2 should solve some root related problems **

Just published on Market, hope who had root related problems can give us feedback on this version,

Root management has been rewritten,

please let us know,

thanks,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **PAY ATTENTION**
    This App works _ONLY_ on Motorola Phones with "Motorola Phone Portal" USB support!!

**REQUIRES ROOT**

** [15/July/2011] Version 1.2 should solve some root related problems **

**THIS APP IS TOTALLY FREE - NO EXTRA HIDDEN COST!**

** Moto Tethering USB uses exactly the same data plan that is used for the on-phone Internet access like in the built-in browser or e-mail app or youtube application. No additional tethering fees.

Moto Tethering USB allows your computer to go online through the Motorola Android phone's Internet connection.
    It supports USB Tether and it needs root.

It's a real tethering not a simply MODEM Tethering, you should NOT pay extra cost to your Carrier!

Moto Tethering USB uses "Motorola Phone Portal" USB connection to establish a link between your computer and your Motorola Android phone.
    Simply Select "Motorola Phone Portal" from USB OPTIONS after you've connected your Motorola phone to pc and then you can start sharing your Mobile Connection using Moto Tethering USB!
    After starting Tethering Service it will provide you an info box with settings about pc's network connection, you've to configure these on your PC to enable the sharing!
    (The settings should not change every time so you've to set them ONLY one time!)

https://market.android.com/details?id=it.elaware.mototetheringusb

For any further question feel free to contact us by mail or comment this thread.

chart