[Q] To anyone with Bluetooth headphones

Search This thread

omar302

Feb 15, 2006
Doha
HTC 10
OnePlus 7 Pro
Does the quality of connection change after having a phone call through Bluetooth?

I have a plantronics M100 and if I connect it, the connection repeatidly breaks until I make a phone call, afterwards connection becomes excellent.

nailerr

Jul 1, 2010
trati.net
Does the quality of connection change after having a phone call through Bluetooth?

I have a plantronics M100 and if I connect it, the connection repeatidly breaks until I make a phone call, afterwards connection becomes excellent.

That actually sounds unusual. Do you mean music sounds broken until a call is made? Because stereo audio and in call are two different Bluetooth profiles, and bluetooth is an evil tech so that may be related.

nailerr

Jul 1, 2010
trati.net
Then I perhaps do not understand, it should only establish the connection for an audio stream. Although, the icon should remain that lets you know there is still an active device.

pestelence

Sep 1, 2011
exactly same

hi im using the one x with plantronics back beat hheadphones and i have exact problem tho i had no problem with headphones on samsung s2 i did have same problem with the desire i also have problems with blue tooth on jawbone icon one which is old and bought a newer one but my jawbone prime works perfect ,,,after update this morning put music on and for 5 minits it didnt cut out thought oh its fixed it but then nope started again i do find if i lay still and put phone in one place away from my body and dont move it works ok (pity i mostly listen to music when working )

but i still love htc phones just wish theyd fix bluetooth problem :):)

Reactions: nailerr

ajc158

Aug 26, 2011
Update on my first post:

HS3000 and HOX: since the 1.29 update I have had perfect playback - the only way I can cause signal loss is covering the HS3000 entirely with my hand.

Seems like the OP has an issue - looking at the way the antenna for BT is on the plastic body and cabled to the mainboard (from the disassembled pics on the forum) I'd imagine there is a short or loose contact...

Reactions: nailerr

nailerr

Jul 1, 2010
trati.net
hi im using the one x with plantronics back beat hheadphones and i have exact problem tho i had no problem with headphones on samsung s2 i did have same problem with the desire i also have problems with blue tooth on jawbone icon one which is old and bought a newer one but my jawbone prime works perfect ,,,after update this morning put music on and for 5 minits it didnt cut out thought oh its fixed it but then nope started again i do find if i lay still and put phone in one place away from my body and dont move it works ok (pity i mostly listen to music when working )

but i still love htc phones just wish theyd fix bluetooth problem :):)

Oh man, where were you an hour ago! I just was at the shop, sending back to HTC for repair or if they will give the shop a new unit, a refund. Painful option, amazing device. Just tired of the number of problems I have had with Android phones over the last year. Weighing my options. Would be totally happy with a WORKING One X for example!

Incredible we are having the same issues with similar equipment though. HTC said they suspect a broken connection (from my light handed use I wonder how) and as such the shop has sent it in.

I'll try to remember to update when I know more in some 2 weeks.

gamliel

Jul 3, 2008
Oh man, where were you an hour ago! I just was at the shop, sending back to HTC for repair or if they will give the shop a new unit, a refund. Painful option, amazing device. Just tired of the number of problems I have had with Android phones over the last year. Weighing my options. Would be totally happy with a WORKING One X for example!

Incredible we are having the same issues with similar equipment though. HTC said they suspect a broken connection (from my light handed use I wonder how) and as such the shop has sent it in.

I'll try to remember to update when I know more in some 2 weeks.
I have same problem .
Galaxy 2 with excellent hearing without disconnections and hang-up .with my Hox many types of headphones plantronix,novero,jaybird had a disconnection ....Really disappointed after waited a good device from Htc

Last edited:

nailerr

Jul 1, 2010
trati.net
Small update; The One X came back with a new shell but same screen and internals. The repair centre apparently did a factory reset and other worthless activities on-top of that. Nothing was fixed, of course.

So it is right back with Saturn, for another 2 week attempt to solve the actual listed problems.

In the meantime I did a side by side test with a friends One X and as I thought, his works as mine did when I first had it. The problems seem to be very much on the main-board, radios, who knows. Everything else is identical.

HTC hire other companies to do repairs in Germany as do many others, unfortunately my experience is that many repair centres here are bloody worthless.

nailerr

Jul 1, 2010
trati.net
This time the phone came back "factory reset, all working".

I showed the guy at Saturn the problem with my headset, he agreed, it is broken. I've refused to accept it this time (save time).

Essentially the repair centre have totally ignored the written problems twice. If they attempt another hardware repair (seems like we need to sue them into it at this rate) I get my money back.

I'm not blaming HTC for faults in new hardware, but I think they should fire their German repair partners for sheer stunning incompetence.

If I get my money back, I will not try HTC again, and I am sorry to say it knowing the state of other brands - but this is how customers get upset.

bazman70

Dec 1, 2011
London
I have sennheiser bluetooth headphones that worked without issue on my Desire (as long as wifi was off). With the one x, I get random skips whether wifi is on or off. Think its ok if im using the phone, only seems to happen in pocket. Wondering if its an issue with the companion core enabling/disabling or not

nailerr

Jul 1, 2010
trati.net
For your case I do not know, but specifically I have tried 2 brands of headset with mine vs Samsung devices and a friends One X. In this case, without question, my HTC unit is the issue. And it specifically seems to be the radios as the shell, thus I think antennas, were replaced.

Rollolo

May 15, 2012
I had a bluetooth issue

I had the same issue with poor bluetooth. It was fine for 2 weeks with my sony IS800-HBH headphones - but then suddenly both bluetooth and wifi signals became terrible and flashing back the original rom or trying other roms would not fix it.
I would have the phone in my jacket pocket and just turning my head would break the signal.

I saw the thread on 'poor wifi issues' here at XDA and thereby learnt that pushing the top right corner it would fix the wifi signal by the pressure of your finger. SO since the wifi and bluetooth use the same antenna, it is the same issue with poor bluetooth.

I opened my hox and bent up the contacts as described in the other thread.
Putting it back together, all my problems were solved.
Bluetooth works better than my iphone4 as I can walk quickly with it in my jeans pocket and still look around without it cutting out.

nailerr

Jul 1, 2010
trati.net
Certainly interesting and useful to know but since the One X replaced my Sensation due to it's broken-by-design antenna, I am not willing to be the one to fix their problems this time. I've given them too much money by far.

nailerr

Jul 1, 2010
trati.net
Latest update, this time they replaced the entire mainboard (and previously case). For now everything is working - it should not of been this hard to get a company to fix something so clearly broken.

Only bad news now is HTC have agreed there is a WiFi antenna disconnection issue in the hardware.

I really have had quite enough of this, so hope mine was fixed with the new methods..

ceftelos

Oct 7, 2009
Hello,
If you have problem connecting with handsfree for examble when you receiving call your handsfree transfer call to phone try to uncheck multimedia sound!!!!

settings-Bluetooth-name of handsfree-settings( on the right )-uncheck the second keep only Phone sound!!!

Regards,
Makis from HELLAS

nailerr

Jul 1, 2010
trati.net
Thanks for the intent to help, but if you read the thread you will find that this is entirely unrelated. The issue is simply hardware based as is now fairly well accepted with this phone; there are antenna disconnection issues.

Hello,
If you have problem connecting with handsfree for examble when you receiving call your handsfree transfer call to phone try to uncheck multimedia sound!!!!

settings-Bluetooth-name of handsfree-settings( on the right )-uncheck the second keep only Phone sound!!!

Regards,
Makis from HELLAS

oxion_garden

Jun 13, 2012
I have an issue with my Phillips headset too. The reception is pretty good, I can go far away from my phone without losing the signal. But if I touch the phone, the sound disconnects for some seconds? Pretty annoying...
No issue with the same headset on my Htc Desire Z.

Berserk87

Jan 11, 2008
I work in a retail store that sells many bluetooth devices.
I have a HTC One x(l) from rogers, stock fireware, not modded at all.

I have paid my phone up with basically every bluetooth device we sell, and with every single test, if I move more than 2 feet away or put the phone on one side of my body with the stereo on the otherside, it cuts out right away.

2ft away and it cuts on is a little ridiculous.

I've called htc multiple times, and email'd them.
I've gotten calls back, but the "solution" ive been given has just been factory reset, or "wait for the update thats coming out soon".

It's been over a month now and the update still hasnt been released, and my bluetooth is still unusable.

This makes my job quite a bit harder when trying to sell bluetooth stereos, but htc hasnt helped me at all so far.

Really the only thing im dissapointed about this phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

One X and Samsung HS3000 - I have found that connection stays mostly good, with maybe one or two tiny glitches per song - perfectly listen-able, and not as bad as what you describe, but not as good as I would have hoped - I am going to see if it is due to using extreme quality spotify downloaded tracks I'm playing (since the HS3000 is aptX it should stream at that kind of bitrate). I'll try lower bitrate and see if that makes a difference.
    seems to work fine with Nokia BH-505 but i got cut off around 10m away.

Tried with an iPod Touch and it's about the same distance.
    With Sennheiser MM400, I get perfect reception, in a leather case, in my pocket however I turn my head. In open air I get around 10 metre range. Maybe your bluetooth antenna is defective. If it's in your pocket make sure the screen faces inwards to your body. Also the receiver in your headphones could be on either side, so switching pockets may help.

Don't forget, other devices may appear to have greater range if they are transmitting at a lower quality than the One X. Also, I guess it could be that some headphones struggle to cope with higher bit rates if they don't have much buffer memory.

I'm blown away by bluetooth stereo quality compared to my sensation. My headphones had been sitting gathering dust until now.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
    Stating the obvious here but have you tried in multiple locations to rule out interference?

I'm about to test my headphones again and try pinching the corner as you described.

Nope, can't replicate it. In fact the only way I can get any loss if quality at all is to walk 10m away. Looks like you got a duff phone.

HOX on 1.2.9 and no issues at all, I'm using it alongside the HS3000 and connection is rock solid. Phone in pocket, and HS3000 clipped to my shirt. Even maintains a solid connection whilst using the London Underground.

However was in PC World and had major interruptions due to the various invisible signals in that store.

Generally it's fine, streaming via Spotify using Extreme Quality and via Poweramp.