Any way to calibrate the touch screen?

Search This thread

scy1192

Apr 12, 2012
I've noticed the touch position is a little bit off (offset to the right). Check the images attached. I turned on "show touches" in the Developer Options to demonstrate. In the first picture I put my finger on the left edge of the display and took a screenshot. What it *should* look like is the point being half on and half off the display. The second one I did the same to the right side; notice how the center of the point is entirely off the display, indicating it's sensing a touch the isn't even on the display. This has occasionally made me miss a button, so I know there's a real tangible effect to it.

Attachments

• left.png
    left.png
    153 KB · Views: 5,298
  • right.png
    right.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 5,191

veddandekar

Aug 11, 2012
I have noticed this too, is there no way of fixing this? gets very annoying while typing because it occasionally puts on a different letter!

codercollective

Dec 21, 2014
@scy1192, how did you generate those 2 images? how did you test out the touch screen result?
thanks in advance for the answer.

I've noticed the touch position is a little bit off (offset to the right). Check the images attached. I turned on "show touches" in the Developer Options to demonstrate. In the first picture I put my finger on the left edge of the display and took a screenshot. What it *should* look like is the point being half on and half off the display. The second one I did the same to the right side; notice how the center of the point is entirely off the display, indicating it's sensing a touch the isn't even on the display. This has occasionally made me miss a button, so I know there's a real tangible effect to it.

scy1192

Apr 12, 2012
@scy1192, how did you generate those 2 images? how did you test out the touch screen result?
thanks in advance for the answer.

Enable developer options then in the developer options menu, choose "Show touches"

Also, I found out the reason it was doing that. Seems like the touch point shown doesn't exactly match up to where it detects your touch. Must just be an error of the "show touches" option now drawing on the screen correctly.

justyourimage

Jan 6, 2015
Let me bump that thread since I have a bit of information to add.

Just for anyone wondering - you can

"Upgrade the Touch Firmware" in the Test-Settings Menu (just like you could with the G2)

I guess that 's what LG means with Touch Re-Calibration.

There are also quite some tests you can do there to see if anything is off.

I think it comes down to their Keyboard and Sensitivity of the Hardware in itself and the thickness of your Fingers.

I noticed that I often misstype with the LG-Keyboard - that is due to the buttons being to small in width and most importantly the area between the SPACEBAR and Soft-Buttons which doesn't know if it should trigger the spacebar or the menukey as such won't do anything when you hit the sweet spot inbetween them. So to workaround that the best would be to hide the softbuttons upon entering text.

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 6681213

Any update ? Upgrading the touch firmware didn't help for me. The problem happen after I changed the screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    how bout touch test in hidden menu.

ie for intl version.
    3845#*855#