ADW Launcher 2 (Pre-Alpha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

XPerties

Feb 17, 2011
Owasso OK
www.xperties.net
OK I just paid for ADW (not this beta, the one from the shop) and using Go Launcher for the past few months I'm trying to figure out how to create folders in my apps drawer. Is there a way to do this in the old version or current beta?

The thing with Go launcher I enjoyed was to have organized folders in my apps section.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
OK I just paid for ADW (not this beta, the one from the shop) and using Go Launcher for the past few months I'm trying to figure out how to create folders in my apps drawer. Is there a way to do this in the old version or current beta?

The thing with Go launcher I enjoyed was to have organized folders in my apps section.

Go seems to be the only launcher I've heard of that has folders in the app drawer. Personally I don't see the point, but okay. :)

XPerties

Feb 17, 2011
Owasso OK
www.xperties.net
Go seems to be the only launcher I've heard of that has folders in the app drawer. Personally I don't see the point, but okay. :)

Well educate as to why you don't see a point?

What I mean is typically a human will get into their ways and wont explorer any others. I have tons of apps, games, system info, media crap. So If I open my app drawer I have 5 pages and have to go digging through them for something like a tip calculator if I go out to dinner with work friends. Now If I have 5 folders setup and 1 folder is designated to "finances" I know I could click that and have access to my banking and tip calculator.

tell me how you manage yoru phone.....and no I'm not being a smart arse. :D

supersobbie

May 21, 2007
Well I am not sure how he does it but the way I do it is remove the notification bar and set it to open on a swipe down... and then I remove the dock bar completely. then I set open app draw on swipe up.

That give me the full screen and I can put folders right at the bottom of the screen :)

Hope that helps.

SoBBie

PS Great app!

lsbzss

Oct 13, 2010
Has anyone tried this with CM7 on the evo? I still cannot get the notification bar on the swipe down to work. it is killing me, I may have to go back to RC4.

alirocks4u

Feb 7, 2011
Has anyone tried this with CM7 on the evo? I still cannot get the notification bar on the swipe down to work. it is killing me, I may have to go back to RC4.

I was having the same problem on my EVO so I went to settings, Cyanogen settings, Tablet and changed the status bar to the bottom. The swipe feature works and I actually like it better this way. Hope this helps.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

maxib123

Aug 29, 2010
Derby
for me scrolling in adw drawer has been awful as of late, jumps half way down the list then ive already gone past the desired app. its not the phone, ive uninstalled and reinstalled it and cleared data and even overclocking doesnt help - gone to launcherpro, says in the app description super smooth scrolling, they aint lying :')

DMD9

Oct 20, 2010
The lock desktop function in ADW is probably the main reason I use it. A scrollable dockbar would be nice as would the option to either create folders or hide apps in the drawer without having to create categories, as I prefer to hide the dockbar while in the app drawer the categories function is pretty much useless to me.
Having said that ADW is the only launcher I've stuck with since I first got an Android phone, tested most of the alternatives but while each had it's own useful features I always end up back with ADW. Good to see it being developed further, hope it evolves the way we all want :)

Brainsy

Aug 21, 2010
Adding an application shortcut via holding down on the home screen force closes ADW. I have added a power widget successfully, though.

HTC Hero
Elelinux-7.0.0-Hero-v1.9

[EDIT]Saying that, I can add a shortcut via holding/dragging in the app drawer.

Last edited:

boombuler

Jul 16, 2008
Hi everyone
Since i wrote a huge part of the code for the alpha version you can download here i want to tell you guys something about this so called beta:

This version wasn't meant to be public. It is more a nightly build then a beta... there are many things that will change till the release... the swipe actions are not yet implemented... we currently work on the internals of the launcher and not the GUI... one of the next parts will be a new dock bar and maybe the new drawer... we know there are many force close bugs in this version and some are already resolved for weeks :)

That's all for now (i think)

--
Boombuler

Reactions: Haelous and Brainsy

fd99601

Aug 26, 2010
FCs while adding a folder onto home screen

I tried adding a regular android folder onto the homescreen - it was done by long press on home screen --> Folders and I chose a shortcut (called itinerary) for the app Pageonce Travel.

The same works in my other launcher. Data inside the app is in English only. I can no longer remove this shortcut. Long press causes FC. Overclocked Galaxy S running Darky's ROM.

Last edited:

spirol

Well, have just been trying it briefly this morning, and i'm kinda surprised that there isn't a hidden dock anymore :/ Also, almost all setting options from the regular ADW seems to be gone - even the options for showing/hiding the statusbar by swiping up/down on homescreen !!
No uninstall by holding on trashcan, which i found close to the easiest way Ever to uninstall :p
Swiping actions doesn't work for me neither, but they're too limited anyway (let me hide my statusbar on demand!)
Besides the lack of features (compared to ADW), i'm experiencing FCs when creating shortcuts, +other random FCs..
One thing i liked though, is the option to change icons and labels in the Drawer :)

For now i'm sticking with ADW (probably EX soon), but looking forward to see more ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Video by 96edwy:

New widget options on long-press:

adw2-2-180x300.png
    adw2-5-180x300.png
    adw2-8-180x300.png

When you are on a home screen and long press on a widget, you now see more options than before including shortcuts to the Application info and Market pages for the app. You can also quickly set up custom shortcuts using ADW’s menus rather than the standard Android process.

New app drawer functions on long press:

adw2-3-180x300.png
    adw2-4-180x300.png
    adw2-6-180x300.png

These new app drawer functions are probably the most impressive. You can now long press on apps from within the drawer to see a variety of options, giving you more control over the look and feel. You can also add folders directly in, plus a bunch of other shortcuts. After playing with the new app drawer for 30 seconds, you see how amazing these new tweaks will be once this thing gets fine-tuned and is ready for release.
    Hidden dock in adw= best feature ever :)

Sent from my HTC Legend
    QUOTE=darkamikaze

you can uninstall apps from adw by holding them to the trashcan..

You can always access recent apps by holding the home button.. which I have always done.

QUOTE END

Uninstallig apps works the same way in go launcher, furthermore, you can also uninstall them directly in the drawer.

Accessing recent apps pressing the home button works as well, however, there also is a category for that in the drawer.

Don't get me wrong - I love adw and have been using it for month,but go launcher is really awesome as well.
    Lets see what adw launcher 2 will be capable of. :)

Sry, quoting wasn't working for some reason....

Sent from my HTC Legend
    This was leaked by some idiot on the #alpha team, this is NOT an alpha or a beta. This is a nightly build, and is NOT ready for public consumption. I, myself, am an #alpha tester for ADW and I can tell you from personal experience that this build is not ready for the public (even marked as an "alpha").

On another note, PLEASE respect developers and do not distribute their work without permission, it blows, is a sucker punch, and is just plain rude . This was posted WITHOUT permission for Anderwebs, and I would hope you guys respect that. He's done a LOT of awesome (mostly open-source) work with ADW and ADW EX, the least you can do is show him a modicum of respect. :rolleyes:
    Hi everyone
    Since i wrote a huge part of the code for the alpha version you can download here i want to tell you guys something about this so called beta:

This version wasn't meant to be public. It is more a nightly build then a beta... there are many things that will change till the release... the swipe actions are not yet implemented... we currently work on the internals of the launcher and not the GUI... one of the next parts will be a new dock bar and maybe the new drawer... we know there are many force close bugs in this version and some are already resolved for weeks :)

That's all for now (i think)

--
    Boombuler