[APP][UPDATE 1.2] Moto Tethering USB ★ root

Search This thread

resqman

Feb 8, 2009
Hopkinsville, Ky
Atrix problem

I connected my rooted Atrix (on Att). Selected the motorola phone portal. Phone portal opens on the pc and I can browse the device etc. But I am getting this error "Moto Tethering USB can't start tethering without any device connected!" I have rebooted the phone and that did not help

Thnx

elaware

May 22, 2011
www.elaware.it
I connected my rooted Atrix (on Att). Selected the motorola phone portal. Phone portal opens on the pc and I can browse the device etc. But I am getting this error "Moto Tethering USB can't start tethering without any device connected!" I have rebooted the phone and that did not help

Thnx

I think is an issue related to computer that you are using,

Ensure that you can reach the address that Motorola Phone Portal tells you on Notification Bar,

Maybe the Motorola Virtual Ethernet Device isn't been correctly installed,

Thanks,

albez01

Dec 29, 2007
** Version 1.2 should solve some root related problems **

Just published on Market, hope who had root related problems can give us feedback on this version,

Root management has been rewritten,

please let us know,

thanks,

Hi elaware,
a little step forward ... just updated from market, now Superuser ask me to run the app as root but after a while the app give me a FC... in any way I send you a stack trace (exception in setTetheringStatus method, line 324) for your best investigation.
thank you in advance!

elaware

May 22, 2011
www.elaware.it
Hi elaware,
a little step forward ... just updated from market, now Superuser ask me to run the app as root but after a while the app give me a FC... in any way I send you a stack trace (exception in setTetheringStatus method, line 324) for your best investigation.
thank you in advance!

Hi albez01, thanks for reporting,

We're investigating this problem but we can't reproduce it,

We've tested App on CM7.1 Emulator and this problem still doesn't appear,

Can you please try to uninstall and re-install Moto Tethering USB, maybe it's an issue related to odex pre-compilation of the CM7 system,

Thanks for anyone will test this,

Gusar321

May 5, 2011
Moto Tethering USB should work on Linux too.. :)
I'm not so sure about that. You see, there's no Portal support for Linux, at least not via USB. I can activate Portal mode on the phone, but all I'll get on the Linux machine is a virtual cdrom that contains Windows drivers. Right now I don't get even that, not sure why.

I tried the latest version of Moto Tethering, the root problem is gone, but now I get the same message as resqman reported. And considering your response to him, regarding a Motorola Virtual Ethernet Device... What are the chances that this virtual device is what one gets by installing Motorola drivers, which are Windows only?

elaware

May 22, 2011
www.elaware.it
I'm not so sure about that. You see, there's no Portal support for Linux, at least not via USB. I can activate Portal mode on the phone, but all I'll get on the Linux machine is a virtual cdrom that contains Windows drivers. Right now I don't get even that, not sure why.

I tried the latest version of Moto Tethering, the root problem is gone, but now I get the same message as resqman reported. And considering your response to him, regarding a Motorola Virtual Ethernet Device... What are the chances that this virtual device is what one gets by installing Motorola drivers, which are Windows only?

Just tried on Fedora 15 and it doesn't work,

It requires Motorola Drivers not yet available for Linux/Mac,

Sorry for mistake,

resqman

Feb 8, 2009
Hopkinsville, Ky
I think is an issue related to computer that you are using,

Ensure that you can reach the address that Motorola Phone Portal tells you on Notification Bar,

Maybe the Motorola Virtual Ethernet Device isn't been correctly installed,

Thanks,

the computer reaches the address the Portal tells me. I can use my pc to manipulate data on the phone, i.e. move files, delete contacts etc

I uninstalled and reinstalled all Motorola related programs and drivers and have reinstalled them but have the same results.

I even tried a different cable just in case

Thanks

elaware

May 22, 2011
www.elaware.it
the computer reaches the address the Portal tells me. I can use my pc to manipulate data on the phone, i.e. move files, delete contacts etc

I uninstalled and reinstalled all Motorola related programs and drivers and have reinstalled them but have the same results.

I even tried a different cable just in case

Thanks

Could you please tell me what's the address that Motorola Phone Portal gives you?

Maybe this is an issue related to some strange ips given by Motorola Phone Portal,

Thanks.

resqman

Feb 8, 2009
Hopkinsville, Ky
Sorry for being slow in replying. Bad week at work.

I am getting an ip of http://192.168.16.2:8080. I flashed the .91 sbf rooted and unlocked and I still get the same results. Thinking it is pc related more and more. Going to start disabling firewall etc. I'll let you know

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I wan't be inpatient, just want to show my interest for a inverse tethering solution. Please keep workin on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **PAY ATTENTION**
    This App works _ONLY_ on Motorola Phones with "Motorola Phone Portal" USB support!!

**REQUIRES ROOT**

** [15/July/2011] Version 1.2 should solve some root related problems **

**THIS APP IS TOTALLY FREE - NO EXTRA HIDDEN COST!**

** Moto Tethering USB uses exactly the same data plan that is used for the on-phone Internet access like in the built-in browser or e-mail app or youtube application. No additional tethering fees.

Moto Tethering USB allows your computer to go online through the Motorola Android phone's Internet connection.
    It supports USB Tether and it needs root.

It's a real tethering not a simply MODEM Tethering, you should NOT pay extra cost to your Carrier!

Moto Tethering USB uses "Motorola Phone Portal" USB connection to establish a link between your computer and your Motorola Android phone.
    Simply Select "Motorola Phone Portal" from USB OPTIONS after you've connected your Motorola phone to pc and then you can start sharing your Mobile Connection using Moto Tethering USB!
    After starting Tethering Service it will provide you an info box with settings about pc's network connection, you've to configure these on your PC to enable the sharing!
    (The settings should not change every time so you've to set them ONLY one time!)

https://market.android.com/details?id=it.elaware.mototetheringusb

For any further question feel free to contact us by mail or comment this thread.

chart