[ROM] FRENKIEDROID_v8.1 Play Store eXtraSmooth fully themed

Search This thread

spkraul

Nov 4, 2012
Naxos
Help on GPS.
i installed frenkiedroid autoinstaller version and gps is not working. i downloaded data about satellites. i keep it searching fro 20 minutes and no connection. IGO and google maps not finding GPS/

spkraul

Nov 4, 2012
Naxos
.TBI rom gps ?

Good morning everyone.

I do not remember having published an autoinstaller for my rom ....

then,

I do not know how I can help you.

ok i installed again your .TBI rom and again the same.i can not find gps. find not just lock not even one satelite. what you think it is the problem ? on your phone you can see satelites ?i tried gps fix and not resut. gps test same. faster gps same. so ?

Reactions: denisopimentinha

tonete

Sep 21, 2007
Thank you spiderman1961 for this awesome rom.

I'm using it for 1 week and I'm partialy satisfied.

I get unexpected and frecuently reboots (10 or more in a day).
Soft reboots: the big X boot appears (not winmo) and ask me for the PIN.

I "solved" this with a sim without pin.

You have notice about this behavior?

Thanks in advance.

spiderman1961

Oct 31, 2012
Avella
Thank you spiderman1961 for this awesome rom. I'm using it for 1 week and I'm partialy satisfied. I get unexpected and frecuently reboots (10 or more in a day). Soft reboots: the big X boot appears (not winmo) and ask me for the PIN. I "solved" this with a sim without pin. You have notice about this behavior? Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my absence: need time to solve many other problems...
About your question: i know issue, when i shall have time i try fix it
Meantime, i suggest you not use many app on your device; open apps just one at times

Last edited:

spkraul

Nov 4, 2012
Naxos
GPS ?

I am sorry Spiderman, but you have checked GPS on your ROM and it is working ? i mean it can lock satelites ? i have tried almost every ROM available, every zImage available, i have red many many pages on forums but the only thing i got it just make my phone see "viewable" many many satelites, but i was never able to lock not even one of them ?
Can you help ? Any ideas ?

spiderman1961

Oct 31, 2012
Avella
I am sorry Spiderman, but you have checked GPS on your ROM and it is working ? i mean it can lock satelites ? i have tried almost every ROM available, every zImage available, i have red many many pages on forums but the only thing i got it just make my phone see "viewable" many many satelites, but i was never able to lock not even one of them ?
Can you help ? Any ideas ?

Release is full working!! Tested many time before upload...
Follow these steps:
-Re-partition you My Storage with minitool, then reformat ext4 and linux swap partition under ubuntu
-Reinstall Rom with Image for Windows
-Boot Android with haret.exe
-After first complete boot don't operate on Android, but reboot it
-Install navigator like Sygic or Copilot
-Start GPS and after Navigator. enjoy

With Maps and Navigator gapps it's same: all work

If you have again difficulties: did you control if with other release gps works? Maybe it's problem of hardware on your phone

Last edited:

spkraul

Nov 4, 2012
Naxos
Release is full working!! Tested many time before upload...
Follow these steps:
-Re-partition you My Storage with minitool, then reformat ext4 and linux swap partition under ubuntu
-Reinstall Rom with Image for Windows
-Boot Android with haret.exe
-After first complete boot don't operate on Android, but reboot it
-Install navigator like Sygic or Copilot
-Start GPS and after Navigator. enjoy

With Maps and Navigator gapps it's same: all work

If you have again difficulties: did you control if with other release gps works? Maybe it's problem of hardware on your phone

i have done settings from here http://www.modaco.com/topic/319451-gps-fix-for-i8000-new/page__st__180 on my wm operating system on my phone and i was able to lock satellites in less than a second. So i guess my hardware is working. so guessed it was a matter of drivers or kernel.
I will try again your ROM and post the result.
btw can you also test and propose some settings about ms-based gps. it can make our bad gps antenna phone lock satellites very fast.

p.s i do not want to install it on my storage but on my sandisk class 10 sd card. you think this can cause my gps to malfunction ?

edit. i just tried and nothing. i really appreciate your job spiderman but your rom is very slow on my phone, seems slower that froyo beta2. you have tried gps also on frenkie's rom or CM6 beta 2 or other running from sd card and could lock gps ? Any help/answer would be useful

Last edited:

zer0theher0

Dec 17, 2006
How can I make use of the remaining space (mine has 8GB of storage) for me to take pictures? It says no storage available.
Also, how can I access the memory card for me to play music and store pictures when I use the cam?

zer0theher0

Dec 17, 2006
thanks spidey unfortunately same result. I even tried to redo everything from scratch. anything else I need to check that I may have missed?

thanks.

p.s. sorry I cannot post a reply due to forum rules.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi At All.

This is my little contribute to the global Android comunity.

This is my build of the original rom Android for our GT-I8000 Omnia 2.

I think it is very powerful and fast. I prepared two versions of the ROM:

V_7: problem (known) does not work bluethoot, and the GPS is hard to use (but working), but really FFFFFFFFFFast ROM!

V_8 fully functional (I hope!) but less fast ROM.

You choose which version suits you.

I take no responsibility if you wrong procedure and inflict damage to the device.

All credits for working Android port on Omnia 2 are going to:
    - almar (Marc)
    - bsbsbs (Sándor)
    - Egon
    - phj (János)
    - Voyteckst

Great thanks also to:

- Sgoo (ciao bello!)
    - Synescu
    - ipaq3870 for the kernels.
    - o2droid
    - Rapid81
    - voku

Great thanks to my bro Spiderman1961 for the suggests, testing and much improvement for the rom.
    I speak very little, and without his help on the forums, a lot of people would not have a lot of explaining about installation...

VAI BELLO!!

Well.

Here we go.

Procedure 1 (Linux Ubuntu) - (for advanced users)

-OLD version! Skip fww! This is only if you can't install with the next method in point 2.
    FrenkieDroid v7.1 Play Store integrated (ext4.tar.gz) attached guide to flash with Ubuntu on your O2 (traditional perform).

FrenkieDroid v8.1 Play Store integrate (ext4.tar.gz)

GUIDE TO FLASH UNDER UBUNTU

Add the ultra-optimized version. Inside there is a guide to performing installation. Use ~Google Translate~ to translate.

--------------------------------------@

Procedure 2.This second version is for istalling without using Ubuntu, and is most performing & much easily!
    I suggest this version! ImageForWindows compatible , really easy!! guide attached in archive tool!

FrenkieDroid ROMs:

V_7:

For those who do not need the bluethoot and GPS (for GPS there is a solution, but it takes a little patience to set it ...)
    and prefer a snappy rom, maybe "from the second phone," without gps and bluethoot but all set to give you all the fit and can, very agile, the ROM
    of reference is the V_7:

FrenkieDroid_v7

ARCHIVE TOOLS

Android has never run so well on omnia 2.

--------------------------------@

V_8:
    For those who point to the stability and full functionality of the device, and prefers to point to the new V_8 with Bluethoot and GPS working,
    Little much consume of RAM memory, less "agile", but more stability.

FrenkieDroid v8:
    GPS working;
    Bluethoot working;
    WiFi working;
    Stock kernel (66-800 MHz)

FRENKIEDROID V8 Fully Worked!

download always

. Pacchetto WORK !

-------------------@

. [URL="http://www.modaco.com/topic/358749-frenkiedroid-v8-gt-i8000-full-working/"]L I N K T O M O D A C O. [/URL]

Fatemi sapere come vi gira!
    Let me know how it works!

Ciao a tutti! Da Caserta con furore!
    Twister v.1

The Twister Team is happy to present:
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>​
    TWISTER V.1
    (daughter of the primordial FrenkieDroid v8)
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>VERY INTERESTING!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool:
    NEWS ON HDBLOG FORUM ABOUT ROM
    We thank Mr.:
    • almar (Marc)
    • bsbsbs (Sándor)
    • Egon
    • phj (János)
    because through their research have made it possible to port Android on OmniaII

Thanks, however, to be larger
    Frenkie99999999999
    who raised this port to levels previously unimaginable!!!!!

****************************************************************************************************************************************************
    The base of the Rom is always CyanogenMod 6.2 Android 2.2 Froyo, I applied it to a series of tweaks and improvements to the code in order to make it more performant and responsive without the help of other applications, which remain resident in memory consumed Ram valuable.
    Applications in support of the Rom have been thinned, so as to provide a product that after two months of testing occurs without disruption: the system is fast and handsome, any failure or delay is due only to the next installation of the app is not fully compatible this remains a PORTING, a system designed for other hardware and that no one thought of seeing run on OmniaII born for WinMobile
    *****************************************************************************************************************************************************

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now you can say goodbye to SetCPU, System Tuner, SGS Touchscreebooster and other apps you may have installed: no longer needed!
    The same Task Manager is used only for the widget to put on the home to control the amount of RAM free: no need to use it to kill app left open in the background where everything is run by script inside the Roma: they are to manage the amount Ram minimum, the sensitivity of the touch screen and many other parameters that are described in the following here in the changelog that lists the new features compared to FrenkieDroid v8.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANGELOG

Graphics improvements:
    • New-style bootanimation Nexus
    • TRANSPARENT statusbar!
      The portion of the screen appear where the line indicators, battery, time etc.. first opaque are now transparent graphic effect is surprising, despite assemble Android 2.2 Froyo, have attractive graphics such as JB and with a screen now so broad that almost has nothing to envy to the Galaxy S +!
    • Iridium Theme: new icons, new wallpaper, new buttons, new indicators battery and telephone line ... all according to the colors of the rainbow
    • New-launcher: Holo launcher: it is the lightest and most agile because it locked in memory via script, and not through Spicagenmod option (disable) or the launcher itself (disable)
    • App-system modded and skinned (already published previously) incorporated
    • Fixed a graphic bug icons that were too big disappear captions
    • Task Manager 1.8.1
    • File manager-much lighter than the previous: Explorer+
    • Quick Pick-2.8.2

Code improvements and tweaks
    • Ram-management through "Low Memory killer balanced script" (without app) according to these values: 8,14,55,70,85,100 (multitasking smooth and fast: only use task manager to see the percentage of free RAM memory, the script does the rest!)
    • Automatic Defragmentation at the boot of system databases
    • Zipalignin and fixpermission of the app (to prevent their Force close) on every boot which saves battery and ram, and greater fluidity of the system
    • 55 Mb of RAM free at all times guaranteed!
    • Init.rc with changes incorporated
    • Modified build.prop
    • Virtual Memory Tweaks for greater fluidity
    • SD card Tweak: Increased read ahead cache data for faster access
    • Cleaning the cache on every boot, the system will not be filled with useless temporary files that weigh down and you will not need app to do that
    • GPU rendering
    • Compression of the Ram-through "Zram script" for a more responsive (you must disable Spicagenmod settings / performance / compcache ram usage)
    • Tweak-range for a greater fluidity
    • Darky-zipaling
    • For those who want to use live wallpapers these will be more fluid
    • Kernel tweaks for best performance
    • Battery tweaks: increased durability
    • Ext4 smart-mounting: Access to faster disk (noatime, disable barrier etc)
    • Improved sensibility of the touchscreen through script
    • Less lags through LMK Tweak and various VM Tweaks: smoother
    • Sysctl tweaks
    • Disabled logger
    • Many app will open faster with many tweaks added: phone, keyboard, messaging
    • Fixed the excessive delay in the appearance of buttons phone call (Tested several times: 2-3 seconds for the screen to appear to answer on our Omnia)
    • VSysnc-enabled
    • I / O scheduler tweaks
    • Better performance
    • Throughput better network with TCP tweaks and 3G tweaks

Credits to:
    • Ng L C
    • knzo
    • ImbaWind
    • zeppellinrox
    • iluvamk
    for their suggestions and for shared materials

KNOWN BUGS:
    • Binary Superuser not updateable
    • Theter not working
    • Factory data reset partially functioning: delete account, address book, calendar must be made manually
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________​
    Screenshots from which you can take a look at new release​
    Dock_Drawer.jpg

telefono.jpg

app3.jpg

App1.jpg

appsuono.jpg

**************************************************************************************************************************************​
    A preview videos that I hope will be appreciated​
    **************************************************************************************************************************************​

INSTALLATION GUIDE
    Link to download the Rom: TWISTER V.1
    Link to download the kernel and installation tools ARCHIVIO WORK_v8
    thanks for replying
    sure do. will revert if have problem.
    thanks again.

You shall be welcome!
    Use the thanks button to thank
    Hi,

Thanks for the work on the Omnia II.

Could someone post the install instructions in English.
    I cannot read Italian.

Thanks.

Here