Galaxy S i9000 update

Search This thread

th3rmi1t3

Jul 31, 2013
Yep, got the latest gapps pack installed. Good things to try as in different ROMS for the i9000 What seems to be the best performing or most popular for this device?

Soryuu

Aug 17, 2012
Auckland
Judging by opinion, one of the best roms for performance is Gamerzrom. Its like CM10.1 but slimmed down and optimised. I haven't had a chance to try it out myself (yet) so I can't give my own feedback...

Sent from my GT-P7510

darkknigh_t

Jan 13, 2013
Judging by opinion, one of the best roms for performance is Gamerzrom. Its like CM10.1 but slimmed down and optimised. I haven't had a chance to try it out myself (yet) so I can't give my own feedback...

Sent from my GT-P7510

+1 im using it since day one. It has full features nothing removed everything works. No random slowdowns no reboots. Even after 3 days of use it works with no slowdown. If i want to play a game i can no laggs and its perfect for everyday use. Try it :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Soryuu

Aug 17, 2012
Auckland
In terms of most popular, that's a bit of a different story- quite a few roms are popular here. CM10.x, Helly Bean, Slim, C-Rom, Carbon, LiquidSmooth, Gamerzrom, Mackay, RemICS-JB, CyanCore... There's quite a few roms which a lot of people use, and so its quite hard to answer the second part of your question...

Sent from my GT-P7510

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there any other way around this? I've just installed SB again with the addon pack just so that I could get the CM9 onto my SD card. What's the best way to sort this out and get my IMEI number sorted?
    this how to install cm 9

Put it ( zip file ) to your phone's internal sd-card
    Reboot to recovery (vol up + home + power)
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Wipe cache
    Advanced > wipe dalvik cache
    Install zip from sd-card
    Choose zip from sd-card
    Select cm-9.0.0-galaxysmtd.zip
    Confirm
    Wait
    Go back
    Reboot

the same you way you do with a JB rom

and please push thanks button (y) , :)
    So to answer a few of your questions, I know I'm late to the party but for future reference :D

-The reason why Tox recommended flashing CM9 first is because problems can occur going straight from 2.3.6 to Jelly Bean in terms of your IMEI- your device's "identification". If you lose the IMEI, you lose the ability to connect to your network provider. Flashing CM9 and letting it boot as an intermediate step prevents this from happening. Once you've booted CM9 when you flash and you have reception, you're all goods to flash any JB rom from there.

-Your bootloop from recovering the backup that you made from Slim- I'm guessing it was a backup from 2.3.6- has nothing to do with the IMEI. Phones can boot without the IMEI. Its because the data partitions in 2.3.6 are different to those in Jelly Bean. Hence they're incompatible with each other- you tried to restore a different data partition that what was available on Slim Bean (because it was Jelly Bean).

-Flashing any 2.3.6 rom will restore your IMEI. However regarding the photo you took with the red error messages...

-That's because of the reason I mentioned above, with the data partitions. Because they're different, the phone can't recognise them and so can't boot, hence resulting in a bootloop. Easy way to fix this- there's a file called dbsdata.rfs.tar (its somewhere in these forums, right now I can't find a link). If you get that situation again, just pul the battery and reinsert it, go back into download mode, put dbsdata.rfs.tar in PDA, let it flash. That should put the right data partition on the phone.

Hope that these clarified some of your questions! :D

Sent from my GT-P7510