Bounty for bootloader unlock ?

Search This thread

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
Hey dtrail1,

Are these files available in other kernel releases ?

Latest Files
README.txt.txt (Datum: 2013-08-08, Größe: 1.8 KB)
system_core.tgz (Datum: 2013-08-08, Größe: 912.8 KB)
motorola_security_moto_crypto.tgz (Datum: 2013-08-08, Größe: 3.6 MB)
motorola_external_wbxmlparser.tgz (Datum: 2013-08-08, Größe: 70.4 KB)
motorola_external_lbl.tgz

motorola_security_moto_crypto.tgz has some nice information in it if you check it with notepad++

The crypto module is part of the cryptographic API and used in stock Roms. This module is provided with full sources, nothing special. These files are also existing in older releases (ICS, GB).
But these files got updated two months ago, yeah! :)
I'm not really sure about it, but hashcode possibly might use it for the new kexec development. I don't know what moto did with them... Let me have a closer look.

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 4

RAD7

May 19, 2012
I'm pleasantly surprised to see the bootloader unlock trail still hot coz for our OMAP device Edison Atrix 2, it's lying low.

Nowhere did I see Jim Bridgman being mentioned in here. Just FYI he had made immense efforts involving all possible steps (i.e not to say none more exist) & finally it was concluded unlocking is not impossible but improbable. He had sacrificed 4-6 phones in this quest. I too had pinged Dan when the major unlock gig was happening. You guys might want to hit up Jim too, Cheers!!

atrix2man

Dec 30, 2012
Just let the devs do their thing. They wouldnt be talking about this if it was impossible. Im sure theres a way. A workaround custom bootloader on sdcard would be pretty nice as yall mentioned.

Reactions: tydiamond11
While the devs do their things, i am still looking for bits of information one after the other and i am glad to report to you all that i've got some more new and interesting stuff.

OMAPFlash can flash any omap board (hs-ns)with correct parameters. In the defy bootloader unlock discussion, it was reported from india that one of the official motorola service used OMAPflash tool to unbrick and fix the device while unlocking its bootloader This is the latest version of Omapflash which supports our board OMAP4430 HS with 1gb of ram. The attachment contains all files and a BAT executable script for Samsung i9100G model. DO NOT use that *.bat file on your motorola Razr, it can easily brick your device. TI has documented everything nicely..Please read the documents well before proceeding. Lets see if we can gain unlock solution with this.

I have more unleaked stuff for those who would challenge the ****ed Motorola Omap bootloader, please contact me via pm if interested.

Semseddin.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yji3bv77mw6375d/OMAPFlash_1229_2ndlast.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: zakk87

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
While the devs do their things, i am still looking for bits of information one after the other and i am glad to report to you all that i've got some more new and interesting stuff.

OMAPFlash can flash any omap board (hs-ns)with correct parameters. In the defy bootloader unlock discussion, it was reported from india that one of the official motorola service used OMAPflash tool to unbrick and fix the device while unlocking its bootloader This is the latest version of Omapflash which supports our board OMAP4430 HS with 1gb of ram. The attachment contains all files and a BAT executable script for Samsung i9100G model. DO NOT use that *.bat file on your motorola Razr, it can easily brick your device. TI has documented everything nicely..Please read the documents well before proceeding. Lets see if we can gain unlock solution with this.

I have more unleaked stuff for those who would challenge the ****ed Motorola Omap bootloader, please contact me via pm if interested.

Semseddin.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yji3bv77mw6375d/OMAPFlash_1229_2ndlast.zip

Well, these kind of methods won't work on Razr (it's only right to say "don't use it on Razr" :D) - because the Razr is the first device with an "vice versa" efuse secure lock. That's the main problem, as you know already, so from dev-side the only possibitliy which wasn't checked further enough might be an sdcard bootloader. If we had one, we'd need to bypass the Razr bootloader's signature checks, otherwise the bootloader would prevent the sdcard bootloader from booting :)

Well, these kind of methods won't work on Razr (it's only right to say "don't use it on Razr" :D) - because the Razr is the first device with an "vice versa" efuse secure lock. That's the main problem, as you know already, so from dev-side the only possibitliy which wasn't checked further enough might be an sdcard bootloader. If we had one, we'd need to bypass the Razr bootloader's signature checks, otherwise the bootloader would prevent the sdcard bootloader from booting :)

How do you know that it won't work? Have you tried yourself? Trying to end discussion with efuse lock never helped. On addition, I leaked files that have never seen before in this community. We just need some knowledgeful people to work on this. As far as I know, you are not better than me when it comes to bootloader unlocking. So, maybe you can move along and let the crackers do their things, instead of storytelling the efuse blabla which I refuse. Efuse is not the excuse for this bootloaders' locked situation. It's just that right people didn't mess with it with the right files.

your posts citing efuse did not, does not, will not help bootloader unlocking of the device. If you have some other things to talk about instead of efuse, you're welcome. Otherwise, please stop posting the same efuse story. You don't even believe that it would be unlocked one day, so why are you even bothering with this dissussion ?

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
How do you know that it won't work? Have you tried yourself? Trying to end discussion with efuse lock never helped. On addition, I leaked files that have never seen before in this community. We just need some knowledgeful people to work on this. As far as I know, you are not better than me when it comes to bootloader unlocking. So, maybe you can move along and let the crackers do their things, instead of storytelling the efuse blabla which I refuse. Efuse is not the excuse for this bootloaders' locked situation. It's just that right people didn't mess with it with the right files.

your posts citing efuse did not, does not, will not help bootloader unlocking of the device. If you have some other things to talk about instead of efuse, you're welcome. Otherwise, please stop posting the same efuse story. You don't even believe that it would be unlocked one day, so why are you even bothering with this dissussion ?

Unfortunately, he is providing accurate and detailed responses that are clearly on topic to the discussion in this thread. He has consistently and politely tried to explain the problems to you and has been met with rather stubborn and dismissive responses from you at every turn and yet he comes back to set himself up for more of the same, it would seem because actually cares and understands your frustration and perhaps admires your determination as well.

I feel much the same way, but have not bothered to comment here because I have no desire to play the role of naysayers.
It's no fun for anyone.

You may want to consider his comments in that light instead of simply denying and casting aside someone who is extending their hand to you.

Salaam

W'Salaam CellZealot,

i have deviceIDallocation.exe straight from motorola. You should already have that in case you don't have it, it is a tool to change the id of the devices. I think of it like a supercid for htc's.

And we already read many times about efuses, that's why i get mad when i read the efuses again and again. It simply doesn't help to the goal which is unlocking the bootloader. Should i stop investigaging this and stop providing leaked files cause of the efuse and accept it as a fact that this ****ed motorola omap can not be unlocked OR simply deny that efuse story and continue to search for a solution ? I already chose the second way cause if there's a lock, there is always a way to unlock it. That's my fact.

A guy in an other thread already told that they're able to crack SECUREBOOT3, secureboot2 shouldn't be a worry. So :)

1droidmod

Feb 12, 2013
Sioux Falls
Ok. This is an option.. But where to dig? As vast as the internet is, i can't hardly believe solution is not floating around... Removed solution from phones? What exactly do they mean? Entirely not possible as no way exist?

XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA
hit ThAnKs if I was helpful!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381918954886.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381918954886.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt

I really don't understand why you are acting like this.. Can't you just keep this conversation in a nice way? I am just telling about a fact - and I might be wrong - but I didn't attack you and even when you have another opinion like me or when I'm mistaken here, there's no reason to be impolite. So why do you take my comments as an personal attack? Stay nice, and I'm sorry if I made you feel being attacked, this wasn't my intention.

I am referring to some posts like these:

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/15008-motorola-bootloaders-cracked/page-4#entry242831

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44501801&postcount=145

Other devs like Hash code confirmed this statement, also that Motorola employee who talked to me about one year ago.

Let's avoid any conversation like it was before and keep in mind that I didn't attack anyone! Just respect my opinion like I respect yours without becoming rude and let's go to the next point. I opened a request in our G+ group (where you are gladly invited to join if you like). Here's the conversation:

https://plus.google.com/114307180150741549400/posts/CmvJyM52Rux

I'd suggest to dig into this a little bit deeper. Be nice :)

Edit: And Eid Mubarak afterwards, by the way :)

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Ok. This is an option.. But where to dig? As vast as the internet is, i can't hardly believe solution is not floating around... Removed solution from phones? What exactly do they mean? Entirely not possible as no way exist?

XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA
hit ThAnKs if I was helpful!!!

And this point is also interesting and worth to track further. Let's see what we can find..

Last edited:
Reactions: Semseddin
Hello dtrail1,

Thanks for the g+ invitation but i am sorry to say that i don't use G+ it's disabled. I also don't use other social sites except MotoModTR, my local TurkisH mtorola modding forum and here. We are used to use from the oldest taughest to the newest delighful of motorola phones through times and i have always seen a way for RSA hacking and having the chance of modding a low level tuned device. So, i think we can have an unlocked bootloader. We should have.

In your posts you queted SamueLH who said in his posts it's either the efuse or motorola rsa sign key or a tool for direct bootloader unlock. That's what i am trying to do with all of these web wandering for information and sharing new stuff for the cause. Bootloader flasher from sdcard recovery is a good idea and it could bring an unlocked enverioment instead of a locked one. I don't think you should feel that i personally attack you when postiing but each time we come to a point (efuse) where there're no chance of bootloader being unlocked. I'm after a bootloader unlock for this device for real. I mean instead of helping and processing these new stuff, it is easy to say they mean nothingi. I think people with enough know-how unlock the omap4 bootloader easily.I might have sounded rude for i had no intention to do so. Sorry if you felt offended that way.

Eid Mubarek.

XploitMachine

May 28, 2012
Mumbai
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
Hello dtrail1,

Thanks for the g+ invitation but i am sorry to say that i don't use G+ it's disabled. I also don't use other social sites except MotoModTR, my local TurkisH mtorola modding forum and here. We are used to use from the oldest taughest to the newest delighful of motorola phones through times and i have always seen a way for RSA hacking and having the chance of modding a low level tuned device. So, i think we can have an unlocked bootloader. We should have.

In your posts you queted SamueLH who said in his posts it's either the efuse or motorola rsa sign key or a tool for direct bootloader unlock. That's what i am trying to do with all of these web wandering for information and sharing new stuff for the cause. Bootloader flasher from sdcard recovery is a good idea and it could bring an unlocked enverioment instead of a locked one. I don't think you should feel that i personally attack you when postiing but each time we come to a point (efuse) where there're no chance of bootloader being unlocked. I'm after a bootloader unlock for this device for real. I mean instead of helping and processing these new stuff, it is easy to say they mean nothingi. I think people with enough know-how unlock the omap4 bootloader easily.I might have sounded rude for i had no intention to do so. Sorry if you felt offended that way.

Eid Mubarek.

I appreciate your efforts for the project of Bootloader Unlock of OMAP4 devices. I myself use Atrix 2 MB865, and was quite interested to see this thread. I saw some files posted by you: http://de.sourceforge.jp/projects/sfnet_xt910.motorola/

Out of that, the last one i.e., "motorola_security_moto_crypto.tgz" seems to have some sort of keys.

So, is it possible to make a raw a Bootloader and sign it with this keys somehow and make the device to boot it (by adb commands to flash boot.img or similar thing) ? This might save the trouble of BL unlocking, I hope.
I know this might have been tried and the device can get bricked, but is it still possible?

Last edited:
Lets hope it will happen one day. Devs will process these files one day for the razr and we would eventually get an unlocked bootloader or similar one with rsa keys. Remember all XT910 and XT912 is EOL'd.So it is End of life for warranty claims, production ended for the device in its factory. Motorola doesn't seem to be care for it otherwise how i could find these files. I mean look at the filenames, when i saw these files, i thought of " come and unlock my bootloader with these rsa keys and all other omap4 motorolas. " :D

Reactions: By.TRabZonLu™

zakk87

Sep 3, 2010
I contacted yesterday Nicole Summers from Motorola and she said that they will not share tools for unlock bootloader for now because XT910 Developer Edition is still available for sale and it's very risky. But she said that anyone can unlock bootloader. I don't know what it means.
Of course she transfered request for tools to the Motorola Team.
Maybe we must all asking about unlocking BL and wait. But @Semseddin don't give up. Be a savior for uor EOL RAZR.
cheers

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
I contacted yesterday Nicole Summers from Motorola and she said that they will not share tools for unlock bootloader for now because XT910 Developer Edition is still available for sale and it's very risky. But she said that anyone can unlock bootloader. I don't know what it means.
Of course she transfered request for tools to the Motorola Team.
Maybe we must all asking about unlocking BL and wait. But @Semseddin don't give up. Be a savior for uor EOL RAZR.
cheers

She means the dev edition I guess.

Semseddin, thx for clrification and your effort on this topic! I will also dig deeper and support it in any way. :)

I could get some more info about the the Moto crypto files. I checked the sources and asked someone more skilled, they are even for kernel signature validation checks - but nothing with bootloader :(

Motorola would never share their RSA keys on a public place, that's for sure, and I guess you guys can confirm this - if they would do so, then after the RAZR becomes an old device, just like they unlocked the Xoom devices after a few years. But let's see, maybe we're getting suprised, who knows? ;)

And let's also check the other method Hashcode mentioned (sdcard bootloader).

Reactions: iucidium

Crumplet

Sep 20, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Ok so i am trying to dig into my situation, i bought this phone from this link http://www.amazon.com/MOTOROLA-3300mAh-UNLOCKED-Generation-Products/dp/B0081CXN5I/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t and it says factory unlocked.And ATM i am trying to find out is it is just GSM unlocked or Bootloader unlocked.If it is bootloader unlocked and not a developer edition then how did they unlock it?I will update soon as i here more about this.Maybe if it is the bootloader unlocked and not a developer edition then maybe we can contact this private company for the details cause we could per-sway them to give up the details and in-return promote this old phone on amazon to sell for more.HEHEHEHE

Well bad news it came with ics on it and since i updated to jellybean i am not sure if it erased the unlock if i did have one.Also in ap fastboot it says my device is locked.

Last edited:

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
Update seems this phone NON-developer edition is unlocked bootloader.However i lost it when i updated to jellybean i guess.Follow my updates via this link.http://www.amazon.com/this-phones-b...1US5730WWTK9N&newContentNum=1#Mx2WBCUA9E6QXN7

I can remember similar cases in Germany where some unlockable phones where accidently shipped for retail by Motorola (not dev edition).

You could/can check it "fastboot oem unlock" command.

Crumplet

Sep 20, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
I can remember similar cases in Germany where some unlockable phones where accidently shipped for retail by Motorola (not dev edition).

You could/can check it "fastboot oem unlock" command.

I will look into this.Either way would this situation at all help unlocking other droid razrs by me providing any info or file?

I also read this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410302 that only certain bootloader ver. are unlock able, and that someone else lost unlock when updating their OS from a gingerbread ver. same as me i am guess from ics to jellybean.I also tried to get my DEVICE ID using "$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data" so i could try the dev unlock from moto but the command was not recognized.C:\Users\Poop\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130917\sdk\platform-tools\$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data

I ran "fastboot oem unlock" and returned this
C:\Users\Poop\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130917
\sdk\platform-tools\fastboot oem unlock
(bootloader) fastboot oem unlock disabled!

FAILED (remote: )
finished. total time: 0.020s
So i am guessing it has been locked when i updated to jellybean.Let me ask this guy on amazon, can confirm if his device is unlocked or not in ap fastboot.

Update.Looks like this phones GSM is unlocked and bootloader locked.

Last edited:

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
I will look into this.Either way would this situation at all help unlocking other droid razrs by me providing any info or file?

I also read this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410302 that only certain bootloader ver. are unlock able, and that someone else lost unlock when updating their OS from a gingerbread ver. same as me i am guess from ics to jellybean.I also tried to get my DEVICE ID using "$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data" so i could try the dev unlock from moto but the command was not recognized.C:\Users\Poop\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130917\sdk\platform-tools\$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data

I ran "fastboot oem unlock" and returned this
C:\Users\Poop\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130917
\sdk\platform-tools\fastboot oem unlock
(bootloader) fastboot oem unlock disabled!

FAILED (remote: )
finished. total time: 0.020s
So i am guessing it has been locked when i updated to jellybean.Let me ask this guy on amazon, can confirm if his device is unlocked or not in ap fastboot.

Update.Looks like this phones GSM is unlocked and bootloader locked.

Yes, this is the common case :/ - Sadly -
If someone else notices his bootloader is unlocked (like Heblu) he can update the OS while keeping his bootloader unlocked, by just bypassing CDT flash - an unlocked bootloader won't prevent newer OS from loading. However, remember this woman from Moto who said that every bootloader is unlockable? Yes, that's tru. EVERY bootloader can be unlocked by the right keys - but getting these keys is very hard I guess. And a common unlock command is locked for most phones. Getting the bootloader to load an boot.img from the sdcard would be great and maybe more easy...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    chat with moto/4.2/unlocked bootloader

here's a photo of the printed version of the chat. i did print it prematurely but there wasn't much else said beyond my question for documentation which of course they were unable to provide. sorry if it's difficult to read. you can just open photo and zoom as i'm sure you all already know cuz you're tech smart so i don't know why i said that lol
    So, What's the difference between a locked and a unlocked bootloader?

The difference is that a locked bootloader will alaways check the partition signatures for Moto's signature, especially the following partitions:

• boot
    • recovery
    • cdrom
    • cid

This results in cases of flashing something to these partitions, like a kernel, the bootloader will prevent any flashing process in the case that the boot.img has no Moto signature.

In example: If the system partition would have been checked for signatures by the bootloader we wouldn't be able to flash any custom rom to the device.
    Also the recovery partition is controlled/checked by the bootloader, that's why we cannot flash a common CWM to our device - our solution is a hijacked recovery, where the hijack is being executed on boot to load the recovery instead of booting into the system. The recovery itself is laying on another partition, like /pds or somewhere in /system (i.e. /system/bmm)

An unlocked bootloader won't check any signatures which allows to flash everything to any partition. The benefits of this are the use of common custom recoveries and flashing custom kernels to the boot partition. The biggest disadvantage of an unlocked bootloader is that it's potentially simple to HARD brick your device - just by flashing a wrong boot.img or something which changes the partition tables (e.g. when accidently flashing a rom from another device) in example.

So we are safe in some ways by having a locked bootloader - and also catched by less possibities. Kexec doesn't make any difference between the use of a custom kernel loaded from the boot partition or loaded from somewhere else by a kernel module. The way the kernel works is affected by its code - If our bootloader were unlocked and we could flash JBX-Kernel directly to the boot partition - it would have exactly the same problems without any further difference - Thanks to Moto's closed source driver parts like ducati, etc. THis is what I always try to explain, but I am not against a unlocked bootloader of course ;) But I think it's almost impossible to crack the bootloader or its RSA keys, but more simple to try a SDCARD custom bootloader. However, maybe it would be an idea to create a bounty for much more skilled kernel devs - even when Hashcode & co are leaving OMAP support - or someone who is able to crack, decrypt or leak Moto's closed source drivers as full open sources. If we had these we could make a fully working custom kernel experience - independant of the bootloader. I'm sure this fact can be confirmed by every experienced dev.

Kexec itself is working great. It just let the kexec kernel takeover and throws the stock kernel comnpletely out off the kernel memory so we have the full amount of ram free for use. Everything else which follows after booting the kexec kernel is dependant on the kernel itself, and has nothing more to do with kexec because after the kernel is loaded and starts booting, kexec's work is done.

I wish I had help by skilled and experienced kernel devs, so we could fix these last few issues.
    Awesome idea, if we could get this done, we would have so much power! :3

It wouldn't change that much. The sources are still the same, the drivers are still the same and Moto will not release any closed source driver code - even when the bootloader is unlocked! I don't know why people don't believe it, but even when the bootloader is unlocked, the problems will be exactly the same. One difference is for sure: with unlocked bootloader it's much more easier to hard brick your RAZR.

On kexec we reached a real stable state finally. Full HD video recording has been fixed! Only thing to fix is hdmi now... Oh, and let's say the bootloader suddenly is unlocked: hdmi still won't work - because an unlocked bootloader doesn't make any difference to the sources and drivers we have to play with.

To explain it again: kexec is only a function which drops the stock kernel out of memory and loads the custom kernel. From that point there's no more difference to an unlocked bootloader. On unlocked device the kernel could be loaded from its partition instead of system. Therefore the HWMOD setup can be reverted back to original configuration, on kexec it's tricky to get UARTs loading correctly and it's more difficult to get the apanic label working correctly but this only affects the kernel logs and these can be grabbed by UART in example, but that's all. So except the HWMOD setup the kernel is absolutely the same, depending on related developer and what kind of features her builds into it. And unfortunately we don't have many developers anymore - and they won't come back when the bootloader gets unlocked. Be happy with what we got for our device! There's always the latest Android version available, we have custom kernel and tons of mods and other stuff which is almost up to date!
    Otherwise use stock or try learning development and throw your 2 cents if you like to improve something :)
    I don't see any progress here and I don't believe in Moto doing anything for this anymore.
    If you don't believe in kexec, just try it! Latest CM11 has 1080p video cam, if you want more customization, use latest JBX kernel (from CF mirror in test folder) with CM11. For those who don't need 1080p and can live with 720p but likes a real stable Rom and stable kernel use slimKat with latest JBX release in example. :)

Adding your name in the OP, tydiamond11. Thanks for the donation. Any amount of donations would help. 1000 USD could be a fair prize in return for the job done IMHO.What do you guys think about the bounty goal? The name of the baby is a question and we all as a community should put our hands into our pocket this time if we really want bootloader unlock. Our phone XT910 and XT912 are EOL'd (end of life) but still much better than many phones selling today. Believe me in this, i sell all brands and new phones as a part of my job. It is a piece of hardware with lacking software support for recent android versions IMHO. It is buried with 4.1.2 version by motorola. Google directed new motorola will not update it. So ,an unlocked bootloader for xt910 and xt912 would bring many new developers deving for our device since it is popular. Imagine stable cm11 in DROID RAZR MAXX with stable KitKat android.

Currently starting to work on KitKat project...

I am not sure about that many devs would come back to the RAZR when it gets its bootloader unlocked - since Kexec is working I thought at least some good devs would come back - but they didn't. I guess they left our device because of the bootloader lock - and Kexec came too late a little. Let's hope that we can work some out (whether it's a bootloader unlock or not) - and I try to keep the current working devs on the projects ;)
    However, I still don't know what kind of benefits an unlocked bootloader should give to us. Kexec allows us to boot custom kernels - and all issues on kexec are NOT related to the bootloader thing. What differences are related to this? Well, an unlocked bootloader would allow us to flash the custom kernel directly to the boot partition and replace the stock kernel - but the issues would be the same - as long as they're not getting fixed by the developers (Yes, I know, I'm one of them.. :) But me I'm not a "master dev" and I still have to learn a lot about this stuff). What else? We could modify the baseband - if we had sources for it (what we don't have, baseband is closed source :( ) - but this means in fact we could edit, replace, flash ANY device partition, but is this really an advantage? Not at all! It would be much easier to totally hardbrick the device (there would be no way back, no fastboot/RSD unbrick solution if any partition would be broken by wrong flashed images or sth).
    What more? Well, one real advantage would be the ability of custom recoveries installable to the recovery partition! We could have SS/BMM replacing the stock recovery which would let us get rid of the SS/BMM splashscreen (but is this really important/necessary?). If this was the case we probably never would have got such great multi-boot recoveries we have now, just because devs would have built existing recovries like TWRP, CWM, etx to our device and the only ability of having multi-boot support would be similar to Siyah- or Dorimanx-Kernel-like dual boot support (which is kinda buggy and really not compatible to all combinations of roms. I know these common problems from the SGS2 in example, where Dori supports dual boot, but it doesn't work in combo with AOSP roms + Stock(-based) rom and others! Or Sammy-AOSP roms cannot work if you have AOKP on the other rom slort installed (because the dual boot slots are not fully seperated and are using some "shared depencies". Genious Hashcode or Whirleyes even would not have been put all their knowledge and research into the production of such great recoveries like Safestrap and Bootmenu - which allows us to have up to 6(!!!) roms istalled at the same time, independant of what kind of roms you use on your slots!
    What more can I say? Yes, another benefit would have been that we weren't forced to research kexec boot and hack the device over a period of almost 2 years until we got the first custom kernel booted and running! (I don't mean myself when I say "we", as I didn't produce anything on the actual kexec hack! I just took the chance to develop the first real customized kernel for the RAZR when we were able to boot such things!). So we porbably would still have more great devs developing for the RAZR and also there would exist more rom projects because many devs wouldn't have been sold their RAZR - what most of them did when they realized Moto would not unlock the bootloader! And when kexec became ready and usable, the "big selling" was already over! Thanks Moto, for making us loosing many great devs to other manufacturer's devices, and loosing many nice projects for our phone!

Ok, but besides these things, all current issues on Kexec roms would also exist with a unlocked bootloader - except someone more skilled would fix them! (And additionally to my last statement above I think we would have more of these bugs fixed already because more devs would still develop for the RAZR in case Moto would have unlocked the bootloader two years ago).

But now back to reality! Also when kexec came "kinda late" - when many devs already left - we really have a lot of nice projects been realized for the RAZR - and also there are still some great devs, while also some still join the RAZR and spend their sparetime to bring us nice roms, apps and whatever else too. Let's be thankful for what we got so far, and let's hope we will always get the latest updates and that always someone's there and not leaving our great device alone! I want to take the chance here and throw a big "THANK YOU" again to everyone who provides or provided any stuff to us and our phone!

I would of course welcome a bootloader unlock - but on the other hand, I guess it wouldn't bring us all the great devs back who left the RAZR because of the bootloader lock. For me it doesn't matter anymore. I will not leave the RAZR scene soon, and I will give my best to fix those bugs I am able to repair. Now that I am SlimRom maintainer for OMAPs (unofficial) I am also working more on rom side bugs - and also continue fixing the JBX-Kernel and probably a newer stock base kernel for kexec. (Right now I am finally fixing and adding the RAZR's CPU temp sensor and thermal framework, which is part of the device but not used until now - so another fix is coming up soon and making it better..). Hang on and/or stay tuned! ;)

Also a BIG THANK YOU to the nice community here on XDA! Without you all these things would never be happended!