Minor Annoyances about HTC and ATT!

Search This thread

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
I can't deal with AT&T anything on my phone, so when I got my AT&T M8 a couple days ago ($360 for a sealed in box new 32GB on Craigslist... hell yeah), I immediately bootloader unlocked, s-offed, and did a complete conversion to an Unlocked / Developer Edition. Feels good to be getting OTAs directly from HTC now and having absolutely no AT&T junk in the ROM.

Before I did the conversion, I saw that AT&T has replaced HTC / Google's phone setup process with their own POS that was designed by a complete Android noob developer. The ****? I will NEVER buy an AT&T phone that doesn't have the ability to be converted to an unlocked version.

Last edited:

kgbkny

Aug 15, 2009
New York
I can't deal with AT&T anything on my phone, so when I got my AT&T M8 a couple days ago ($360 for a sealed in box new 32GB on Craigslist... hell yeah), I immediately bootloader unlocked, s-offed, and did a complete conversion to an Unlocked / Developer Edition. Feels good to be getting OTAs directly from HTC now and having absolutely no AT&T junk in the ROM.

Before I did the conversion, I saw that AT&T has replaced HTC / Google's phone setup process with their own POS that was designed by a complete Android noob developer. The ****? I will NEVER buy an AT&T phone that doesn't have the ability to be converted to an unlocked version.

Did you use the nandroid conversion method, or is there another method of which I'm not aware? I'd love to convert my AT&T M8 to a developer edition.

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
Reactions: kgbkny

Top Liked Posts