[Q] Google Now cannot be activated since KitKat upgrade

Search This thread

neoghio

Nov 24, 2010
Gibraltar
I've always been able to use Google Now on my Xperia Z1 on JB. I've updated it to the latest KitKat version and I can no longer activate Google Now. It says I need to activate Google Location Reporting and when I go to activate it, it says "Google Location Reporting is not available in my country."

Now I know Google love to block availability of products on a geographical basis, I.E USA only....

I just find it odd that it worked on JB and now they've locked it down in KitKat.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I've always been able to use Google Now on my Xperia Z1 on JB. I've updated it to the latest KitKat version and I can no longer activate Google Now. It says I need to activate Google Location Reporting and when I go to activate it, it says "Google Location Reporting is not available in my country."

Now I know Google love to block availability of products on a geographical basis, I.E USA only....

I just find it odd that it worked on JB and now they've locked it down in KitKat.

Change your language in google search. Go to voice then english then US. Should work.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
It's already set to US. Unfortunately doesn't seem to work.

Ah well then it's not going to work, i know the Z2 it doesn't work on either, as i've tried it.

Only launcher i've found it to work on from the homescreen is the Nexus 5 launcher, i've been using that launcher for some time now and have only come back to the Xperia one since the Z2 launcher was released, i've not upgraded to 4.4 yet, i'm going to allow the kinks to be ironed out.

If you click search then it'll let you use the ok google feature but wheres the fun in that