Perpetually Active Software - WeChat

Search This thread

chinarabbit

Dec 14, 2008
天下
WeChat is a fun and useful program that everyone I know uses... and I guess nobody cares about this issue but me, but its a serious issue

Wechat can never be prevented from launching on start up, even from Super User... no matter what, it just pops right back onto the list of start up applications immediately after its disabled

you can end the running process, end the cached process, use several task managers to prevent it from running or starting at boot.. but nothing ever works

and as soon as you get a message from someone, your phone message light starts blinking and a wechat icon appears in the taskbar.. even when there was no sign of the program even active at all

and i've found even worse violations from other chinese programs like tudou, youku, sohu, etc.. their programs will actually not start at boot, but suddenly appear with messages and news feeds in your information bar, and will even start downlaoding media to your phone without your permission

any idea how I can sever wechats malicious control & permissions violations and stop it from booting, and also prevent messages when the app hasnt been launched?

i've literally tried everything

thanks

-

diestarbucks

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 23, 2009
Greensboro
WeChat is a fun and useful program that everyone I know uses... and I guess nobody cares about this issue but me, but its a serious issue

Wechat can never be prevented from launching on start up, even from Super User... no matter what, it just pops right back onto the list of start up applications immediately after its disabled

you can end the running process, end the cached process, use several task managers to prevent it from running or starting at boot.. but nothing ever works

and as soon as you get a message from someone, your phone message light starts blinking and a wechat icon appears in the taskbar.. even when there was no sign of the program even active at all

and i've found even worse violations from other chinese programs like tudou, youku, sohu, etc.. their programs will actually not start at boot, but suddenly appear with messages and news feeds in your information bar, and will even start downlaoding media to your phone without your permission

any idea how I can sever wechats malicious control & permissions violations and stop it from booting, and also prevent messages when the app hasnt been launched?

i've literally tried everything

thanks

-

Don't use whatever "wechat" is?

chinarabbit

Dec 14, 2008
天下
Don't use whatever "wechat" is?

if only...

everything is blocked in China, no facebook, no twits, no anything

wechat is the one tool i can connect with all the people I know.. and literally every single person in China uses it..

a lot of my overseas friends in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and North America also use it too, because they know or have known people in China

so.. I'll keep using it anyway, since its the main use for my phone anyway.. but I'd like to break free from its grasp a bit

I feel its a Government spy program, but private manufacturers in China are equally as deliberately intrusive & invasive programmers, so who knows

its from Tencent, the company which gained infamy for its unremovable Tencent QQ toolbar virus for windows

i hate the company, but need the program, unfortunately