Who is going to leave Sprint after contract is up?

Search This thread

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Ive been a long time sprint customer bring 5 lines over from at&tvand ive had enough of sprint. I just experienced the worst customer service yesterday. After they charged me $100 over on my current phone bill, it took me 2-3 disconnects, 2 supervisors and lots of frustration to fix it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

I have to ask. Why did your sprint bill go up $100?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

fsalazar504

Aug 5, 2010
I have to ask. Why did your sprint bill go up $100?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Someone on our family plan upgraded to gs4. Some how their line becomes it's own family plan and placed into our family plan bill. Never had an issue upgrading a phone before but that's what happened and the nightmare began just trying to fix that issue in the first place. Basically lots of hangups and miss communications.

To add, I understand everyone has their own experiences and opinions about sprint and their service, this is just my own and thought I would share. If I sounded like I was just whining I apologize, sometimes people need to let things out and this is a way I saw to release said frustration.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

lvpre

Jun 23, 2011
Someone on our family plan upgraded to gs4. Some how their line becomes it's own family plan and placed into our family plan bill. Never had an issue upgrading a phone before but that's what happened and the nightmare began just trying to fix that issue in the first place. Basically lots of hangups and miss communications.

To add, I understand everyone has their own experiences and opinions about sprint and their service, this is just my own and thought I would share. If I sounded like I was just whining I apologize, sometimes people need to let things out and this is a way I saw to release said frustration.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Was that because of the new plans? I thought they were still going to honor the old plans for a while on upgrades?

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 2

EndlessDissent

Oct 18, 2010
Chicago
In my area 3g speeds are shown below as for Sprint having latest phones wondering why they didn't get xperia z or any high end Nokia phones . May be it is due to exclusive deals phone companies do with carriers and Sprint doesnt have that much pull compared to att and Verizon .

Sprint doesn't get the new Sony phones because Sony makes their phones exclusively for GSM networks. Verizon doesn't get them either. It has nothing to do with Sprint's corporate presence.

As for Nokia, IDK. I don't really care, either, until they start using a Linux OS in their phones. But that's beside the point. Nokia has just been in love with bad business decisions since Elop took over.

Advntrous1

Apr 14, 2011
www.copshelpcops.com
Well I will say I thought the grass was greener on the other side. While my wife and I have sprint, other members of my family have Verizon. We all live on Long Island in New York. It seems because of Hurricane sandy, we all have crappy service. While talking to a sprint representative, I did find out that by years end sprint is involved and making sure it has a lot more 4G towers up and running. Of course I'll believe it when I see it.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I just got my bill and there was another Admistrative increase!!!! This time 50%!! I am on the phone daily complaining. Everyone should do this. Don't waste your time on the chat as they have absolutely no power and are monkeys reading from a manual. Beg that they shut down the chat department and use that money for the increases.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Follow up...after 20 minutes of arguing today, escalating the call, saying is really all this worth the $25 you will get from me until my contract on both phones run out, she said hold on.....I credited your account with $25. Squeeky wheel.....we have to make a stand about these mid contract increases.

Feb 20, 2012
Newport News, VA
Yea well Verizon or att are looking a lot better the more and more I think about it. Atleast their coverage and speeds are dead on and fast in my area. Sprints 4g is so spotty and speeds are inconsistent. Then I buy my s3 at best buy and they asked if I wanted their insurance and I told them I was interested but wanted to think about it. Well they canceled my sprint insurance, never gave me theirs, so when I cracked the screen 3 months later and went to make a claim it took an act of Congress to find out why my insurance was dropped and then they refused for a week to admit that the problem was out of my control and not my fault and reactivate my insurance. It took threatening to cancel my account on the spot for them to let me make a claim for $50 to get a new phone. All in all I should have just got best buy insurance anyways. $10 a month and no deductible.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

smartguy10

Jan 13, 2011
I am also hoping that by end of the year service will improve in NJ/pa area .
Its great that Sprint offers unlimited but cannot use it as its too slow to stream music or video..

jeremy112683

Jan 10, 2011
i was going to switch, but 4G finally arrived in my area, and i think i just changed my mind... unlimited 4G is GREAT

RedheadTarn

Aug 24, 2011
Colorado Springs
I live in central Colorado, have NEVER had wimax, and no plans for LTE here anytime soon. However, unlimited data is unlimited data, and I go through about 9-12 gb / month. Speeds are fast enough to watch movies if I give it 10-15 min off buffer time.

A Modern Viking sailing on a Galactic S3a

Scarletspydr

Jan 11, 2012
Virginia Beach
I'm staying... again.

I here a lot of people talking about just how terrible Sprint service is (myself included). I wanted to know how many of you are thinking of leaving Sprint to go to Verizon, AT&T, etc. I definitely know that I will be switching to Verizon after my 2 year contract is up. I love the SGS3 but hate the service. So...who's with me? lol

I have had Sprint for 13 years now. Since I turned 18 in 2000. They have always treated me well and fixed any problems much faster than I expected. I worked in RadioShack for a number of years and had employee lines through other companies like AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile, but I always kept my sprint phone. Will keep it for a long time to come.

And like others have said, Unlimited data is great. And I have LTE in my area. I couldn't afford to use my phone the way I do on any other carrier.

Last edited:
Reactions: flastnoles11

Aramyst

Apr 28, 2013
Sioux Falls
Staying

Yeah I think I'm going to stay. Granted their "3G" is pretty awful, but they are expanding their 4g to quite a lot of places (mine included) early next year, plus unlimited with no restrictions data is too good to pass up. I hate having to monitor my data on a phone I pay 100+ for every month.

lvpre

Jun 23, 2011
Yeah I think I'm going to stay. Granted their "3G" is pretty awful, but they are expanding their 4g to quite a lot of places (mine included) early next year, plus unlimited with no restrictions data is too good to pass up. I hate having to monitor my data on a phone I pay 100+ for every month.

How do you pay 100+ every month? The new plans are 70 or 80. You should switch, I believe they will let you switch without extending your contract.

carrilloevo

Nov 3, 2010
denver
How do you pay 100+ every month? The new plans are 70 or 80. You should switch, I believe they will let you switch without extending your contract.

He's saying that he wouldn't be happy paying 100+ with Verizon or at&t, and have to make sure he doesn't go over his data limits

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: lvpre

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Never. The service is serviceable but the unlimited data for the price is unbeatable.

Sprint's network is still going to be ****. Even LTE areas are not that great speed wise. Sprint's thing is always promise, promise, promise and then under deliver. I'll be moving to T-Mobile on Friday. So long ****ty network that is still mostly horrible 3G at damn near 56k speeds. I've already seen the LTE network turn to **** within months going from 20mbps+ to 3-5 consistently. They just don't have the infrastructure to support a healthy network for data. Now with T-Mobile's lower prices there is no reason to go to Sprint unless you just don't get T-Mobile coverage.

Just out of curiosity.. what promises did Sprint make? Find me an official press release or anything of that sort in reference to a promise made.

For the record, everyone seems to forget that Sprint isn't just adding LTE like AT&T/VZW did. It's an ENTIRE network rebuild. Do some of you think that these things happen overnight and are financed by magical dollars?
    I've decided to leave Sprint. After years of seeing crap like this "Sprint reports quarterly net loss of $643 million, sees iPhone sales drop by a third", I have realized that I can't deal with it any longer. T-Mobile will be my next carrier and I will be getting the S4 (32gb) on it.
    Well every area is different. In the Dallas area Sprint is a joke as far as data speeds. Slowest 3G and slowest LTE now in the few areas that have it. I don't know anyone that is on Sprint and that are actually happy with it.

You do now, in very happy with sprint, i pay a tiny bill for 3 lines (less than 80) and get speeds fast enough to tether the ps3 for Netflix and games and anything else i want, can't complain at all

“It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."” ― David Brin
    The line about Sprint doesn't get latest phones is untrue. They also actually lead in US carriers in getting updates out their phones quicker than most others. Again they are doing a complete Nationwide revamp of their network and adding new LTE. This doesn't occur overnight and takes several years to finalize. I can say that the new network upgrades are amazing and I love them. I have been on their network Vision for almost a year and it's great. But it's understandable that there are pockets an areas that the upgrades will take longer and some areas which may never get good coverage from Sprint as there are areas that other carriers have bad coverage in as well. There's a lot of politics involved in where towers get put up and in who gets to put them up. As a smart consumer you need to know which providers will have the better coverage in the area you live. But to generalize as a whole is just not correct.

Sent from the future via Tapatalk 4