** note 2 - n7100 - bootloader guide **

Search This thread

thehawk73

Apr 1, 2008
Roma
Hi friend, I'm going to flash a rom (Eclipse V7) based on KitKat 4.4.4 .
Which bootloader I need to flash before the custom rom ?
On my note now I have 4.1.2 Custom rom (Wanamlite) with XXDME6 bootloader.

Thanks

Luke T. Kirk

Nov 1, 2015
So i flashed dittonote 4.4 rom and i cant boot into any other rom. Any help? I tried odin flashing the new bootloader but eh that didnt work out

david.lynch

Apr 14, 2013
Mirrors, anyone, please? Looking for the latest nd3 bootloader. Thanks.

Edit: already got it working and with latest bootloader and modem, QA8, by flashing the latest Italy stock.

Last edited:

daniothe1

Jun 1, 2015
Hi guys u guys are very helpful to each others :cowboy:
My problem is I having n7100 bought in China(somebody bring from there) I don't know which version I tried to install cynogen os year back successful done after bored with CM10 then I installed N7105 CM12 successful then t889 version CM13 (I LOST IMEI) I tired to fix IMEI but fails..
Now I tried stock ROM t889 successfully installed i got my IMEI back but T mobile locked SIM :(
Now can i install international stock ROM ?
Which bootloader I have to install?
Now I want my phone back to work
What to do which is best?
My bootloader mk7

Thank you everyone ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction to the thread
    I have the intt. note 2 - n7100 and i had not updated it for a very long time due to laziness of mine and i was still with the stock 4.1.2 stock, rooted , twrp and superSU installed. I recently decided to update my phone to either 4.3/4.4.2 , so i researched a bit and came to know about the bootloader confusion among several note 2 users. i also found out all the information was scattered and consumed a lot of time to grasp all the information . So i decided to make this thread to help other user and save their time.

What is a bootlader?
    It is the first piece of code that is excuted and it boots the O.S into the ram.

How to identify ur bootloader version?
    One can find bootloader version with this "INFO APP" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.info , u will find it under the "OPERATING SYSTEM" option.

How does samsung no the bootloader version?
    They are named alphabetically . So nd3 is the newest followed by mj 5 and oldest being the lk6 . Also this is only a random order there are many in between version which have been released , but i am giving a general view

NOW COMES THE IMPORATANT STUFF

There are two types of bootloader for note 2
    1-Non-knoxed bootlader- these are bootlader earlier to version mj5 including the mj5 version
    2 -Knoxed bootlader- these are the one released after mj5
    ]

what is knox all about?
    It is according to samsung the "latest security feature which protect ur device. basically a normal user should only know that it to keep check on those who modify their device .
    the knox has a number counter which gets from default 0*0 to 0*1 if any ony tries to modify their device by either rooting or flashing custom stuff like rom or any custom recovery.

FOR USER UNDER WARRANTY/ OR WHO CARE FOR WARRANTY - should see that they do not upgrade to newer than mj5 otherwise they will have a knoxed bootlader and it will increse the counter if u try to modify it and so ur warranty will be void.

a)Recommended for Touchwis based
    - 4.1.2 - whatever stock b.l version u are having is fine
    4.3.x - mj5 (to avoid wifi issues plz flash mj5 anything lower than that will cause wifi issues)
    4.4.x - mj5 (but u wont be able to charge ur phone will its swithched off){if u want to charge ur phone while its switched off u . have to flash latest nd3 b.l but that will void ur warranty}
    b)Recommended for AOKP, CM ,PACMAN , paranoid ..........
    4.1.2 , 4.3.x ,4.4.x - mj5 will work with all rom of all verion

FOR USER WHOSE WARRANTY PERIOD IS OVER / OR WHO DO NOT CARE FOR WARRANTY - u can flash any bootloader upto the latest which being the nd3 one.

a)Recommended for touchwis based
    - 4.1.2 - whatever stock b.l version u are having is fine
    4.3.x - mj5 (to avoid wifi issues plz flash mj5 anything lower than that will cause wifi issues)
    4.4.x - nd3(if u upgrade to nd3 u wont be able to downgrade to 4.1.2 rom , but u can still install 4.3 based rom)
    b)Recommended for AOKP, CM ,PACMAN, paranoid ..........
    4.1.2 , 4.3.x ,4.4.x - mj5 will work with all rom of all version

Rcommended recovery - twrp/philz
    Always update ur recovery to latest to avoid any issues

plz read all information above carefully i am not in anyway responsible for any damage to ur device. try at ur own risk.

press that thanks button if i helped u with this guide:highfive:​
    Useful links

Useful links-
    1- mj5 bootldoader -
    http://d-h.st/Wvp

2- How to flash bootlader
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46901976&postcount=741

3-Latest nd3 bootlader
    http://d-h.st/TQq

press that thanks button if i helped u finding the links:highfive:​
    reupload the link for bootloader
    8 bootloaders available here -> LINK
    Just go to settings>device info and look for build no. the last 2 alphabet and the followed no. tells u about the bootloader version. it could be lk6 or mj5 or nd3 or any thing else.

That's not the right info,one cannot know what bootloader they are on from about device menu.The build # you mentioned is the Firmware of the OS they are on.For bootloader info one needs to download phone info app samsung from playstore and in there one can check their bootloader version under "bootloader".
    Just go to settings>device info and look for build no. the last 2 alphabet and the followed no. tells u about the bootloader version. it could be lk6 or mj5 or nd3 or any thing else.

This information is wrong?

the last 2 numbers of the build number is not the bootloader.

Im on MJ5 bootloader and the build number is "ND3".

WmnW63L.png

edit: looks like singhpratik87 beat me to it