[Kernel] Rogue 1.4.3 "Rana" (Updated 11/20/11)

Search This thread

docangle

Feb 3, 2005
I am having a strange issue with this Kernel, when I reboot my device all of my widget disappear from my Home Screen (I am using the stock launcher), but my App Shortcuts remain. I am mostly using Beautiful Widgets (Super Clock 4 x 3), Stock Email and Calendar Widget and a Flashlight Widget.

This only started happening after I installed this Kernel, I have tried clearing Caches and re-adding them, but they still disappear on restart.

EYEramid

Jun 17, 2010
overclock

Using is OS monitor, it show that only one core is overclocked and the other is running at the lowest speed.
If I restart or change the overclocked speed it goes back to normal, both overclocked, but then a little bit later it goes back.
I've tried both variations of the kernal, both act the same.

Maybe just a glitch in OS moniter, I don't know?

sodaboy581

Jun 18, 2010
I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my XOOM or this kernel. I finally got around unlocking my bootloader and flashing this onto my 4G LTE XOOM.

I ran a Linpack (didn't run it on Stock kernel, though, so no comparison scores) and I'm getting 21.9 MFLOPS or so on the multi-thread @ 1.4ghz min/max and performance... single is about 12.5 MFLOPS :/

If I change my clock back to the default min/max 216/1000mhz, I get about 8.9 single thread, multi-thread about 15.3 MFLOPS.

Extremely bad... any ideas? What do other people get?

EDIT: Swapped to Tiamat kernel and getting 66.04 MFLOPS multithread... 39.581 single... this is at 216/1000mhz... when I went to 1.4ghz, I got 86.142... dunno why the Linpack scores weren't good for me on Rana...

Also running Quadrant on Rana won't even bother finishing the CPU tests.

Last edited:

CatfishKnight

Jan 14, 2011
Charge light toggle

I flashed this and I don't see anything different while charging or when fully charged.
What showed I be looking for?

CatfishKnight

Jan 14, 2011
Installed on Xoom a couple of days ago. Seems to be running at 1.7GHz just fine. Thank you for your hard work! :)

Yep, I installed it last week and my Quad score goes between 2700 to 2800.
and no problems so far.
I tried yesterday installing [KERNEL][AOSP]Tiamat Xoom 2.2.0 "Odachi" and it locked up into boot. I guess it works on his Rom he created.
Had to press power and volume up button to get out of it.
Then go into recovery and restore my previous saved image.
Whew. Close call.

Last edited:

saniauskis

Jun 21, 2011
Kaunas
I have quite strange issue. after installin this kernel i was using it for a month or so. everything was just fine. but yesterday my xoom died of empty battery. after that I have been stuck at m dual core logo. then i tried to reflash kernel and it worked. but battery is stuck on 100percent. so I decided restart xoom. it worked again. but battery is still stuck at 100.
anyone else with similar issue?
also factory reset/clearing cache/reflashing rom did not make any sense.

-p0rt3r-

Nov 7, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
Excellent work

Im running this on my Euro Xoom 3g with lowtraxx's Tiamat based on 3.2 localized for Europe. Excellent performance, 1.5Ghz OC rock solid.

Thank you guys, keep up the good work!

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

eatonjb, as far as I know this is Kernel designed for Motorola Xoom Tablets with 3.2.x . I dont think u gonna get this work under Gingerbread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo769.png

***Built for 3G/4G and Wifi-Only Xoom's running 3.2.0, 3.2.1, and 3.2.2.***

-Rogue v1.4.3-

Rana

Presented By-

TDR

Bazar6

Steady Hawkin

Install Instructions-

-Make a nandroid in your current recovery then proceed

-Download zip file from link below

-Place zip on Micro SDcard

-Reboot into existing recovery

-Choose install zip and select the Rogue Kernel

-Confirm file, wait for it to finish flashing, then reboot

-Enjoy the Rogue Glory!!!

Download's:

Kernel-

Rogue 1.4.3 Rana

or

Rogue 1.4.3 N Rana (Stock clocks for GPU and some other core clocks (sclk, hclk, vde)

Add On's-

Flash any of these after the kernel

USB WWAN

Charge Light Toggle

Source-

Can be found on Github- HERE

Thank You-

Bigrushdog

Coolbho3000

Solarnz

Kcrudup

Cybertronic

Donate to TDR HERE

Stay Tuned For Future Releases!!!
    Yes, were working on an updated kernel and recovery for ICS :D
    This link is for the modified updater-script. Just drop into the zip file to overwrite the current one.

All i have modified is the script to look for the 3.2.1 build.prop to install the 3.2 generic kernel - and changed the script to output 'found 3.2.1 - assuming generic 3.2'

Of course, I assume no liability - but three other users have used this and have had no problems. Just a great kernel with awesome features.

http://www.4shared.com/file/n-Yq_40d/updater-script.html

Be sure to hit thanks if i have helped you solve a problem :)
    -Partial Changelog-

1.4.3 Rana (Official Release)

+4G Xoom LoS fixed (synced patches from official Google/Moto source tree - Huge thank you to kcrudup!)
    +Some other upstream patches
    **Note: tun.ko module is now included with the kernel
    **Possible issue: Xoom may lock up if suspended with USB OTG HDD connected

1.4.1 Electra (Official Release)

-No more support for Android 3.1
    +Revamped installer, works on Android 3.2 and above (including Tiamat ROM 2.2.x)
    +SIO (Simple I/O) I/O scheduler by default (CFQ and noop also available)
    +SLQB (Queued Allocator) slab memory allocator
    +Update modem driver from Qualcomm source
    +Tegra framebuffer copy patch (via kcrudup)
    *Configuration update with support for 4G Xooms (NOTE: there are reports of problems with some VZW Xooms)
    *Fix tegra asm typo
    *Fix typo in MDM6600 driver (thanks kcrudup)

1.3.1 Arcturus (Official Release)

+Rogue branding
    +A bunch of upstream patches
    +Handle corner case of non-US Android 3.2
    +Added support for Android 3.2.2
    +Even more upstream patches (thanks kcrudup and solarnz)
    *Overhauled installation script (better detection of non-US Xooms, can force installation by toggling script asserts)
    **Android 3.1 support is frozen and will be removed in future releases
    -Special Instructions-

This version of Rogue comes packed with a maximum CPU frequency of 1.7GHz and user adjustable voltages for each frequency. Use these features responsibly! Do not select "Set on boot" unless you are confident the settings you chose are stable! Always make backups!

How to use the voltage control:

The stock frequencies and voltages in a kernel are not optimal for everyone. Userspace voltage control lets you either 'undervolt' (to save power) or 'overvolt' (to try and stabilize) any given CPU frequency to meet your needs.

Undervolting-

The easiest way to adjust these voltages is by using the app "Pimp my Cpu", available either from the Market or xda ([APP] 24 June 2011 : Pimp My Cpu 3.0 (OC/UV kernel control tool) - xda-developers). This app will let you to set an undervolt amount for each possible frequency, as well as fill some of the basic overclocking roles of a tool like SetCPU or Droid Overclock.
    Note: at this moment, the app "Voltage Control" is not compatible with Launchpad 1.2.0.

Overvolting-

Unfortunately, Pimp my Cpu does not do overvolting, so you need to execute a shell command to set an overvolt amount.
    Say for example 1600MHz isn't quite stable, and you want to give it a little help. From either adb shell or Terminal Emulator, execute the following commands:

su
    echo "0 -25 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table

The second line has a series of 13 numbers, mostly zeros. They represent the number of millivolts to subtract from the default voltage of each possible frequency, starting from the higest (1700MHz) to lowest (216MHz). So in the above example, we apply a negative 25 millivolt undervolt ( which transleted to a 25 millivolt overvolt) to the second fastest CPU frequency (1600MHz). Note that the minimum voltage is 770 millivolts and the maximum voltage is 1400 millivolts. If your new voltage exceeds these limits, it will not work.

Here is an example of bumping up 1500, just so you get how its done:

su
    echo "0 0 -25 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table

In Pimp my CPU, you will see the following as a result of the first command

mail