[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

btprice2001

Dec 26, 2006
Redondo Beach, CA
No I didn't try that. Instead I cooked a rom based on the leaked official rom deleting some things and adding some of Da_G's packages. I haven't had any issues so I'll probably stick with this for the time being.

Regarding the new manila version, it definitely seems quicker. I've noticed the animations when switching tabs have been minimized or removed (eg the envelope opening animation when switching to the email tab). This probably speeds things up quite a bit.

yatrg

May 17, 2006
Ohio
Just to bring back the screen turn off during call thing again; The thing I find most annoying is that it shuts it off even if I take the call on the headset. It should be smart enough to know that if I am using a headset, it is going to be very difficult to push a button with my ear...

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
@yatrg: general view for everyone I believe; seems like it's not going to be an 'easy' fix.

@Da_G: what tools do you use during your development (other than those in the Kitchen)? Looking to get some of these to do some exploring as well. I've been 'collecting' XDA threads as I go along but welcome any that you feel would be usefull. Thanks again for all your efforts ... very much appreciated!

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi guys, little busy today, grandma's birthday :) I'll be on the jorb later tonight!

Does it say what file is throwing the warning? I had one report of htcrt.exe, its a new version i dl directly from the author's site here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=311909 and i've checked that it matches up bit for bit with the download.. i'm not showing any issues on my end though :\

Hilaireg: Beyond Compare 3 is the nicest one, it's hex compare tool helps a ton.. EmEditor is great for searching through every file at once for registry settings (because registry is scattered amongst .rgus) CeRegEditor is great for directly opening an .hv, helps with comparing protected roms.. WinCe Cab Manager for making those awesome cabs :) That's all I can think of off the top of my head :)

I've been using my 6.5 ROM, so hadn't had a chance to verify the battery icon issue, but I flashed this kitchen today because I need my phone to work for a while - I see the issue now, i'll issue a fix for it tonight.

Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
@Da_G: Thanks you, appreciate the knowledge share ... hope I can do the same soon. Assume u god Grandma a brand TouchPro /w Da_G's kitchen on it right :)

@NotATreoFan: my A/V's were giving me all kinds of 'fun' until I added exclusions to their rules. So now I exclude the CustomRUU as well as a 'kitchen' folder on my HDD. As long as I don't pull a bonehead move and download something other than 'kitchen' related stuff in the folder ... should be fine ;)

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Does it say what file is throwing the warning? I had one report of htcrt.exe, its a new version i dl directly from the author's site here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=311909 and i've checked that it matches up bit for bit with the download.. i'm not showing any issues on my end though :\

In my case, it was CustomRUU.exe. Until today, my AV has never hit on this file. In order to download the kitchen, I had to disable my AV because as Firefox passed the RAR for scanning, ESET would block it.

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Something has a lock on your temp folder (you have a file in there open with a program) or something else is keeping it from deleting this folder (it has to be cleared before starting build process)

a reboot should take care of the issue.

lotion

Jun 1, 2006
Boston, MA
ICR doesn't seem to be working with the latest kitchen.

EDIT: Noticed a fix (haven't tested) posted on #332. Will report with results.

Last edited:

chrisjaffe

Oct 22, 2006
Sleep issue solved. (I think)

Re: HTCAPM, yes, it looks like this driver tries to determine if the phone is up to your ear, and triggers the backlight shutoff if it is.. it reads the registry keys under HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCAPM\Phone to set parameters for g-sensor values for 'left ear' and 'right ear'.. also a limit on the light sensor (probably a threshold, under x amount of light and within y bounds we are up to the right ear, disable backlight) simply removing the package from the rom may do the trick of disabling fast dormancy.. or you may have to remove it and also use the other registry settings.. but it does play a part :)

Ok so I finally had a chance to play with this and I think that I have had success. If you remove the HTC APM package from the OEM folder and flash the ROM it does not solve the problem. But if you then apply the NoSleep!!.cab file from this post...Success!

Edit: There is a side effect. APM also seems to control the smarttouch. Thanks NFSFAN.

EDIT 2: Ok so now I have it. If you set all of the registry values in the HTCAPM folder to 0 you get the same result and still can use SmartTouch. I'll try to make up a cab to do this and post it here shortly. Here is the key if you want to do it manually: HKLM/Software/HTC/HTCAPM/Phone. There are a bunch of values, set them all to 0.

Edit 3: Cab posted. This file includes the registry entries from the NoSleep!!.cab by shinobi_uk so there is no need to run both.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
cj

Attachments

• NoSleepAPM.cab
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,259
Last edited:

chrisjaffe

Oct 22, 2006
Anyone having issues with blinking shortcut icons with the new 5.05 kitchen? It is happening on my current unreleased beta, but only with programs installed from CAB post flash, and the blinking stops if you make the files read only. :confused:

No blinking icons here. Sorry:(

But I also run ESET NOD32 and I have gotten errors all of a sudden with the latest kitchens. I had to set an exclusion for the Da_G ROM kitchen folder. This is strange because I have never gotten a false positive with ESET before. I wonder if they have done something on their end.

Last edited: