[ROM] Android Open Kang Project | July 15 | Milestone 6

Search This thread

iwasblown

Sep 7, 2010
Set your screen off profiles to turn on in deep sleep and you screen on profiles to 192 min.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

baderfgt

I don't have a grasp either on which and when roms will have the auto market download happen. It happens to inconsistently and patternless.

Oh btw, another annoyance: can i remove my picasa albums from Gallery? wtf are they doing in there anyway? I have Google Photos sync off.

If you already set photo sync off, then just clear the data of the gallery app and open it again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: mettleh3d

mettleh3d

Oct 16, 2011
Is this a bug or intended? Would appreciate (THANKS BUTTON) anyone who could test with me!!!

Goto Settings > Rom Control > Power saver > Enabled

Screen Off > switch to 2G.

Delay > Immediate (no delay)

Now, Start playing music from Google Play Music or Apollo. Turn screen off. Turn screen back on in 30 seconds; is your data now E or H+? I always remain on H if I've music playing.

Thanks all!

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

Haha I lied when I said this.

I used rom manager to accidentally flash 5.2.0.6 or whatever, then I flashed .7 again. Just realized notifications haven't really worked since then, and a cache wipe cleared it right up.

Tdj, thank you for this godly zip.

Side note - its really frustrating how every time I do it, I lose all my xda app preferences

Edit - how were people getting around the "can't hit the install button of a side loaded apk issue"?

Trying to reinstall Apollo and its frustrating not being able to hit that button

Yeah I notice when using TDJs cache wipe XDA loses its settings. that seems strange but what do i know the inner workings of?

A reboot has often worked for not being able to press Install for side loaded apps

Im liking Apollo, its a decent alternative to Play Music because of its retarded "cant play track requested" issue. =_= sigh..

algorhythm

Dec 19, 2007
Long Island, NY
Is this a bug or intended? Would appreciate (THANKS BUTTON) anyone who could test with me!!!

Now, Start playing music from Google Play Music or Apollo. Turn screen off. Turn screen back on in 30 seconds; is your data now E or H+? I always remain on H if I've music playing.

Thanks all!

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

Yeah I notice when using TDJs cache wipe XDA loses its settings. that seems strange but what do i know the inner workings of?

A reboot has often worked for not being able to press Install for side loaded apps

Im liking Apollo, its a decent alternative to Play Music because of its retarded "cant play track requested" issue. =_= sigh..

Likely you are staying on HSPA because you are streaming data from play music.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

mettleh3d

Oct 16, 2011
Likely you are staying on HSPA because you are streaming data from play music.

No, using offline local storage only. who the heck actually streams music anyway? What a battery hog.

My guess is (actual guess as I have no coding experience), the Power Saver toggle enables when the phone enters deep sleep/screen off, but playing music keeps the phone awake and running at minimum clock speeds.

algorhythm

Dec 19, 2007
Long Island, NY
No, using offline local storage only. who the heck actually streams music anyway? What a battery hog.

My guess is (actual guess as I have no coding experience), the Power Saver toggle enables when the phone enters deep sleep/screen off, but playing music keeps the phone awake and running at minimum clock speeds.

Yeah that deep sleep part sounds right. I had power saver turn my 4g off and switch to 2G and it worked although I turned it off because the switch from 2g back to 4g was too slow for my liking.

rel500

Aug 4, 2009
Miami
How do u turn off the buttons lighting up when u receive a notification

Sent from my Sensation using xda app-developers app

FSUSeminole

Feb 15, 2011
Atlanta, GA
1. I don't have that many songs. I have a 16 gig and thats more than enough,
2. Doesn't streaming music use data? I use a lot without it and I hate being throttled

Not to mention a huge battery drain, and not everyone has strong enough service everywhere to stream music.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Does anyone have any experience with Google Play and "couldn't play track requested?" it seems to happen an awful lot and wiping media storage and Play Music doesn't solve
the issue immediately. takes a reboot and some time.

=/

Works fine for me - clean flash of Milestone 6 from 7/15. If you flashed Eugene or TDJ's kernel, that might be your issue. If you're using the stock kernel with the newest build, and have done a clean install... then maybe it is the AOKP kernel in the newest build?

new ion?

Jan 2, 2012
Victoria, BC

Thanks all!

I rebooted multiple times... ugh

Edit - used rom toolbox instead of root explorer nd it worked no problem.

Edit - well now my problem is that its showing music I no longer have... and the extra copies are now just errors instead of playing random tracks. Fml.

Cleared its data, force stopped... ughh

And now play music seems to want to work... if you give it a bit

And apparently only some songs.

Wtf.

Last edited:

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali
How do u turn off the buttons lighting up when u receive a notification

Sent from my Sensation using xda app-developers app

Go to system settings, then display then uncheck the bottom two
62ef49e5-e847-af53.jpg

Sent from AOKP Goodness :-D

Reactions: rel500

JaylanPHNX

Nov 16, 2010
I rebooted multiple times... ugh

Edit - used rom toolbox instead of root explorer nd it worked no problem.

Edit - well now my problem is that its showing music I no longer have... and the extra copies are now just errors instead of playing random tracks. Fml.

Cleared its data, force stopped... ughh

And now play music seems to want to work... if you give it a bit

And apparently only some songs.

Wtf.

If you're just playing locally stored music, why would anyone use Play Music? It's only plus is streaming. Everything else can be done better by a number of other players, but especially Power Amp.

Sent from my beastly Galaxy S 2.

datrapstar

Jun 26, 2012
Orange Tx
I use it instead of taking up insane gbs on my SD card. I'm talking every bit of over 12,000 song music library. If there was another way to do that pls share. I mostly wifi stream so its convinience. And the fact that I'm on the so called unlimited (5 gb) data pack its more of a convinience to me.

new ion?

Jan 2, 2012
Victoria, BC
I use it instead of taking up insane gbs on my SD card. I'm talking every bit of over 12,000 song music library. If there was another way to do that pls share. I mostly wifi stream so its convinience. And the fact that I'm on the so called unlimited (5 gb) data pack its more of a convinience to me.

Up here in canadia, we get a usual of 500MB data plan... for $50.

Streaming isn't really an option. Even wifi since Google music isn't anywhere outside of the USA.

mettleh3d

Oct 16, 2011
If you're just playing locally stored music, why would anyone use Play Music? It's only plus is streaming. Everything else can be done better by a number of other players, but especially Power Amp.

Sent from my beastly Galaxy S 2.

Play Music is a good app and it searches well and functions well (on lock screen and in notification bar).

You've gotta be ****ting me if you think I or anyone should pay money to play their own local music without problems.

Thanks and power amp isn't all that.

Reactions: LostInTheMuzik

snguyen0730

Nov 29, 2010
A few days ago some guy posted a themed sms and I just noticed I can't send mms after flashing it. It keep saying service not activated on network. I tried to delete the themed apk from system app to put back stock but it keep saying delete fail. Help?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SIV

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. flash Darkside Superwipe
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. flash Darkside Cachewipe
    7. reboot
    8. let phone sit for approximately 10 minutes
    9. reboot
    10. enjoy!
    downloads-4.png

You can find the latest release here

Flash gapps

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Roman
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Milestone 6 Hercules Specific Changes
    - Shows up to 4 signal bars now (Thanks to David Ferguson)
    - Noise suppression option in phone settings (enable for better in-call quality)
    - Enabled Samsung STK for sending MMS (I have no issues sending mms over wifi)
    - OC up to 1.8ghz (adjust in RC > performance settings; check apply at boot)
    - Probably more... will update as I remember :p
    Updated 0709
    - Fixed lag
    - Added NFC files back
    - Enabled Skia font rendering (nicer)
    - Under-the-hood stuff that most won't understand
    Updated 0714
    - Fix for notifications resetting headphone music volume to 0
    - Updated RC icons by kwes1020
    - Under-the-hood stuff
    Updated 0715
    - Updated kernel based off latest I717 source
    - OC/UV removed for now
    - HDMI should be working
    - Updated camera libs
    - hopefully volume bug fixed for real
    - added stupid data tweaks to shut everyone up
    - Burst mode array flipped to be inline with other options
    - Swagpapers from original M6 added back (two additional wallpapers)

STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW AND THINK ABOUT

1. This rom does not have wifi-calling and never will! If you want wifi-calling, go enjoy a touchwiz rom (notice my ambivalence? :D )

2. The SGS2 is NOT in any way, shape or form a tablet. So stop trying to make it one or you will suffer random FCs and other issues.
    Translation - DONT CHANGE YOUR DPI TO SOMETHING RIDICULOUS LIKE 160.

3. Flashing roms is not rocket science. Rule of thumb is wipe cache,dalvik-cache,system and flash. If you don't have issues awesome, if you do then you NEED TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL. This has been the rule since the beginning of time and creation. It will apply to EVERY PHONE YOU OWN FROM HERE UNTIL ETERNITY SO GET USE TO IT.

4. Why am I typing in caps? CAUSE I'M YELLING AT EVERYONE THIS APPLIES TO! <3 <3 <3
    I'm gonna do a new build a little later. Shouldn't require a full wipe if you're coming from the 0705 build. Has a new option in the phone for "noise reduction" which should be checked by default. I just want you guys to play around with it checked and not checked to get an idea of how it works. I believe when it's checked everything is going to be the same as it is now, unchecked might have call echo. Honestly I'm not sure so that's what you guys are going to tell me. ^^

EDIT: Will be a couple hours probably till it's up. I have so much freakin homework to do so trying to wrap most of it up before jumping on android.

Wait till tomorrow and check it your dam self :silly: it should be there tomorrow!

Here is the deal guys, I sent Whitehawkx my SII and had one of my employees pick me up a new one at the t-mobile store using an upgrade. So it was like $250 then we got a $50 mail in rebate.
    So no I did not send him the new one, I sent him my slightly abused one.
    1 scratch, and a few cracks around the plastic edges from the dam unicorn trying to fly :eek: But it works great and has the latest build on it already, so he is rooted and ready to go!

I did this because I know AOKP has kept my guys happy with vibrants and a few sII's, so they bug me less about upgrading. Because of that, AOKP has saved me money and now I'm giving some of it back.

No need to send me anything! But Hitting the Thanks Button is always appreciated
    It would be great if you sent the phone donation offers to AOKP but that's up to you guys!

Here's looking forward to Jellybean!!
    Thank you Whitehawkx, Team Kang, and all at AOKP for all your time effort and hard work! It's appreciated more than you realize!
    And pink Unicorns :silly:
    1Z151W2F4453900333
    should start tracking later today:eek:

Thanks so much Jangst! I'll let you know when I receive it. Since roman more or less handles the Gnex this phone will be priority #1 for me when JB source drops. That's a promise.
    Gonna upload the build I did yesterday. Doesn't seem to be any lag (I did notice a little before, honestly I have no idea why :( ). No MAJOR changes. I added burst back to the cam since it works good on hercules. I also added some under-the-hood stuff to the frameworks that deals with how thumbnails are generated. Seems to be running really nice for me. Oh, and some other minor optimizations - for instance text should render much prettier on this build.

Also, I did notice some lag on games like GTA3. Jangst said that formatting his sdcard fixed the issue for him. I formatted my internal and re-installed GTA3 and had no lag at all. I drove around smashing into thugs, hookers and cops for about 15 minutes without any lag.

Anywho... uploading...

Oh and one last thing. JELLYBEAN SOURCE IS GETTING PUSHED TO AOSP!!! But before you all go slapping your kids and women from excitement, be forewarned it's GOING TO TAKE SOME TIME. Good things come to those who wait. Remember that. <3