☞【ROM】【4.4.2】 - TrentKKRom Build 3 *Dec 2014* *Stable & Quick* ☜

Search This thread

Ohh_Trenton

May 18, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
While I love beans Rom...All the extra features seems to have bogged it down a bit. Not as snappy as 22 was. Very interested in this. I love speed so I'm going with odex .. You can still use Xposed + modules on odex correct? Or does it have to be a deodex Rom for Xposed?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That was the plan:) and yes xposed should work just fine

I tried the latest twrp with little luck. Used philz and it worked first try.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

OK so after grabbing the touchwiz apk I'm getting the parsing error. What am I doing wrong

TW launcher apk wont install. other than that everything seems awesome!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Are you guys placing it under system/app and setting permissions? Mine took effect immediately once I hit home, the touch wiz launcher came up. Don't install it as a normal apk.
edy4anu5.jpg
try it and let me know

Reactions: OKC_Thunder

statustray

Oct 9, 2010
North Central Florida
Hi Trent... dumb question... does this ROM have the hotspot hacked? Also, is there s note and does the calendar work the same as the calendar of a standard touchwiz rom?

Thanks in advance ;)

viper31573

Aug 31, 2012
port st lucie
That was the plan:) and yes xposed should work just fine

Are you guys placing it under system/app and setting permissions? Mine took effect immediately once I hit home, the touch wiz launcher came up. Don't install it as a normal apk.
edy4anu5.jpg
try it and let me know

yes,placing it in system/app worked. thank you. only other issue ive had, i had an app fc on me. i tried to reboot and i had to do a battery pull, but when it did boot back up, the app that was FCing worked again.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

i probably should have asked abouti t before doing it, but i flashed AGNi kernel. there shouldnt be any issues from that with this rom?

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

i probably should have asked abouti t before doing it, but i flashed AGNi kernel. there shouldnt be any issues from that with this rom and that kernel?

brandonhatty

Dec 31, 2012
I'm striking out with the tw launcher. I've copied to system/app and tried every combination of permission. Help please. Using es file explorer.

Attachments

• 1392175445210.jpg
    1392175445210.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 295

viper31573

Aug 31, 2012
port st lucie
I'm striking out with the tw launcher. I've copied to system/app and tried every combination of permission. Help please. Using es file explorer.

did you clear the defaults for whatever launcher you were using prior? these are the steps i used

1. DL apk to computer
2. move to sd card
3. copy to system/app
4. clear default on nova
5. press home button and choose TW

brandonhatty

Dec 31, 2012
I've tried all of that. I didn't know if I set permissions correctly. I just checked every box. I re booted several times. Nothing. Thanks for the input. Usually it boils down to me skipping or forgetting something

Edit: does it matter whether I'm running odex or deodex?

Last edited:

evodroid13

Jul 8, 2012
How do I get halo working. I have xposed installer installed and don't know what else to do. I tried the zip from trenton but nothing working...help please.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ohh_Trenton

May 18, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
I've tried all of that. I didn't know if I set permissions correctly. I just checked every box. I re booted several times. Nothing. Thanks for the input. Usually it boils down to me skipping or forgetting something

8e9e2uba.jpg

Every single apk and file under system needs to be set like this.

For halo, flash my halo zip.
Open up xposed --》download and find Xhalo.
Install it.
Activate it in modules.
e7u6egyb.jpg
y6ega6ur.jpg

Once rebooted, download floating notifications from play store. Then go into settings and activate halo windows.
nunyze3y.jpg

seha8age.jpg

Last edited:

audiophizile

Feb 24, 2012
Love the odex version so far but a few questions...

1. Possible to change all of the icons to kk?
2.How do you get the normal notification pulldown with the brightness slider?
3.Possible to make the status bar black?
4.How do you get that kk style lock screen clock in your screens?

I used philz with no issue

brandonhatty

Dec 31, 2012
Even after being shown the way I fail. Well thanks for trying to help guys. Guess I better get used to Nova.

Edit: Got it. For some reason es download manager wouldn't grab the whole file. Used regular Web and worked prefect. Thanks again for the help though! Loving this rom Trenton!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohh_Trenton

kude87

Jan 2, 2013
Denver, CO
Too many good rom choices....I feel spoiled by all the devs we still have. Awesome work! Respect. :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

viper31573

Aug 31, 2012
port st lucie
sorry but got 1 more weird issue. i have the splanner widget on one of my home screens, but it doesnt show all my facebook friends birthdays, and when i try to add something to the calendar, it tells me the app doesnt exist

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

though the above isnt really important. i have other options for calendar.

MADDAN18

Apr 11, 2009
This ROM is quite spectacular. Layer out perfectly. Quick question regarding the email: I don't see the exchange settings as an option upon setup. Something I'm missing? Or has that removed? Really need to have access to my work emails.

bigmike35

Sep 3, 2010
Houston
Installed the odex version, booted, worked fine, went to install the blue toggle/text odex version and it does its android [ well trent :)] is upgrading and kicks back to splash screen and repeats. It seems the blue toggle text makes it boot loops, anyone else getting this?

On a side note: I tried with Philz newest recovery, status 7, went back to twrp 2.6.3.1 worked fine.

Reactions: Matthenson20

Ohh_Trenton

May 18, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
AOSP MMS << If you have downloaded this zip, I ask that you redownload this one. I found an error in the script of the older one.
http://d-h.st/OD2

AOSP Email Exchange with Security Bypass (Not confirmed) <<-- Can someone confirm this working for them?
http://d-h.st/Mrm

AOSP Themed Sec Calendar << - This was themed by myself last night. Let me know what you think.
http://d-h.st/nnS

Blue Toggle/No Text << -- Fixed. Reuploaded.
http://d-h.st/deK

Blue Toggles/Text << -- Fixed. Reuploaded
http://d-h.st/3mE

Thank You @bigmike35 for bringing that to my attention

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ☞【ROM】【4.4.2】 - TrentKKRom Build 3 *Dec 2014* *Stable & Quick* ☜

qCKR1z--zDj2Bqr7vlXDlhmurAO0yZQxDnog8rK5QiqC=w830-h214-no

AJPfiK6hywHDNzZCyjWVRUjvNFXtz_zMmDpBQdAc09Js=w566-h210-no

If you're ever like me, and simply can't decide between touchwiz and aosp roms for the last 2 years.. and it's been driving you crazy to the point that you don't know what ROM to run..so crazy that you want to either throw your phone against a wall or punt it like a football....I may have the solution for you. I'm no Dr. Phil but TrentsKKRom™ CAN satisfy & fix that. Your thirst for both TW & AOSP has finally arrived..
    TrentsKKRom™ is a TRUE AOSP Experience on Touchwiz so If you are a fan of AOSP but want to retain touchwiz functions, this is for you.
    If you are living and can read this, this is for you.

0nSOuuhSOgQAy2H63sVd4FWjDZrpsYqoJ-mGx--jkAd5=w597-h211-no

TrentsKKRomChangelog_original.jpg

Build 8 - 8.04.14
    Three Themes to choose from:
    Kit Kat (Default)
    JellyBean
    Lollipop (Xposed)

Android L Features::
    Blacked out & Inverted Keyboard
    Boot animation
    UI, ringtones, notifications, alarm sounds
    Fonts
    Wallpaper
    Added Icon Set (Nova)
    Added Kit Kat Emojis
    Added New Personalization Category Under Settings:
    ------Heads Up Notifications
    ------Lockscreen Notifications
    ------Cm Theme Manager
    ------Per App Color
    ------Per App DPI
    Added Abbreviated Day of the week to Clock
    Added Google Camera & Gallery
    Added and updated more Inverted apps
    Reordered Settings
    Nova Launcher
    More of a maintenance update with some added goods. Enjoy!

Build 7 - 5.27.14
    Added Note 3 Incoming Call Popup
    Moved Xposed into settings
    Added Galactic Night Screen Settings (Great for my black & white alliancerom lovers)
    Floating Windows via Pen Manager
    MultiWindow Plus
    MultiUser Profiles Enabled
    Added Multi-Window Toggle
    Added Snap Camera & Gallery
    Added Tinted Status Bar
    Blacked Out Email, Youtube, and Google Calendar. Hangouts is blacked out *was not able to patch the update so do not let it update from play store*
    Morning! alarm clock
    Gear Fit Manager
    Kit Kat Themed Dialer Screen
    Fixed Data Icons
    Updated Xposed Installer

[5.9.14]
    Build 6 *It's not really Android 4.4. I just added KK theming/features/apps*
    KitKat Themed Status Bar
    KitKat Font
    KitKat Sounds
    KitKat Icons
    Google Now Launcher Default
    Working "Ok Google"
    Added AOSP Lockscreen (8 ring unlock possible via xposed)
    Xposed GEL settings
    Updated AOSP MMS (Touchwiz flashable)
    Updated Contacts.apk
    Revised SecSettings
    Revised Android.Policy.jar
    Added two NEW toggles (Lockscreen Enable/Disable; Screen Timeout 15sec/30sec/2min/5min)
    Rethemed Note 3 Keyboard
    Boosted Volume overall
    Added AOSP Calendar (Touchwiz flashable)
    Added Performance Control
    Removed some unnecessary samsung apks *Hopefully doesn't cause any issues*
    [4.24]
    Build 5
    Added System Wide Colored Emoji
    Rethemed SystemUI
    Rethemed Framework-Res
    Changed DPI to 275 (Use App Settings to Change Touchwiz Launcher/SecGallery to 320 dpi)
    Added Xposed Installer & App Settings
    Inverted Music Player
    Inverted SecMyFiles
    Added MeanBean WakeLag option in build.prop (WakeLag is on by default)
    Modded contacts.apk so missed calls go under missed category & sent/received under that category
    Went back to AOSP Alarm Clock
    Went back to AOSP Themed TW MMS (AOSP MMS sends pictures horizontally no matter what original orientation; will post link upon request)
    Added MY alliancerom accuweather widget (50% transparent)
    Modded SecLauncher2 *Faster & Smoother*
    Updated Core Apps
    Removed Outdated Blacked Out Apps until updated by Team Blackout

Debloated - flashable zip to add on bloat
    Blacked apps will be a separate flashable zip
    Added Google Launcher
    Added 4.4 Blacked Out AOSP Email
    SecPhone from build one readded
    SNote Themed
    SystemUI theme touchups
    Updated Play Store
    Added Themed Note 3 Keyboard
    Added Swiftkey Beta
    Updated Core Apps
    Ditched Mappz Quick Toggles
    Added Supercharger script to init.d - Feel free to also run supercharger script yourself via Script Manager
    New boot animation/Wallpaper
    Removed Incompatible font apks -
    Flashable extras (Fonts, Ringtones, Alarms, & Notifications)
    Updated alarm clock to Timely alarm clock
    Added App Ops
    Fixed wrong icon in the sound toggle
    Fixed wrong icon in the power menu (reboot/restart icons)
    Fixed Exchange Email Sync
    Fixed SecSettings Accounts
    Unlocked bootloader version & Safestrap version available

3.4 - Added Flashlight Toggle
    Removed Zero Wake Lag
    Rethemed Framework-res
    Added AOSP Contacts
    Added AOSP Themed SecCalendar
    Rethemed System Apps
    Added Themed Touchwiz Launcher
    Added Android AOSP keyboard
    Readded small Am/Pm
    Themed full screen caller ID (Thanks to Dwitherell)
    Added custom sounds
    New icon set
    Smoother scrolling/multi-tasking
    Uploading videos via Instagram works
    Added Viper Sound Mod
    Added SketchBook
    Added StoryAlbum
    Updated apps
    *This has been my private build for a couple weeks & Im sharing with you
    Editor's Note; I think it's a ton better scrolling/performance wise than build one. Build one was too laggy for me to be happy with..
    I added a couple of theme touchups I wanted.. AOSP Contacts added. I am very happy with this build &&
    You all will enjoy this build. Hopefully your thanks and beer will show it*

2.11 - Initial Release

*Your warranty is now void.
    *I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD Cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    *Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
    *You are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

By using the ROM, you agree with the above terms!​

SponqhNEmtt3uhEeyPIt8ZQYdKsv9SDNPPcMIiSSVeJh=w691-h208-no

Build 3 (December 18, 2014)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95857557620393439

Md5
    f4277f72b7690ad22780781ba48e09e4

**No Changelog yet. Will update that soon**

Build 2 (October 2014) Link ----->
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/jbsw93xti4i91pk/t0ltevzw_TrentS5KKRomB2.zip

1st - If you do not get WiFi & haven't flashed the Mj9 parameters yet, Install The 4.3 MJ9 Firmware File via Odin If You Have Not Done So Already.
    2nd - HIGHLY suggest wiping System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-Cache, & Internal Memory.
    3rd - If you are having SD Card writing issues, Download FolderMount from playstore. It will fix all those issues due to the new KitKat.
    4th - HIGHLY recommend Agni Kernel as well.

If you are enjoying my work, I never require donations but they are always always appreciated! You can donate here:

http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=2585040

5eY-UVr3YgDHlJV-J3fy0x9Ei0NyAq1C09PikUUf-MeP=w629-h240-no

TrentsKKRomThanks_original.jpg

Alliance Family - For everything. They helped jumpstart the beast in me.
    @Naddict - For just being a great moderator. I appreciate the things he has done for me.
    @PG101 - For granting me the opportunity to become a Recognized Contributor & giving me a chance
    @dwitherell - For being THEE coolest and down to earth dev Ive met. I can send him a chat at 4am and he always has the answer. Personal XDA friend to me. He has guided me with several apps & mods and I can't thank him enough. Thank you Devon!
    @icedventimocha - For the knowledge and ideas we throw at each other; very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. Deserves more credit than he gets sometimes.
    @Kryten2k35 - Without Kryten, AOSP/TW Hybrid is NOT possible. I owe him a ton of credit for his help, guidance, and patience. I Thank him for allowing me to merge and port some of his work into this rom.
    @DSA - Thank you for his help with the AOSP Lockscreen & staying up at the late hours of the night with me to get it done! #AllianceFamilyLove
    @BeansTown106 - For the tips and Stock MJ9 Base ROM.
    @ForeverSupra - We have been close since I met him and definitely missed on the Verizon note 2. Endless chats and I hope I have been a great friend to him just as much as he has been to me.
    @mikeyxda - Just recently spoke to him for the first time and always responded to me; credit him for the NoToggle, NoWake, and Emoji work.
    @RomsWell @andrewjt19 - I will thank you two, personally, for the positive comments you have made in my alliance thread. Meant a lot.

dtiebrwi2RQe5VXgF7qWKi1MBoLr9CxqPoKZZaPvC5uY=w817-h208-no

AOSP themed SystemUI (Touchwiz Toggles....Breaks some of TrentsSettings Customization)
    http://d-h.st/r7G
    Touchwiz Dialer & Contacts (Not themed but feel free to theme for all of us to use)
    http://d-h.st/30B
    Inverted Apps (To be updated more later)
    http://d-h.st/DaA
    Touchwiz Lockscreen
    http://d-h.st/XWw

YQHrSj5r81dMMG8oV-PBKsffRHNkIjLS9nBXjpy-PXag=w460-h197-no

Q: What is the best recovery to use to flash this?
    A: I didn't have much luck using the latest TWRP before 2.8.0.0. Phils has worked great, but TWRP 2.8.0.0 may work just as well.

Q: I can't get MMS to send? Any solution?
    A: Input your phone number into the messaging app to send MMS that way. You may have to use one of the known MMS fix methods (apn-conf) if you use another SMS app to send MMS. I honestly do not have a fix for that as it is possible something removed or merged could have messed that up. I noticed under about device, your phone number can say "Unknown". Have no idea why that is.

Q: There isn't a CSC.apk in the rom? Isn't that needed?
    A: Yes and no. The missing apk is HERE. Feel free to add it under /system/priv-app. You will get a "com.android.phone has stopped" message TWICE after every reboot and then the problem will never come back until the next reboot. I could not get down to this issue so hopefully someone more skilled than me at reading a logcat and providing a fix can help out. I removed it and it doesn't seem to hurt or break anything else about the ROM.

From past research, it is needed to boot the rom & for APN editing but it doesn't seem to really be affected by not including it so far.

Q: How can I remove the "0" from the time?
    A: Again, I will keep figuring that out. If it is that annoying, I guess you could try the Xposed Module "XuiMod".

Q: How can I get Inverted Contacts? Or vice versa?
    A: There is an extra contacts app under /system/priv-app called "Contacts1.apk". Rename Contacts.apk to Contacts.apk1 or whatever and rename "Contacts1.apk" to Contacts.apk and Hot reboot. You will have 2 apps under the system.

Q: How can I hide one of the dialers?
    A: Go into application manager and either "turn off" the dialer or google dialer. Simple as that.

Q: How can I change lockscreen wallpaper?
    A: I haven't gotten around to finding a way except for using GravityBox. Works great for lockscreen and quick tiles.

Q: Why do I get a Link Bubble has been illegally modified and thus will not work reliably message?
    A: This app was never modified. It was simply just added to system. Just uninstall using Titanium or root explorer and re-download.

I know this ROM isn't PERFECT, it will come with it's share of bugs. But I narrowed it down as much as I could to at least provide it as a daily driver and I think it is worthy of being a daily driver.

Also, GravityBox can be wonky! Stay cautious.

TrentsKKRomJellybean_original.jpg

TrentsROM is based off 4.3 MJ9.
    Stable, Simple, Sexy.
    You add in the mods you want. It is pretty barebones with a real JellyBean/KitKat/Lollipop look & UI feel and not just a theme. If you are one to not care about so much about customization and mods built in, this is for you.
    TrentsRom is a TRUE AOSP Experience on Touchwiz so If you are a fan of AOSP but want to retain touchwiz functions, this is for you. If you are living and can read this, this is for you.

Download_original.png

Install The 4.3 MJ9 Firmware File via Odin If You Have Not Done So Already.

If you enjoy my work, ANY donation is appreciated as well as your Thanks. A ton of work and time has been put into these roms with a busy work schedule. Thank you.
    Build 8
    http://d-h.st/aKA

JellyBean Theme
    http://d-h.st/L5a

Restore KK Theme
    http://d-h.st/cR8

Mods_original.png

Build 5 wallpaper
    default_wallpaper_1.png

Themed Kit Kat Dialer by Me (Regular themed available in Play Store)
    http://d-h.st/oUY

AOSP Browser (Just install as normal APK)
    http://d-h.st/qNG

Touchwiz Launcher w/ AccuWeather Widgets
    http://d-h.st/zhw

Archived Builds

TrentS5Rom.jpg

Screenshot_original.png

f0000.jpg
    f0001.jpg

Completely Themed TrentsROM Galaxy S5 Style. Same Goodness. If youre one to go back and forth between AOSP and Touchwiz, this thread is for you. If you're one to have the latest and greatest, this rom is for you. If you are living and can read this, this whole thread is for you.

Features_original.png

Samsung Galaxy S5 Boot Animation
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Lockscreen & Homescreen Wallpaper
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Themed AccuWeather Widget
    Note 3 Incoming Call Popup
    Torch/Lockscreen/Screen Timeout/Multi-Window Toggles
    Snap Camera & Gallery
    Gear Fit Manager
    MultiWindow Plus (1 window, 2 windows, 3 windows, 4 windows capabilities)
    Floating Windows Via Pen Launcher'
    Tinted Status Bar
    Smart Switch Mobile
    Morning! Alarm clock
    Updated Core Apps
    Tab View Default for SecSettings
    MultiUser Profiles Enabled
    App Ops
    Performance Control
    Galactic Night Screen Settings
    Themed APKS:
    Code:
    Calculator
    Calendar
    Camera
    Contacts
    Downloads
    Email
    FlashBarService
    Framework-res
    Gallery
    Internet
    Messaging
    Music
    MyFiles
    Phone
    PlayStore
    PopUp Browser
    SNote
    Settings
    SystemUI
    Touchwiz Launcher
    VideoPlayer

Download_original.png

If you enjoy my work, ANY donation is appreciated as well as your Thanks. A ton of work and time has been put into these roms with a busy work schedule. Thank you.
    TrentS5Rom Build 1 - http://d-h.st/Pdk

Changelog_original.png

Build 1 - Initial Release

Well alright then.. ☺ Rom is finished cooking & shall be served tomorrow or Wednesday. Need to finish polishing it up and making sure everything is smooth.

Here is the changelog and if I see a "Thanks" from you, I'm assuming you approve ☺

Changelog Build 9 (Touchwiz/AOSP Hybrid)
    "The Way The Note 2 Was Meant To Be"

Updated to KitKat 4.4.2
    KitKat Themed
    AOSP Style Pulldown (Including the actual AOSP Quick Tiles, NOT mappz quick settings)
    Option to have up to 20+ Quick Tiles including Flashlight, Favorite Contact, Hotspot, Screenshot & More! (Xposed)
    Ability to change color of tiles (Xposed)
    KitKat Contacts/Dialer/InCall Screen && Yes in call screen is actually AOSP in call screen. Not just themed.
    INVERTED KitKat Contacts/Dialer
    Missing contact pics are replaced with the letter of their first name and random background color like AOSP Roms)
    AOSP MMS (Change Theme On The Fly in settings)
    Trent's Settings (Clock/Battery/StatusBar/Lockscreen/Boot Animation/Mods Controls & More) baked in settings
    AOSP Browser
    AOSP Music
    AOSP Calendar
    AOSP Calculator
    AOSP Keyboard with KitKat Emojis
    AOSP Alarm Clock
    AOSP Lockscreen
    Touchwiz Camera
    Touchwiz Note 2 features remain
    Multiple user profiles
    Enabled Apps Ops
    Touchwiz lock screen Zip separate
    Enabled 6 Different unlock animations for Touchwiz Lockscreen
    ....and I'll keep the rest a surprise because I honestly can't remember anything else I did! ☺

Things to do::::
    Re-Do The OP. Make it look Nice for The Debut of KitKat & Build 9
    Polish up the ROM
    Sleep????

Bugs so far:
    NONE! Well so far...

Cosmetic flaw:
    Can't remove 0 from time. (Ex Mon 06:26 am.) Still looking into it.

All of this is possible mainly from Kryten2k35 who has been a HUGE HUGE help in the progress of my ROM and okayed me to merge and use some of his marvelous work from his UltimaROM. Check him out and the work he put in over there.

DSA also was a huge help with the AOSP lock screen and is also apart of the Alliance Family.

Finally, I'd like to thank my roommate Alexa who has put up with my late nights and even all nighters. I had to sacrifice time with her for this but I enjoy modding and doing this whole custom rom thing very much.

That's all for now... ☺ Keep checking the OP as I will be making changes.

Build 9 is uploading now. It is the slowest upload of all time (Starbucks). Im sure it will be a corrupted upload so I will upload again later when I get home. OP updated as well.

So from the last changelog I posted until now, I have a new changelog.

Im sure you guys wouldn't have appreciated constant FC when you answer the phone or when you first reboot your phone so that is now fixed (And took a good chunk of time to narrow down)
    Fixed Call Logs not showing up in Dialer.
    Fixed AOSP Incoming Call Screen
    Replaced AOSP MMS with 8SMS (It is needed for this rom + more functional + more features when it comes to Theme & MMS features.
    Fixed SystemUI FC & freezing the phone until it Soft Reboots itself when you pull out your SPen. Weird I know. I had to merge and update a lot of files so I figured something had to break.
    Fixed AOSP Gallery Editing Feature
    Switched Apollo music for Shuttle **Just looks better and fits the KitKat Rom)
    Added CRT animation into build.prop. **Option to choose Fade, CRT, or None in Build.prop**

I found all this as soon as I posted the last changelog. With my very busy schedule, I appreciate your patience.