Driver Issues

Search This thread

justinblaine23

Nov 13, 2011
Boise, ID
For whatever Reason I cannot get the drivers installed on either of my computers and thus cannot unlock the bootloader for my device. I am familair with rooting and installing roms as I have done so on two separate devices previously. However, I cannot get the phone to be recognized in Device manager with either the Samsung drivers or the Google drivers. All I get is The One with the yellow exclamation point.

Anybody else had this issue? If not does anybody have any suggestions as to what may be causing the issue?

Thanks!

justinblaine23

Nov 13, 2011
Boise, ID
Have you tried Universal Naked Drivers? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2386956[/QUOTE

I just tried and still no luck. Also the Universal Naked Drivers didn't have any sort of install file so I'm not entirely sure what do do after I've downloaded. I tried using the "Have Disk" option but no luck. Maybe you know how to use them ?

I did a full uninstall of all the previous drivers I had installed for the One and uninstalled the device in device mgr prior to downloading the universal naked ones.

Also, the device is recognized fine in MTP mode. It goes to the "Unknown" Status once I turn on Debugging.

Last edited:

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Have you tried Universal Naked Drivers? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2386956[/QUOTE

I just tried and still no luck. Also the Universal Naked Drivers didn't have any sort of install file so I'm not entirely sure what do do after I've downloaded. I tried using the "Have Disk" option but no luck. Maybe you know how to use them ?

I did a full uninstall of all the previous drivers I had installed for the One and uninstalled the device in device mgr prior to downloading the universal naked ones.

Also, the device is recognized fine in MTP mode. It goes to the "Unknown" Status once I turn on Debugging.
You would manually install the drivers. If you read the thread, the installation process is in there. If you run W8.1 you will need to disable driver signature which is also explained in the thread.

justinblaine23

Nov 13, 2011
Boise, ID
I fixed it by using Google's drivers and selecting them in device manager for each state the phone was in. Ex: mtp, debugging on/off and once after connecting with fastboot. Thanks to all that responded!