WM6 ROM - Issues and compatibility list - please contribute...

Search This thread

ZaJules

Sep 13, 2005
Port Elizabeth
This is a killer for me... until this issue is fixed, I'm not using this ROM - this overshadows most of the other issues.

I use mail2web on push mail and I have none of these device waking up problems.

Infact WM6 is so far the best rom I have used the only small problem I need to fix is that I cant start voice dial with my headset button.

Jules

CLS_500

Dec 12, 2006
finally added faria's Camera fix.. but does anyone run into problems when accessing the settings in the Camera? nothing shows.. but it keeps my phone in Landscape and i have to reboot.. and wen i soft reset.. my splash screen and WM6 screen stays in Landscape mode... good camera.. wount need the settings.. but just wanted to know if i was the only one going thru this

jarekt

Apr 7, 2004
Opole
those who are having trouble, try importing with Taskmgr

As of the camera.reg file.

I have tried PHM registry editor as well as Resco Explorer. Non of them works. I can import part of the file so a file format is definitely ok. The problem is located somwhere inside the file. I'll try to locate wrong line when I have some time free.

Problem is located somewhere at the end of the file. More or less on 85%. I've added camera.reg content part by part and everything seems to work fine aside that there are some regs missing.

Last edited:

ascssmith

Apr 18, 2006
New Jersey
Camera cab

This was posted by Funman in another forum:

Well I have been playing with making a cab file for the cam App for all you that are using WM6, Well Faria did all the hard work and I am just adding on to all his great work. This should put the cam app on Phone, but it is not tested.

Feed back would be great, as this is the first cab i have made, that has not be just for me to use.

ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com...mera App.cab

finally added faria's Camera fix.. but does anyone run into problems when accessing the settings in the Camera? nothing shows.. but it keeps my phone in Landscape and i have to reboot.. and wen i soft reset.. my splash screen and WM6 screen stays in Landscape mode... good camera.. wount need the settings.. but just wanted to know if i was the only one going thru this

Had the same problem when the reg file was not importet properly. try that again..

GldRush98

Jun 3, 2006
Taylorville, IL.
www.GldRush98.com
I've noticed this problem,but don't know the reason:confused:

I did a test last night... I hard reset WM6. The menu buttons were better but I could still feel a bit of lag. As I installed apps that run in the background/today screen it got worse and worse.
By the time I get to where I need to be as far as having what I need to use installed and set up, the menu takes over 1 second to display after pressing the button.
1 second may not sound a lot to some people, but WM5 is nearly instant. Having a delay is not acceptable to me... I know it would drive me crazy.
I'm back on WM5 for now. Too many little issues with WM6 for me to go to it right now. WM5 I have no issues with. :)

DoctorT

Jan 11, 2006
I did a test last night... I hard reset WM6. The menu buttons were better but I could still feel a bit of lag. As I installed apps that run in the background/today screen it got worse and worse.
By the time I get to where I need to be as far as having what I need to use installed and set up, the menu takes over 1 second to display after pressing the button.
1 second may not sound a lot to some people, but WM5 is nearly instant. Having a delay is not acceptable to me... I know it would drive me crazy.
I'm back on WM5 for now. Too many little issues with WM6 for me to go to it right now. WM5 I have no issues with. :)

Did u activate file system/font cache etc. as discribed on molski.biz? That helped a lot for me - now my Wizard is running again (still not as fast as faria's AKU3.3, but faster than all my previous ROMs)... :)

texasaggie1

Aug 10, 2004
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
What worked for me

I noticed that pretty much everything worked for me, most notably: battery status WITH overclocking, vjdevice lock, smatskey, pBar, ppcfinder, core media player, weather watcher

My tasks didn't show up on the device after I synced though.

Last edited:

texasaggie1

Aug 10, 2004
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Also, I posted in another thread that the difference between the latest version on WM5 and the new WM6 is like Windows98SE and WindowsME, except of course that Windows ME sucked big time and WM6 looks pretty dang sweet.

All that said, I think most apps that are working with the latest version on WM5 will probably work on WM6.

cuboosh

Apr 28, 2006
Ohio
www.myspace.com
update; rom is running smoothly now.. phm_tray also works flawless.. oc'd to 232mhz. very happy with the performance. also love how palm threaded sms will beep during the convo incase ur not looking at the phone.. it didnt do this in wm5! :)