[PATCH] PDroid Patch v1.27 For Custom Roms - Enjoy Better Privacy Protection.

Search This thread

sahilg009

Mar 23, 2011
Can anyone conform that it works with squad cm r. 5.7

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

madsa

Jan 21, 2012
Jakarta
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite
i cant use it on my device..
please look SS
70d74242-955e-c9eb.jpg

yagya

i cant use it on my device..
please look SS
70d74242-955e-c9eb.jpg

It seems you are not using RC 5.4 of CM7.2. Even if you are using it, make sure you haven't changed the framework. I can see that you have applied somekind of theme and that might be the reason why you are unable to use it.

You need a clean (without changes to framework) RC5.4 build and I am sure it will work on it.
:)

Jinxxed

Mar 12, 2012
badalup
PDroid is an application that let's you take control of the access of private data by various applications you install on your device. You can find more information about it at this article

• For instructions on How to Install, see POST #2.
  • For FAQs, see POST #3.
  • For Downloading Patches and updates see POST #4.
Read Details Below :​

PDroid allows blocking access for any installed application to the following data separately:

PDroid Privacy Protection
Device ID (IMEI/MEID/ESN)
Subscriber ID (IMSI)
SIM serial (ICCID)
Phone and mailbox number
Incoming call number
Outgoing call number
GPS location
Network location
List of accounts (including your google e-mail address)
Account auth tokens
Contacts
Call logs
Calendar
SMS
MMS
Browser bookmarks and history
System logs
SIM info (operator, country)
Network info (operator, country)

PDroid also allows supplying custom or random values for device ID, phone and mailbox number, SIM serial, subscriber ID and device location.

PDroid Patches For various custom roms for Galaxy Mini. Download yours from below [post #4] and follow instructions in post #2 to install it and enjoy your privacy.

I used this some time ago, and it was horrible when it came to my samba/nsf connections as well as some needed VPN connections.

If you say it's good to go with that kind of config, i'll install it... just as long as you know i will chase you with a bunsen burner if you're wrong. :D

yagya

I used this some time ago, and it was horrible when it came to my samba/nsf connections as well as some needed VPN connections.

If you say it's good to go with that kind of config, i'll install it... just as long as you know i will chase you with a bunsen burner if you're wrong. :D

I couldn't get what you mean by "when it came to my samba/nsf connections as .... "

And, for the second part. you don't need to chase me. Just do a backup before you flash the patch and then you can restore it later on if you have problem. Also, I can't do anything if you randomly go on blocking all access without knowing the possible consequences. Only block those access that you think the app doesn't need to work fine. Also, you can block access when you doubt on the quality of app. There's no need to block any access to apps from trusted developers like Google. I can be sure you won't have any problem if you operate it wisely. :)

yagya

I couldn't get what you mean by "when it came to my samba/nsf connections as .... "

And, for the second part. you don't need to chase me. Just do a backup before you flash the patch and then you can restore it later on if you have problem. Also, I can't do anything if you randomly go on blocking all access without knowing the possible consequences. Only block those access that you think the app doesn't need to work fine. Also, you can block access when you doubt on the quality of app. There's no need to block any access to apps from trusted developers like Google. I can be sure you won't have any problem if you operate it wisely. :)

VR.gtmini

Oct 8, 2011
Mars
Nah Not Working

No man, its not working.:eek:
Flashed the patch in CM7 RC5.6, dosent worked,
nor in RC5.7.:confused:
The app says not Patched.:eek:

galaxy mini

Dec 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Redmi Note 10 Pro

Try to mount system first before you flash the patch and make sure you use the right for your rom version! It should work i dont thing yagya would upload a not working patch!! Report pls if it had work.

yagya

There are few things that is needed to be remembered. The patch might not work if you are using themes since it fully depends upon framework. (not sure though since I haven't tested it but, that's what the logic tells). Also, the patch I made is for RC5.7 is for pure RC5.7. No doubt it will not work, if you flashed the updates from squadzone later one since they have got changes in the framework.

So, I recommend you to make the patch by yourself since it is very easy as I have put up a tutorial in post #3. Note, that for making patch work with latest RC 5.7 along with the updates from squad, you will need to merge all of them in a android rom zip and then make one for the final version.

Try to mount system first before you flash the patch and make sure you use the right for your rom version! It should work i dont thing yagya would upload a not working patch!! Report pls if it had work.

Yes, I made them working alright. But, since there are framework updates regularly, they are not working even within a single rom. I guess it's not for experimental users who keep flashing their rom every other day :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PDroid is an application that let's you take control of the access of private data by various applications you install on your device. You can find more information about it at this article

• For instructions on How to Install, see POST #2.
    • For FAQs, see POST #3.
    • For Downloading Patches and updates see POST #4.
    Read Details Below :​

Thanks to Svyat for the development of this useful app.... Visit his development thread for PDroid Privacy Protection app @ http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1357056

PDroid allows blocking access for any installed application to the following data separately:

PDroid Privacy Protection
    Device ID (IMEI/MEID/ESN)
    Subscriber ID (IMSI)
    SIM serial (ICCID)
    Phone and mailbox number
    Incoming call number
    Outgoing call number
    GPS location
    Network location
    List of accounts (including your google e-mail address)
    Account auth tokens
    Contacts
    Call logs
    Calendar
    SMS
    MMS
    Browser bookmarks and history
    System logs
    SIM info (operator, country)
    Network info (operator, country)

PDroid also allows supplying custom or random values for device ID, phone and mailbox number, SIM serial, subscriber ID and device location.

PDroid Patches For various custom roms for Galaxy Mini. Download yours from below [post #4] and follow instructions in post #2 to install it and enjoy your privacy.

How to Install PDroid Patch on your galaxy mini?

How to Install The PDroid On Galaxy Mini/Pop/Next GT-S5570 ?

Remember, this patch is only for Cyanogen Mod 7 roms.

• Download PDroid Patch file from above.
    • Copy the downloaded file to root of your sd-card.
    • Reboot your device into CWM recovery
    • Choose Install Zip from SDCards -->> Choose zip from sdcard -->> and select the Pdroid zip file you copied earlier.
    • Once it is flashed, reboot your device.

How to USE?
    • Now, DOwnload PDroid Privacy Protection App from ANdroid Market.
    • Install the app.
    • Run it and configure privacy settings for any app you have on your device.
    PDroid-patch for NewExperience3.0 by autoradio78

Hi @all,
    i get requests to make PDroid-patch for NewExperience3.0! So here it is :cool:
    Install as always its important to mount system/data in recovery before
    flashing the PDroid.zip otherwise it wont work! As always the restore.zip just in case:p
    So enjoy full privancy from now on this CM build!!

100% working its tested by myself!!
    FAQs

Q. What is PDroid app?
    PDroid is an application that let's you take control of access to the data by various applications installed on your device.

Please, find more detailed information about this app at this article :
    http://yagyagaire.blogspot.com/2012/02/pdroid-app-protects-your-privacy.html

Q. I want to make PDroid patch for other custom roms. Is it possible?
    Yes, it is. Make sure your rom is deodexed then you can use PDroid Patcher for Windows to create your own patch for your custom rom.
    Find detailed info as well as step by step tutorial on doing so at the link below :
    http://yagyagaire.blogspot.com/2012/02/how-to-make-pdroid-patch-for-any-custom.html

Q. Where do I look for further updates and more information?
    Even the info provided above is not enough for you then you can visit the developer's thread at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1357056

You shall also find updates there.
    PDroid patch cm7.2 RC1-1.2 from Mebitek

PDroid patch for Mebiteks cm7.2 RC1-1.2 release!!
    install as everytime ;-) also have added restore.zip just in case!!
    enjoy privancy in this new pure cm build.

Thx to mebitek for your release!!

Edit:Not working, have removed it!!