[Q] KitKat vs Jelly Bean

Search This thread

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
Okay guys, this is not first thread about this subject but give your thoughts please.

I have:
Note 3 (SM-N9005) running some JB 4.3, unrooted
Note Pro 12.2 LTE (SM-N905) running KK 4.2

So far I haven't got any problems with Note 3, so kinda no reason to update it to 4.4, but does that update do more good or harm to me, since no way to dowgrade back.

About ext. sdcard writing problem, I haven't noticed anything that differs between my JB Note 3 and KK NP 12.2 :eek:

Main reason why I would want KK on my Note 3 is Samsung SideSync feature (works only on KitKat devices) that I could use my Note 3 through my NP 12.2..

But is that really that good reason to update fully working phone (if there comes some problems with KitKat)??

Please help me with this, thanks :p

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Okay guys, this is not first thread about this subject but give your thoughts please.

I have:

So far I haven't got any problems with Note 3, so kinda no reason to update it to 4.4, but does that update do more good or harm to me, since no way to dowgrade back.

About ext. sdcard writing problem, I haven't noticed anything that differs between my JB Note 3 and KK NP 12.2 :eek:

Main reason why I would want KK on my Note 3 is Samsung SideSync feature (works only on KitKat devices) that I could use my Note 3 through my NP 12.2..

But is that really that good reason to update fully working phone (if there comes some problems with KitKat)??

For me personally, I don't see more harms compare to the good parts.
I understand so many ppl do complain about KK firmwares. And to be frank, those problems stated, I have never experienced on my N9005 device (**touch wood**) :)
My ext. sd card writing also has no problem eversince I upgraded from JB to KK for the first time.
S-view cover, some also stated they experience problems, but my S-view is working just fine. And I have a fake S-view (made in China) :p
But all is your decision to make. My only advise is... if you really want to upgrade, after the upgrade is done, no matter you still can go through the homescreen, try to do factory reset from stock recovery. This step is very simple, but do help a lot to avoid future unnecessary problems (example : battery drains, FC, freeze, sudden reboot, phone very slow, etc).
So, my suggestions is, do backup of your important data (before upgrade) to your external SD, or to your laptop/PC.

Reactions: Spere
X

x102x96x

i

I have:

yeah there few changes in KK update of N3
few GUI improvement
reason u may like to update is RAM management that is in native KitKat codes that of course others implements it.
:good:

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
Thanks, both of you..

I think I'm gonna update when I got some time to make all backups of my phone.

But let's see if this get some more replys and maby some pros/cons about KitKat

I have original S-View (which I do not use, since it makes phone too bulky for me), so I'm not worried about KitKat affects to those covers.
On my NP 12.2 running KK I haven't seen any issues with external sdcard so that should be fine.
(Possible??) battery drain issues don't scare me, and of course if I update, I'm going to make factory reset from recovery to make "clean" install

Last time I updated my phone, a day after I found URDLV, way to root without tripping KNOX. But obviously it was too late since that update patched bootloader, LOL.
I bet this wont most probably happen when going from JB to KK, that someone finds a way to root JB without tripping KNOX, but not for KK.

KitKat makes device faster/smoother (I've read somewhere, don't know is it really noticable on daily use?)

So what else you people have noticed running KK versus JB, any other cons and how about pros?

Last edited:

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Thanks, both of you..

I think I'm gonna update when I got some time to make all backups of my phone.

But let's see if this get some more replys and maby some pros/cons about KitKat

I have original S-View (which I do not use, since it makes phone too bulky for me), so I'm not worried about KitKat affects to those covers.
On my NP 12.2 running KK I haven't seen any issues with external sdcard so that should be fine.
(Possible??) battery drain issues don't scare me, and of course if I update, I'm going to make factory reset from recovery to make "clean" install

Last time I updated my phone, a day after I found URDLV, way to root without tripping KNOX. But obviously it was too late since that update patched bootloader, LOL.
I bet this wont most probably happen when going from JB to KK, that someone finds a way to root JB without tripping KNOX, but not for KK.

KitKat makes device faster/smoother (I've read somewhere, don't know is it really noticable on daily use?)

So what else you people have noticed running KK versus JB, any other cons and how about pros?
it is noticeable
:)

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
Yep... So I pulled the trigger and updated my phone.

First impressions:
-It's a lot faster
-After update my USB 3.0 connection works no more to my PC (My NP 12.2 USB 3 connection also don't work, now I found what's the reason.. KitKat)
-My favourite internet browser force closes when trying to open it (I loved it since it was like ICS stock browser, got those must have fast button when you slide from edge of screen, it was fast and always on fullscreen exept when you opened adress line from fast button :p Does any of you know any similar browser working on (non rooted) KitKat?)

It takes 100++ years to get phone back to "usable" state (All settings, homescreens, app drawer, apps and they're settings, WIFI settings, paired BT devices...etc..etc....)

Let's see what else time shows me

Reactions: umairaziz1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have:

For me personally, I don't see more harms compare to the good parts.
    I understand so many ppl do complain about KK firmwares. And to be frank, those problems stated, I have never experienced on my N9005 device (**touch wood**) :)
    My ext. sd card writing also has no problem eversince I upgraded from JB to KK for the first time.
    S-view cover, some also stated they experience problems, but my S-view is working just fine. And I have a fake S-view (made in China) :p
    But all is your decision to make. My only advise is... if you really want to upgrade, after the upgrade is done, no matter you still can go through the homescreen, try to do factory reset from stock recovery. This step is very simple, but do help a lot to avoid future unnecessary problems (example : battery drains, FC, freeze, sudden reboot, phone very slow, etc).
    So, my suggestions is, do backup of your important data (before upgrade) to your external SD, or to your laptop/PC.
    Yep... So I pulled the trigger and updated my phone.

First impressions:
    -It's a lot faster
    -After update my USB 3.0 connection works no more to my PC (My NP 12.2 USB 3 connection also don't work, now I found what's the reason.. KitKat)
    -My favourite internet browser force closes when trying to open it (I loved it since it was like ICS stock browser, got those must have fast button when you slide from edge of screen, it was fast and always on fullscreen exept when you opened adress line from fast button :p Does any of you know any similar browser working on (non rooted) KitKat?)

It takes 100++ years to get phone back to "usable" state (All settings, homescreens, app drawer, apps and they're settings, WIFI settings, paired BT devices...etc..etc....)

Let's see what else time shows me