No jb update for 2011 devices

Search This thread

Elessar76

Sep 22, 2011
Bad news but as expected... They can make a firm for Xperia J but not for similar phones like Neo/Arc/S, what a waste of money in software departments...

Last edited:
Reactions: mrm2007 and darkerm
No Brain inside Sony software development departament....

hahaha, thats why they must put us in there, but sony make good choises in that way, i understand why are they dont update 2011 devices maybe to much trouble etc, see but im always a sony user, they have good products, but sony have less bugs and not so much as by samsubg, htc or lg and more off that phones, so they trully thinking about it ;)

Reactions: darkerm

ThilinaC

Nov 19, 2008
Kandy
bit.ly
Sony guys are just pulling a cheap stunt..how could the hardware go out of date in one year...they guarantee a good user experience in just a year? What sort of a trickery is this...Anyway...Root and enjoy...that's better than what Sony would offer anyway ;)
Don't you get it.Sony's main target is to make money.This is a business after all.Besides 2011 models are outdated now,be happy that they gave us a stable ICS fw(unlike lg,samsung even htc who abandoned most of their 2011 mid end lineups in ICS update).Their main target must be improving and selling more 2012 series and upcoming 2013 xperia models and that's what Sony should target on if they ever want to be a giant in smart phone business-not updating every 2011 model !

Reactions: Pandemic

mr.m27

Feb 24, 2008
i'am not surprised at all ! cost saving is essential for a business
anyway i use the official ROM cuz i get the clearbass and some Sony apps
once a JB ROM has those features ported i'll jump straight to it XD
maybe we'll have to wait until Xperia J get some beans o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostfreak NB

georgeiulian89

Sep 21, 2010
Pitesti
It's nothing new...Sony must focus on 2012 and the upcoming 2013 Xperia series. However,i'm happy with stock rom (debloated),few mods and apps from Xperia T and 587 fw. It's very smooth and i always have 150-160 mb of free RAM. I've tried CM10 and PACMAN roms,they're very good,but i hate the fact that phone is rebooting when view videos and also i miss the Bravia Engine,because,let's be honest,without Bravia Engine,the Xperias display sucks when viewing videos (at least for me).But the explanation from Sony why the 2011 series is not getting JB,is hilarious (i mean let's compare the Arc S with Xperia J :laugh:). However,i think that next year i'll change my Neo with an Xperia V.:cool:

Last edited:

Jonfensu

Apr 10, 2012
Bad News... Anyways Why you post a new thread when we have THIS Android 4.1 Jelly Bean [DISCUSS THREAD]

It's nothing new...Sony must focus on 2012 and the upcoming 2013 Xperia series. However,i'm happy with stock rom (debloated),few mods and apps from Xperia T and 587 fw. It's very smooth and i always have 150-160 mb of free RAM. I've tried CM10 and PACMAN roms,they're very good,but i hate the fact that phone is rebooting when view videos and also i miss the Bravia Engine,because,let's be honest,without Bravia Engine,the Xperias display sucks when viewing videos (at least for me).But the explanation from Sony why the 2011 series is not getting JB,is hilarious (i mean let's compare the Arc S with Xperia J :laugh:). However,i think that next year i'll change my Neo with an Xperia V.:cool:

:eek: Just160mb of free RAM? Man I get 200MB with Stock :p

Last edited:

georgeiulian89

Sep 21, 2010
Pitesti
Bad News... Anyways Why you post a new thread when we have THIS Android 4.1 Jelly Bean [DISCUSS THREAD]

:eek: Just160mb of free RAM? Man I get 200MB with Stock :p

I didn't removed everything,i've removed just few useless apps (i've kept fb inside xperia). Beside this,i'm not using the phone for gaming,so,for me is more than enough.And you have 200 mb all the time,or just when you turn on the phone? i have 150-160 all the time.However,before debloating i was having just about 90-100 mb lol

marcusasdrubal

May 30, 2012
As for me I will move to Apple. Not because their updates to all phones, but because the app devs in android will left many of us. Jelly Bean ask for 60 fps, most of the biggest devs, are working to reach this level. Then, after a few months I will be not suprise with I see an app exclusively for JB. One thing in my defense to move to Apple, Chrome. Chrome is a google app, in IOS even a 3GS can get it. But Here at least ICS. Another example? Snapssed. Snapseed bought by Google, wonderfull app, it works in 3GS, 4, 4S and 5, but for us, it needs at least tegra 2. So, I am leaving, it was good and wonderfull time here with everybody, but I got stressed about it. Every year, this same story and I did not learn. Always buying android phones, and now I found me exactly in the same disgusting situation. I will not try to use custom roms, though I know how to put it in my phone, because even the great effort , they are still buggy. I am not arguing, but it is the truth. Many will say that ICS is enough for me, yes, until now is more than enough. But knowing how android is, soon will be not enough.

So friends I will stay here until sell my Xperia Neo and buy an Iphone 4. After that Goodbye.

juninromualdo

Dec 5, 2010
Águas Claras
Don't you get it.Sony's main target is to make money.This is a business after all.Besides 2011 models are outdated now,be happy that they gave us a stable ICS fw(unlike lg,samsung even htc who abandoned most of their 2011 mid end lineups in ICS update).Their main target must be improving and selling more 2012 series and upcoming 2013 xperia models and that's what Sony should target on if they ever want to be a giant in smart phone business-not updating every 2011 model !

with all due respect but I do not think we should rejoice because both have almost the entire line 2011 with ics, I see the hand of everyone being equal in hardware. but for me it's the least we would have to be done to win customers since bought by the promise of neo v ics, however icebug got a way with ginger. because it gave us the applications "nxt"? if not for the developers .... Samsung has updated the s2 was minimal upgrade at least the arc / s

Send from my turbinado Xperia Neo V using xda premium

zeus_47

Dec 29, 2010
:eek:

U should try the new pacman ROM...its uber fast...has every concivable thing working and leaves oodles of RAM and free memory...and anyway, as soon as they release the official JB, i guess all the ROMs out there will be able to extract the required libraries and port them over to make the custom ROMs stable...that's what happened with ICS too :)

Reactions: kormatoes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bad news but as expected... They can make a firm for Xperia J but not for similar phones like Neo/Arc/S, what a waste of money in software departments...
    Agreed

Sony guys are just pulling a cheap stunt..how could the hardware go out of date in one year...they guarantee a good user experience in just a year? What sort of a trickery is this...Anyway...Root and enjoy...that's better than what Sony would offer anyway ;)
    It's really bad news for us. However, Could we request them for Camera Lib for JB?

hahaha, thats why they must put us in there, but sony make good choises in that way, i understand why are they dont update 2011 devices maybe to much trouble etc, see but im always a sony user, they have good products, but sony have less bugs and not so much as by samsubg, htc or lg and more off that phones, so they trully thinking about it ;)