[Q] 4.3 + S-Off ---Can I root?

Search This thread

jcw122

Nov 23, 2011
Hi,

My phone somehow managed to update itself to 4.3 even though I've been denying it for several weeks in attempts to get around to using Rumrunner. But now I'm stuck on 4.3 without root, and that caused a couple things to break from when I previously had root (some items are perma-frozen and I cannot "unroot" to access GOOD).

Is there any way to fix this currently since I am S-Off? Like can I go back to 4.2.2 since I'm S-Off?

jcw122

Nov 23, 2011
Works great thanks. I see 4.4 is now trying to be pushed. Can I repeat this process if I try to take the OTA or will it fail because of CWM?

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
It will fail unless you are complete stock. You can and should remain s-off. To take the ota, you would have to ruu and then take the ota(s). Once updated, you just fastboot flash recovery and then flash su thru recovery. Then you will have stock rooted KK.

Reactions: jcw122

jcw122

Nov 23, 2011
It will fail unless you are complete stock. You can and should remain s-off. To take the ota, you would have to ruu and then take the ota(s). Once updated, you just fastboot flash recovery and then flash su thru recovery. Then you will have stock rooted KK.

OK thanks, that makes sense to me. I guess I'll just wait for a stock rooted ROM or something, as that seems like it'll be less hassle. Much thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fastboot flash twrp or cwm, unless its already installed and accessable. Then flash the superuser zip thru recovery. That will give you root back.