[Q] BIONZ work after relock the bootloader?

Search This thread

albertmed98

May 14, 2014
Hi guys!

I've read several threads about loosing the BIONZ after unlocking the bootloader. Some say it depends on DRM, some say it has nothing to do with. It's possible to regain it after relocking the BL?

What is truth about this?

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Unlocking bootloader makes no change to software...just make sure u have a TA backup....

Sent from my C6902

Actually it does make a lot of changes to the software. Just take a look at the stock rom logcat straight after booting. There's a check if bl is unlocked and if it is then it wipes some stuff.
TA backup is very important before unlocking it so u can go back to LB and send your phone in for a warranty. I can't tell what's up with the bionz as I've unlocked my BL and then restored it, but the camera doesn't seem to be as good as it was. That might be caused by 4.4 firmware though. Can't tell for sure.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

hxq88

Oct 27, 2011
AnGiang
some unlock bootloader guys confirm track ID work but they cant use update music info feature in walkman app, x-reality stop working, picture quality lower than lockbootloader
( im not sure, just read from google, should we make a thread to vote and confirm what feature stop working after unlock bootloader :confused:?)

Jonas740

Apr 17, 2014
I can say it like this then.

I unlocked lost drm keys forever. I relocked my phone using flashtool. Drm keys still not there according to what we know.

But all the functions you mention works. I've compared pictures with ones that comes from a locked bl with never was unlocked. They are the same quality. The other functions you mention works aswell.

And remember now, I don't have any drm keys. But I have relocked bl. I unlocked last night again. And I actually checked these things just to see and guess what. They all still worked.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

bihslk

Dec 29, 2011
You wish to know :P
I can say it like this then.

I unlocked lost drm keys forever. I relocked my phone using flashtool. Drm keys still not there according to what we know.

But all the functions you mention works. I've compared pictures with ones that comes from a locked bl with never was unlocked. They are the same quality. The other functions you mention works aswell.

And remember now, I don't have any drm keys. But I have relocked bl. I unlocked last night again. And I actually checked these things just to see and guess what. They all still worked.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

Even Music info in Walkman works well. All these settings works without problem