ZR/dogo's 2nd Mic Doesn't Work on Custom ROM

Search This thread

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
How I fixed this on SP:

Sony does not use stock audio routes for the msm8960 chipset family. They add their own. If you compare the CAF snd_soc_msm files to Sony's files, you will find extra audio routes.

You need to edit the 'stock' audio routes, with any AOSP based ROM will use, to have the same values as the additional Sony audio routes.

This is my commit that fixed it on huashan: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/68000/

You need to do something similar for dogo. Find the additional routes, copy the config to the stock config.

I cannot do this, I have neither the device, nor the time.

and just a FYI on FXP: yes we have a 'monopoly' on Sony devices, but that is because there are literally six of us that develop CyanogenMod / Android on a daily basis, and another handful that contribute fixes from time to time. It makes sense for us to stick together. According to fxpblog.co there are 24 devices in the 'active' section, not counting variants with different radios, or dual-sim variants. Yes we are vastly understaffed and overworked...

We would gladly welcome someone competent to work with us full time. (that's not an invitation for applications, that's an invitation for someone to just start fixing bugs wherever they can)

there are 3 commits, are they all needed to fix this problem? or rootdir/system/etc/snd_soc_msm/snd_soc_msm_2x is enough? thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
Try this.

edit: i grabbed the fix intended for sp and flashed it on cm11/zr/dogo, it doesn't work.

Attachments

• snd_soc_msm_xperia_sp_680000.zip
    392 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
How I fixed this on SP:

Sony does not use stock audio routes for the msm8960 chipset family. They add their own. If you compare the CAF snd_soc_msm files to Sony's files, you will find extra audio routes.

You need to edit the 'stock' audio routes, with any AOSP based ROM will use, to have the same values as the additional Sony audio routes.

This is my commit that fixed it on huashan: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/68000/

You need to do something similar for dogo. Find the additional routes, copy the config to the stock config.

I cannot do this, I have neither the device, nor the time.

and just a FYI on FXP: yes we have a 'monopoly' on Sony devices, but that is because there are literally six of us that develop CyanogenMod / Android on a daily basis, and another handful that contribute fixes from time to time. It makes sense for us to stick together. According to fxpblog.co there are 24 devices in the 'active' section, not counting variants with different radios, or dual-sim variants. Yes we are vastly understaffed and overworked...

We would gladly welcome someone competent to work with us full time. (that's not an invitation for applications, that's an invitation for someone to just start fixing bugs wherever they can)

@adfad666

i did some tests, have some questions...

in the fix #68000, there are 3 edits...

#1 BoardConfig.mk
#2 rootdir/system/etc/snd_soc_msm/snd_soc_msm_2x
#3 system.prop

are all three fixes needed to make it work? cause I don't have build setup, but can definitely test #2. in fact I just flashed #2 (snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3) with the one from stock and also Xperia SP's fix in #68000, but didn't solve the 2nd mic problem.

thx!

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
i'd like to start a poll, how many of us are willing to donate to freexperia team to get this bug fixed?

halfbloodmutant

Oct 2, 2012
Duliajan Assam India
On custom roms when taking video cover the primary microphone i.e. one on the bottom, with your fingers. Now check the video if it has proper sound.

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts