How to do JuoPunutbear easily (My own personal experience)

Search This thread

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
Well, this thread is going to be based on telling you how I completed Juopunutbear since I have no wires around already, I had to be creative and it worked out really well.

Things you'll need:
Downloaded Juopunutbear - Can be fetched from http://Unlimited.io
Ethernet cable
Doubleshot
Knife or scissors

Step 1:
Take ethernet cable and cut the wire open. You will see a couple of wires. Cut both ends to be an appropriate length (I cut about 3 inches of length to use)

Step 2:
Take stripped ethernet cable and pull out one of the wires.

Step 3: Strip about a half inch off the end of each side of the wire so you get the hard copper to show up.

Step 4: Twist the ends so that they are size appropriate for the contact point and can maintain better contact in general.

Step 5: Run control bear and follow instructions with retwisting the copper if you need to according to seperation. If you know what you're doing, it should be done in a few minutes :p

2012-04-23

Step 6 - Optional : Recover your SD card for use again Can be found in post 2

*Note: I take no credit for Juopunutbear, only where my name is referenced in credits on unlimited.io Nothing else.
Credits to Team Unlimited and their respective members.

Last edited:

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
How to recover SDcard for use (will be formatted)

Step one: Get gparted up and running (you can make a live CD / bootable USB)

Step two: Run gparted (if on linux and using it, type 'sudo gparted' minus '

Step three: Create a new partition table from "Partition Table" in the top menu

Step four: When that completes, repartition the card for the full space and then it will be fine and usable.

jPz9wo1I8BbCU.jpg

Last edited:

qwerty3656

Aug 22, 2009
Since you are posting your personal experience, I wanted to pass along mine. Tried several times - didn't get it to work.

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
How did you rename the top purple banner?
That's a cool little hack. I'd like to try that myself

ac3theone

Jan 26, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
im finally s-off, took me awhile (maybe 50+ tries) turns out the sd card i was using was bad, when i switched to a new one it worked on the first try i think.

2G1J

Mar 31, 2010
Austin
Decided to give this a shot and the phone just boot loops lol. I'm still a noob when it comes to this stuff, so is there anyway to stop this? Or do I just go to my T-Mobile store and play dumb lol?

*EDIT*
Never mind, just reflashed the boot image and got everything working again.

Last edited:

qwerty3656

Aug 22, 2009
im finally s-off, took me awhile (maybe 50+ tries) turns out the sd card i was using was bad, when i switched to a new one it worked on the first try i think.

Not sure what you mean by bad SD card? My SD card got fried somewhere along the process, but I can't believe that if people are doing this 25-50 times before it works that by the end of it their SD cards are still working.

2G1J

Mar 31, 2010
Austin
After a bunch of cussing, numerous attempts of the wire trick, and tons of reformats of the sd card later I am finally s-off.

Reactions: Alex530

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
Your sdcard isn't fried by the end of this. It just has a corrupted partition table. So recreating a partition table = perfectly normal sdcard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, this thread is going to be based on telling you how I completed Juopunutbear since I have no wires around already, I had to be creative and it worked out really well.

Things you'll need:
    Downloaded Juopunutbear - Can be fetched from http://Unlimited.io
    Ethernet cable
    Doubleshot
    Knife or scissors

Step 1:
    Take ethernet cable and cut the wire open. You will see a couple of wires. Cut both ends to be an appropriate length (I cut about 3 inches of length to use)

Step 2:
    Take stripped ethernet cable and pull out one of the wires.

Step 3: Strip about a half inch off the end of each side of the wire so you get the hard copper to show up.

Step 4: Twist the ends so that they are size appropriate for the contact point and can maintain better contact in general.

Step 5: Run control bear and follow instructions with retwisting the copper if you need to according to seperation. If you know what you're doing, it should be done in a few minutes :p

2012-04-23

Step 6 - Optional : Recover your SD card for use again Can be found in post 2

*Note: I take no credit for Juopunutbear, only where my name is referenced in credits on unlimited.io Nothing else.
    Credits to Team Unlimited and their respective members.
    S-Off is fun. I found a trick to the wire trick. Once you tap the contact, pull the wire up you'll here a plastic sound (can't explain). Then hurry and tap it again. Thats what I did. Then. Just keep doing in till you see the CMD.exe get past the wiretick part.

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using xda app-developers app
    gonna try this now, if it fails what can i do to get my phone back in working order?
    After a bunch of cussing, numerous attempts of the wire trick, and tons of reformats of the sd card later I am finally s-off.
    Just went S-Off with the wire trick. Took about a 100 taps, but I got it. :D

So I wasn't without a cell phone during the process, I popped my SIM card in a spare phone, so no SIM in during the process. Now I'm wondering if that was bad idea.

This time the card is practically brand new (and is not the only one causing the issue). Is this something that needs to settle in the next couple days, or will I be stuck with this delay forever?

I didn't have this issue upon s-off (maybe because I had my SIM in the phone). Do you have the latest radio firmware? You could also try rolling back to s-on and then re s-off with the Sim inserted.