Is there an "official" 4.4.2 zip for Nexus 7 2013 Flo?

Search This thread

droidshadow

Dec 28, 2012
Hello xda developers!

So I had a quick question that I am really hoping that someone here can help me out with...

I have my N7 2013 32GB WiFi only model FLO tablet running Android 4.4 rooted (of course) with Multirom installed.

Okay so when I rooted my N7 I flashed the kexec kernel patch so I could install Ubuntu Touch...not knowing that Ubuntu Touch is only available for the N7 2012 tablet. So a few days after installing the kexec-patch an upgrade was available for Nexus 7. I tried installing the 4.4.2 upgrade but I knew that it was not going to work....

What I am wondering is, is there a way I can download the official ROM for the Nexus 7 (I want the official) and flash it with TWRP and Multirom? Will Multirom allow you to flash to the "internal" ROM?

If I can flash an offical nexus 7 flo rom I can then just root it again with the Nexus Root Toolkit.

I have done a lot of work with other ROMs on my Nexus 7 tablet that I have installed with MultiRom and I really don't want to have to erase everything just to put the official 4.4.2 upgrade on my N7. Yet...I really want the upgrade because I have heard they fixed a lot of issues with the camera.

Has anyone uploaded an apk for the official Nexus 7 4.4.2 camera app? If I can't flash an "official" nexus 7 flo ROM could I just install the camera apk from the Nexus 7 4.4.2 update?

I am really hoping someone can point me in the right direction here...

On a personal note I just want to say how much I enjoy this place and I am so thankful for xda and all the amazing work contributed by the developers and testers. Thank you all so much!

You all are the reason I will never buy an iPad or iPhone!

I thank you all for your time and your assistance.

-droidshadow

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

droidshadow

Dec 28, 2012
Pandae thanks so much for the reply...

I will check the link out further when I get home.

I am really looking for something like an official OTA zip that I can flash where I can keep my other installed ROMs with twrp and Multirom.

If anyone has done anything like that please let me know...

Thanks again,

Droidshadow

droidshadow

Dec 28, 2012
stock kernel for 4.4?

I am thinking now that maybe if i can get a hold of the stock kernel for the Nexus 7 on Android 4.4 i could re-flash the stock kernel to remove the kexec-patch and then i could apply the official OTA update to 4.4.2

Does anyone think this would work?

Does anyone happen to know where I might be able to get the stock kernel for the Nexus 7 FLO for Android 4.4?

Thank you all so much for your time...

-droidshadow

wantabe

Mar 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
I am thinking now that maybe if i can get a hold of the stock kernel for the Nexus 7 on Android 4.4 i could re-flash the stock kernel to remove the kexec-patch and then i could apply the official OTA update to 4.4.2

Does anyone think this would work?

Does anyone happen to know where I might be able to get the stock kernel for the Nexus 7 FLO for Android 4.4?

Thank you all so much for your time...

-droidshadow
I haven't seen a flashable zip for the stock 4.4 kernel. If you have adb setup you can extract the boot image from inside the factory image and fastboot flash that. Did you make a backup (nandroid) after you rooted? Of course you did! ;) Just restore "Boot" from your backup made with TWRP. To get the OTA to work your "system" will also need to be stock and you need to have stock recovery. If you don't have stock recovery and you have TWRP for instance you can flash the OTA zip with TWRP. At the very least your system and kernel will have to be stock to get an OTA to work. Edit: I just saw this ROM Stock Rooted 4.4.2 - KOT49H and it looks like you have to flash the bootloader seperatley. Flash the ROM and bootloader with TWRP.

Last edited:

ztdroider25

Jun 28, 2013
Dallas
Hello xda developers!

So I had a quick question that I am really hoping that someone here can help me out with...

I have my N7 2013 32GB WiFi only model FLO tablet running Android 4.4 rooted (of course) with Multirom installed.

Okay so when I rooted my N7 I flashed the kexec kernel patch so I could install Ubuntu Touch...not knowing that Ubuntu Touch is only available for the N7 2012 tablet. So a few days after installing the kexec-patch an upgrade was available for Nexus 7. I tried installing the 4.4.2 upgrade but I knew that it was not going to work....

What I am wondering is, is there a way I can download the official ROM for the Nexus 7 (I want the official) and flash it with TWRP and Multirom? Will Multirom allow you to flash to the "internal" ROM?

If I can flash an offical nexus 7 flo rom I can then just root it again with the Nexus Root Toolkit.

I have done a lot of work with other ROMs on my Nexus 7 tablet that I have installed with MultiRom and I really don't want to have to erase everything just to put the official 4.4.2 upgrade on my N7. Yet...I really want the upgrade because I have heard they fixed a lot of issues with the camera.

Has anyone uploaded an apk for the official Nexus 7 4.4.2 camera app? If I can't flash an "official" nexus 7 flo ROM could I just install the camera apk from the Nexus 7 4.4.2 update?

I am really hoping someone can point me in the right direction here...

On a personal note I just want to say how much I enjoy this place and I am so thankful for xda and all the amazing work contributed by the developers and testers. Thank you all so much!

You all are the reason I will never buy an iPad or iPhone!

I thank you all for your time and your assistance.

-droidshadow

Hello, There is a way to download the stock ROM. I will leave a link and a tutorial on how to install it below. If you just want to flash it with TWRP then copy the .zip to your flash drive or whatever. I prefer to use fastboot because then I can flash only certain parts of the update and preserve my root. Hope this helps.

Download Link: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
Tutorial: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uO7HkTrRzwM

droidshadow

Dec 28, 2012
Hello, There is a way to download the stock ROM. I will leave a link and a tutorial on how to install it below. If you just want to flash it with TWRP then copy the .zip to your flash drive or whatever. I prefer to use fastboot because then I can flash only certain parts of the update and preserve my root. Hope this helps.

Download Link: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
Tutorial: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uO7HkTrRzwM

ztdroider25

thank you so much for the link and the link to the tutorial! I will check it out tonight after my pizza gets here. Thank you so much for taking the time to help out. This is why i love XDA!

I will let you know how it works out...

-droidshadow

ztdroider25

Jun 28, 2013
Dallas
ztdroider25

thank you so much for the link and the link to the tutorial! I will check it out tonight after my pizza gets here. Thank you so much for taking the time to help out. This is why i love XDA!

I will let you know how it works out...

-droidshadow
Hey DroidShadow,
If none of these worked for you, i have newer and better ROMs that ive come across over the past three months. Let me know if u want a list of them.