[Q] Can't finish write to userdata

Search This thread

hornetster

Jan 18, 2011
Elliott Heads
Google Pixel 3
Nexus 4 with stock (originally 4.4.2), which wouldn't update to 4.4.3, due to TWRP being installed, so when 4.4.4 came around, thought I would download and flash myself. Not a huge expert, but have certainly flashed several phones successfully previously.
Initially using the Nexus Root Toolkit, unrooted etc, downloaded the correct file from https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images, tried to update, and would not write the radio file (waited for ages), tried to do using adb etc, no go.
Finally downloaded the 4.4.2 image, and using fastboot, this successfully did everything up to userdata, erased userdata successfully, and sent file, but never completes writing. (writing 'userdata'...) If I reboot, just gets stuck on the 4 circles.
Have installed CWM and tried doing a factory reset, but can not mount data....
Anyone able to assist?
Thanks

hornetster

Jan 18, 2011
Elliott Heads
Google Pixel 3
Well, thought it was stock, but the latest OTA didn't install. Don't really know why, as I wasn't watching, but it did the download, then kicked off the install, but when I came back to it, was just sitting at the home screen, no messages and the update hadn't happened - still sitting on 4.4.2.
I had flashed 4.4.2, and I thought the only bit that hadn't worked was the userdata, which I flashed separately, recovery has been flashed to stock recovery...
Why hasn't it updated?
And how can I tell if 'everything' is stock?

Thanks.

Last edited: