[mod]TMOUS APN unlock for tethering

Search This thread

valefour

Sep 18, 2011
These won't work on any other ROM besides stock and steve0007's roms?

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk

GROGG88

Feb 15, 2011
Lone Star State
joshuaglenlee.com

The odexed version will work on a factory 3.32.531.14 rom. It will also work on any stock based rom that are NOT deodexed (I don't know of any).

The deodexed version will work on any deodexed factory based 3.32.531.14 rom. This will include Steve0007's deodexed stock rom, and it should also work on ARHD 1.1/1.2... It could also work on others, but if any mods or themes have been applied to the framework it will wipe them out!

I have submitted this for the add-on section of ARHD...

design12

Mar 29, 2010
I'm on elegancia 3.0.0.. Do I just flash this in recovery? It saids to do factory reset. If someone could post the steps I would appreciate it alot.. Thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

Reactions: Zombie Steve Jobs

Jimmah555

Jul 27, 2009
Las Vegas
In the changelog for Elegancia it says APNs were unlocked at version 2.0.0. Is this mod any different to what Steve has already done in his ROM?

Last edited:

kypeth

whats the difference between your MOD and the APN unlock already built-in to a few ROMs, I see that you plainly elaborated the NO, they are not the same, but was unwilling to further distinguish them in the elegancia thread.

If happen to have a moment, I would greatly appreciate any information your willing to discuss on your own thread.

EDIT: Originally Posted by design12
I know that elegancia 3.0.0 has unlocked APN but is it it the same as this mod? http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1691633 This one supposedly patches hidden apns upon reboot for tethering... Just curious. Thanks

Since that's my link I'll pitch in...

Simple answer is NO. I will not discuss it any further in this thread as it's not the place...

that's the post that has prompted my curiosity.

Jimmah555

Jul 27, 2009
Las Vegas
Alright here's what I did. Some info first:

Elegancia 3.0.0 (TMOUS Version)
Stock kernel
Proper Firmware

1. Made a backup of the Data partition because I don't want to have to re-setup everything again

2. Placed the .zip on my SDCard

3. Reboot into recovery and performed Factory Reset

4. Wiped Dalvik/Cache (even though reset wiped cache)

5. Installed .zip

6. Wiped cache again (could have probably waited until this step, but Grogg's instructions said to, and I must abide)

7. Restored Data from previous backup

8. Rebooted

Everything is set up exactly as it was before. Just thought I'd share what I did.

GROGG88

Feb 15, 2011
Lone Star State
joshuaglenlee.com
whats the difference between your MOD and the APN unlock already built-in to a few ROMs, I see that you plainly elaborated the NO, they are not the same, but was unwilling to further distinguish them in the elegancia thread.

If happen to have a moment, I would greatly appreciate any information your willing to discuss on your own thread.

I know that elegancia 3.0.0 has unlocked APN but is it it the same as this mod? http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1691633 This one supposedly patches hidden apns upon reboot for tethering... Just curious. Thanks

I will gladly discuss it here... Both Elegancia 3.0.0 and version B of my rom are using resources from 3.32.401.105 in order to achieve two functions:

1. Unlock APNs

2. Provide leedroid tweak compatibility

The only problem with this is the fact that they are no longer "true tmous builds". I refer to them as "franken-builds"... I have not gone through all the differences between framework-res, systemui, framework.jar, services.jar, etc... but I can tell you that certain small bugs have been reported with the xe build that others have reported as fixed in the official tmous version.

The APNs are written to apns.xml within the framework-res.apk. This is why we used XE components to unlock the APNs at first. You can distinguish what roms are built this way by the framework version:

TMOUS: 20120412.202737

XE: 20120321.232857

My unlocking mod is the stock TMOUS framework-res.apk, but it has the apns.xml from XE. This ensures that the rest of the rom stays in tact and that no bugs will be induced by mixed resources... I've also included this mod as an option during install on version A of my rom. :)

Paten

Apr 16, 2010
Tampa, FL
Alright here's what I did. Some info first:

Elegancia 3.0.0 (TMOUS Version)
Stock kernel
Proper Firmware

1. Made a backup of the Data partition because I don't want to have to re-setup everything again

2. Placed the .zip on my SDCard

3. Reboot into recovery and performed Factory Reset

4. Wiped Dalvik/Cache (even though reset wiped cache)

5. Installed .zip

6. Wiped cache again (could have probably waited until this step, but Grogg's instructions said to, and I must abide)

7. Restored Data from previous backup

8. Rebooted

Everything is set up exactly as it was before. Just thought I'd share what I did.

Just so everyone knows, Elegancia 3.0.0 already has the APN's unlocked. If you do this with the Stock Tmobile US rom and then restore your Data from the backup, it will put the locked APN's right back out there.

Jimmah555

Jul 27, 2009
Las Vegas
Just so everyone knows, Elegancia 3.0.0 already has the APN's unlocked. If you do this with the Stock Tmobile US rom and then restore your Data from the backup, it will put the locked APN's right back out there.

Call me crazy, but the mod involved the system partition, not data.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

GROGG88

Feb 15, 2011
Lone Star State
joshuaglenlee.com
Just so everyone knows, Elegancia 3.0.0 already has the APN's unlocked.

It's using the XE framework... It's not full TMOUS. This mod does not apply to it.

Call me crazy, but the mod involved the system partition, not data.

OK, Hi crazy... :) This replaces the framework-res.apk in /system, but a factory reset must be performed for changes to take effect because the APNs are written to /data on first boot. If you shortcut and restore your data partition then you're just re-writing the original locked APNs...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmah555

Jimmah555

Jul 27, 2009
Las Vegas
OK, Hi crazy... :) This replaces the framework-res.apk in /system, but a factory reset must be performed for changes to take effect because the APNs are written to /data on first boot. If you shortcut and restore your data partition then you're just re-writing the original locked APNs...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Never knew that. Thanks for the education dude!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gone fishing...

I will gladly discuss it here... Both Elegancia 3.0.0 and version B of my rom are using resources from 3.32.401.105 in order to achieve two functions:

1. Unlock APNs

2. Provide leedroid tweak compatibility

The only problem with this is the fact that they are no longer "true tmous builds". I refer to them as "franken-builds"... I have not gone through all the differences between framework-res, systemui, framework.jar, services.jar, etc... but I can tell you that certain small bugs have been reported with the xe build that others have reported as fixed in the official tmous version.

The APNs are written to apns.xml within the framework-res.apk. This is why we used XE components to unlock the APNs at first. You can distinguish what roms are built this way by the framework version:

TMOUS: 20120412.202737

XE: 20120321.232857

My unlocking mod is the stock TMOUS framework-res.apk, but it has the apns.xml from XE. This ensures that the rest of the rom stays in tact and that no bugs will be induced by mixed resources... I've also included this mod as an option during install on version A of my rom. :)
    Just thought i'd let you guys know that if you superwipe and reinstall your rom for one reason or another, you can just install the apn fix before first boot and you won't need to factory reset.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Sorry if this dumb question, I understand steps but "factory reset" in recovery(4ext) or bootloader(I believe there's an option here too, right?)?

Both options lead to the same place. (which is 4ext) :)

GROGG can post to tell for sure but the deodexed version is for custom ROMs so in theory it should work on AOSP and AOKP ROMS as well. A stock ROM will be odexed, but custom ROMs are usually deodexed.

The odexed version will work on a factory 3.32.531.14 rom. It will also work on any stock based rom that are NOT deodexed (I don't know of any).

The deodexed version will work on any deodexed factory based 3.32.531.14 rom. This will include Steve0007's deodexed stock rom, and it should also work on ARHD 1.1/1.2... It could also work on others, but if any mods or themes have been applied to the framework it will wipe them out!

I have submitted this for the add-on section of ARHD...