[CAB] WP7UI, Standalone for WM6.5 --HOST-- V1.5 (colors) - UPDATED

Search This thread

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
ehm yes its a little bit above the bottom of the screen.. thats all :)

test version for wqvga (and qvga) uploaded.. check first post..

changes:
programs crash wont get you out of the app
search page added (not much though)

pls leave comments.. if it works, i'll change "QVGA" from thread title to "WQVGA|QVGA" :D

Last edited:

PayAndDie

Oct 31, 2008
Oh wow it works really great! every pannel is working and its very fast :) great work so far ;)!

jonhdoe11112

Feb 20, 2009
Just watched the video... how come it's AMAZINGLY fast?

Please think about the WVGA users while developing :D

bigfoune

May 31, 2009
monaco
thank you ashiqiqbal . i've tried your vqvga on i 900 and it's very great work and very fast .congratulation;)

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Works very nice and smooth so far, thanks a lot for this.
Only thing i miss is to be able to change the links when tapping on a hub, as for a non wwe rom the links are not the same. So for example tapping on Music does not open Nitrogen, same with calculator. Is there really no way to change this, is it hardcoded?

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
... Is there really no way to change this, is it hardcoded?

for now, sorry but yes, it is hardcoded.. i will work on it later to give u options.. not only to change the links, but also to add additional links... i guess it is essential for a phone..

but.. it'll take a week or two (even three) to be ready.. sorry guys.. but i just cant spend too much time on this now.. i'm about to fail in my studies b'coz of this :) .. but it's only a few more days for the semester to end..

Panchiron

Feb 2, 2010
for now, sorry but yes, it is hardcoded.. i will work on it later to give u options.. not only to change the links, but also to add additional links... i guess it is essential for a phone..

but.. it'll take a week or two (even three) to be ready.. sorry guys.. but i just cant spend too much time on this now.. i'm about to fail in my studies b'coz of this :) .. but it's only a few more days for the semester to end..

Study, study, first is first :D.

sahalan

Nov 2, 2009
Fantastic app with huge potential if you can keep the speed up while it grows in complexity. Works perfectly on omnia i900!

caballero600

Dec 29, 2007
Only want to report that is working perfect in a Htc touch Elf. The only one thing is the middle button (win logo) shorcut that says "could not launch application".

great work!

apax

Mar 1, 2008
when do you think, you will have a wvga version? i will donate if you can get a wvga version out ;)

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
looks like i'm in a position to start workin on it again.

The only one thing is the middle button (win logo) shorcut that says "could not launch application".

that's strange.. r u installing it to the device? u should.

when do you think, you will have a wvga version? i will donate if you can get a wvga version out ;)

thanks buddy. but i dont really feel like goin for donations. it's u'r comments that'll do the job ;-) .

update for all screens coming soon.

Note2Frat

Mar 16, 2010
I was testing your WP7 UI at the begining and had problems, None now. Good work

Is there any possibility to request a custom one or code so we can customize?

Here are a couple of screen shots that I made.
Home.png

Home2.png

Menu in place of programs
Menu.png

Is there a way to select something from the menu to set on home screen?

I know you are not a programmer, I am not either, I have been trying to learn but havent gotten anywhere. I am lost with the code.
Thanks

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
I was testing your WP7 UI at the begining and had problems, None now. Good work

Is there any possibility to request a custom one or code so we can customize?

sorry.. since this is a standalone app it's pure code.. not like the ones that u can customize with xml's or by editing pics. and i really dont think it's a good idea to develope a single app in different hands. i've seen some beautiful themes in this forum becoming difficult to use (by beginners - as it is difficult to figure which download to go for) as different people are uploading different version of that.. so this one's gonna go only as far as i can.. sorry again..

BTW.. the one that i am working on now (v2) will give u the look of u'r screenshots.. (it is actually how WP7 looks like.. thanks to MS).. including programs list.. but i will keep a fav app page separately..

glad that it works for u now..

Last edited:

moccainhell

Apr 19, 2009
jakarta
@ ashiqiqbal,
dude,..can i request one light version (i mean juast one form/page),..because my device only have 64MB ram,..version 1.5 really2 eat a lot of my device ram,..so right now i still used version 1,.. or maybe you can sugest me how to remove page 2 on version 1? thx :D

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
@ ashiqiqbal,
dude,..can i request one light version (i mean juast one form/page),..because my device only have 64MB ram,..version 1.5 really2 eat a lot of my device ram,..so right now i still used version 1,.. or maybe you can sugest me how to remove page 2 on version 1? thx :D

do u mean only the home page? i think i can do that for u.
but it will leave the black part empty without the arrow (?!).

v1.5 uses only 807kb of memory. i'm not sure how much i can save for u. r u sure?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Host V1.5

Host-V1.5-ScreenShots.png

Like i said before, i'm only learning wm programming.. so nothing big..

This is a standalone app. You can customize it to make it look like WP7.

Should work on all screen types (QVGA/WQVGA/VGA/WVGA), other than the square/HVGA ones.

REQUIRES:
    1. WM6.5
    2. .net compact framework 3.5 (usually built into WM6.5 cutom ROMs. if not, u'll need to install it)

still beta...i'll assume no responsibilities...

things to do..
    just install the cab (on device) and run from the start menu.

REMEMBER to uninstall before a new install

i'd recommend all today items to be disabled first (not needed, but saves battery and memory)

New video of Host v1.5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO2_AaPe74

Tested on HTC HD2 (ROM: Duttys), HTC Touch 3G (ROM: Megade) and Samsung OMNIA II (i8000) (ROM: Stock 6.5).. dont know how it'll go on other devices..should work on all devices with WM6.5

Condition for use: Leave a comment :)

PLEASE DON'T MIRROR

Known Issues:
    Please report

Remember when downloading: HostV1.5.CAB is the new version. HostV1 and WP7V2.0.CAB are the old ones. if you find V1.5 too heavy for u'r device, u may opt for WP7V2.0.
    (keeping all of them for download)

ChangeLog for Host V1.5:
    1. No confirmation for lockscreen (10 Dec, 2010)
    2. Screen stretched to fit screen if all buttons at the bottom bar are hidden (10 Dec, 2010)
    3. SharePoint and OneNote added in officepage (10 Dec, 2010)
    4. Shortcuts background has been removed (10 Dec, 2010)
    I would love to have a Weather-Hub. Is it possible to realize such a thing?

it will be added.. but pls dont ask for a date..

Ashiq
    I want this program (host 1.5) to start automatically. It's possible?

use total comander. create shortcut of host.exe , copy to windows\startup folder
    I installed a really bare 6.5 rom, it only had media player, and when i tap pictures, it says : program could not be launched.
    can i just assign any program to it or do i need a specific program?

assign it to anything of u'r choice..
    Is this still being supported? I really hope so. Awesome awesome job keep it up.

it is still supported and the project will continue.. but i'm takin a break :)