[Q] Why Google doesn't allow modifying microSD contents any more on android 4.4.2?

Search This thread

Salar.m

Jan 7, 2010
Shiraz
As you all know, modifying files on microSD card feature like allowing to delete rename move files is not more supported by android kit Kat 4.4.2 and later versions of android...

I already know that there's a solution and it's rooting and installing SDfix app from Google play and solve it all,, but duo to my own concerns Oki don't preffer that way...

Please answere as much questions as I have and u can ??????

1. Why Google just disabled this key fearure?

2. Is there any hope that this key feature will come back in later android version if customers do show their remonstrance ??

3. Is there any where I can email Google official operators about this problem and ask them why whom responsible for deleting this key feature in android developement department of Google? - as I searched didn't found any where to chat or ask my problem...

4. Do HTC, Samsung, Sony and other mobile manufactures have the legal rights to add this key feature to there android builds of their own in the contrast of Google android developers way?

And can they include this key feature (or better to say exclude this crazy ban) from their own android roms and just include it in an update for their phones for us to get rid of his ban ??

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
As you all know, modifying files on microSD card feature like allowing to delete rename move files is not more supported by android kit Kat 4.4.2 and later versions of android...

I already know that there's a solution and it's rooting and installing SDfix app from Google play and solve it all,, but duo to my own concerns Oki don't preffer that way...

2. Is there any hope that this key feature will come back in later android version if customers do show their remonstrance ??

3. Is there any where I can email Google official operators about this problem and ask them why whom responsible for deleting this key feature in android developement department of Google? - as I searched didn't found any where to chat or ask my problem...

4. Do HTC, Samsung, Sony and other mobile manufactures have the legal rights to add this key feature to there android builds of their own in the contrast of Google android developers way?

And can they include this key feature (or better to say exclude this crazy ban) from their own android roms and just include it in an update for their phones for us to get rid of his ban ??

If you are rooted there is a way around this. Its is not that big of a issues unless you can not obtain root:rolleyes:

Reactions: Salar.m

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Google, for the most part, doesn't like external storage expansion. They consider it a security flaw. Keeping everything internal keeps all your data more secure. Plug it into a computer, and you can't access anything unless you unlock the phone (PUT A LOCK CODE OR PATTERN ON YOUR PHONE!), but if there's a microSD card with sensitive data (app info, dirty pics, whatever), all you have to do is take out the card.

I can understand Google's position, but I also hate it too. Especially when so many phones without expandable storage have such limited internal space (ie: Nexus devices). Even if you don't have a bunch of music/video on your phone, it only takes a couple of big games like Asphalt or GTA to use up all your space. IMO, Google should figure out how to move certain apps to SD storage, even if they don't allow all. Keep sensitive data on the device, but allow the hefty stuff to be stored on card.

Salar.m

Jan 7, 2010
Shiraz
Google, for the most part, doesn't like external storage expansion. They consider it a security flaw. Keeping everything internal keeps all your data more secure. Plug it into a computer, and you can't access anything unless you unlock the phone (PUT A LOCK CODE OR PATTERN ON YOUR PHONE!), but if there's a microSD card with sensitive data (app info, dirty pics, whatever), all you have to do is take out the card.

I can understand Google's position, but I also hate it too. Especially when so many phones without expandable storage have such limited internal space (ie: Nexus devices). Even if you don't have a bunch of music/video on your phone, it only takes a couple of big games like Asphalt or GTA to use up all your space. IMO, Google should figure out how to move certain apps to SD storage, even if they don't allow all. Keep sensitive data on the device, but allow the hefty stuff to be stored on card.

You mean after all of these experiences they had till releasing Android 4.4.2, Couldn't they find out any other solution to that matter but to restrict the permissions on microSD card??
I don't have any special skill in software and computer programing but there has to be some other solutions like adding firewall, or setting an unbreakable master password (while accepting just NTFS formatted sd cards) on devices using a default app from Google for it (like the condition we see WD uses to secure its external HDDs)

Salar.m

Jan 7, 2010
Shiraz
If you are rooted there is a way around this. Its is not that big of a issues unless you can not obtain root:rolleyes:

Rooting is not a permanent solution for this matter at last!!!!
It does look like they're (officially!!) forcing their customers to root their device witch they not approve rooting way by not supporting guarantee conditions... And it doesn't make sense...

I'm completely aware that the rooting highway is widely open and rooting is a piece a cake...
But, the company should establish ways that don't put its customers to rooting highway!! ,, cause it doesn't make sense...

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
You mean after all of these experiences they had till releasing Android 4.4.2, Couldn't they find out any other solution to that matter but to restrict the permissions on microSD card??
I don't have any special skill in software and computer programing but there has to be some other solutions like adding firewall, or setting an unbreakable master password (while accepting just NTFS formatted sd cards) on devices using a default app from Google for it (like the condition we see WD uses to secure its external HDDs)

I can't speak as to why that couldn't or can't or aren't. I'm not a programmer or developer. I'm merely repeating information that I've read regarding SD cards and security. Rumor is that Android L might open things back up.

Salar.m

Jan 7, 2010
Shiraz
I can't speak as to why that couldn't or can't or aren't. I'm not a programmer or developer. I'm merely repeating information that I've read regarding SD cards and security. Rumor is that Android L might open things back up.

Really? I hope so...
If you heard anything else about it, share it with us...
And, BTW, I heard that Z2 doesn't have this problem with its Android 4.4.2 Rom... Is that true? Why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.